Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2002, 11:35 AM   #21
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I am sorry for using the three lettered "f" word that means gay, publically.
In the U.S.,it is a common term to use to to call a homosexual by.

I never took a class on international vulgarities... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I understand that in the UK the term "fag" refers to cigarettes...that may be out of date though [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do know that here in the US its usually considered a derogotory term..something akin to OJ Simpsons N word thing.

Old 02-04-2002, 11:37 AM   #22
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Larry--

My original post was a full 2 and 1/2 *hours* before yours (the one I took umbrage at), so you need not have 'waited longer" to see others' posts! And Sazerac's post has nothing to do with my upset--your own apparentlyjudgemental post. I see you have now edited out portionsof the first post, as is your right, but now it does appear that the sharks are attacking p[oor little you.

Please do not sequester some of us with the tag "you people" as this may be interpreted as we are some sort of deviant crowd--the moral 'us' vs. the Less-than-decent 'them'.

Your post is the sort that Sazerac warned of...and I will not be party to this sort of prejudice.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:48 AM   #23
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes MagiK, in England fag is used as slang for cigarette, as well as the one Larry used it.
It's funny, a slang word for homosexual that first meant a sort of meatball.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:09 PM   #24
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Larry--

My original post was a full 2 and 1/2 *hours* before yours (the one I took umbrage at), so you need not have 'waited longer" to see others' posts! And Sazerac's post has nothing to do with my upset--your own apparentlyjudgemental post. I see you have now edited out portionsof the first post, as is your right, but now it does appear that the sharks are attacking p[oor little you.

Please do not sequester some of us with the tag "you people" as this may be interpreted as we are some sort of deviant crowd--the moral 'us' vs. the Less-than-decent 'them'.

Your post is the sort that Sazerac warned of...and I will not be party to this sort of prejudice

Once again...I am sorry that I cannot do anything right for you. Let me ease your mind that I have let a "gay" man cut my hair before, and I have taken advice on buying a pair of pants from one as well. We used to have a neighbor who was gay, and when his ouse was broke into, and he was crying...my wife and I tried to comfort him and be extra nice to him...giving him some groceries and stuff.
But my response as THE CON to going to nude beaches was that I would not want to be in a public place where a GAY man could look at my body in lust, because that to me is unnatural. I did NOT talk predjudice, like I am being accused of, because the "F" word that rhymes with bag is a common term for a homosexual.

I suppose it is where I live. I am what is considered the south of the U.S., and we are considered country hicks by many of the notherners and westerners. They laugh at how we talk and think we have very strange cultural differences.
The "F" word has never been taught to me to be anything vulgar...only a slang term for a homo.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
I see you have now edited out portionsof the first post, as is your right, but now it does appear that the sharks are attacking poor little you

Poor little me?
I was told to edit that word out, thank you for caring!
I do what my superiors say, and if they tell me to edit a word that is bad...I do so, then I publically mention why I did. Go back and read it at the bottom...I told why I edited it.
Why are you doing this to me?
I have not made a predjudice statement. I told why I would not want to go to a public nude place, and I have not attacked anyone on this forum, unless there is a member that is gay. But I know not of any.

Edited to add one more, clear thought: I am being accused of being predjudice for using a word that is vulgar and offensive to some on this board, but not all...and I should have used a lighter word to mean homosexual...or when men like men...
That word that I used does not prove me to be predjudiced...but I am scared to let a man who likes other men see my exposed body. A woman is not as scared of this, I suppose, but men are terrified of it, as far as I know. I would be very scared to know that there might be a very strong man there on the beach that liked my cute little white butt and want to take advantage of me. That is not being predjudiced, that is being factual. There are men that like other men. If you had a hatred for rapists...would that make you predjudiced to rapists? Only an observation.
Again, I say that the con to goin to the nude beaches are the wierdos that one person may encounter...and may or may not be a safe enviroment.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 02-04-2002, 01:43 PM   #26
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:

Poor little me?
I was told to edit that word out, thank you for caring!
I do what my superiors say, and if they tell me to edit a word that is bad...I do so, then I publically mention why I did. Go back and read it at the bottom...I told why I edited it.
Why are you doing this to me?
I have not made a predjudice statement. I told why I would not want to go to a public nude place, and I have not attacked anyone on this forum, unless there is a member that is gay. But I know not of any.

Edited to add one more, clear thought: I am being accused of being predjudice for using a word that is vulgar and offensive to some on this board, but not all...and I should have used a lighter word to mean homosexual...or when men like men...
That word that I used does not prove me to be predjudiced...but I am scared to let a man who likes other men see my exposed body. A woman is not as scared of this, I suppose, but men are terrified of it, as far as I know. I would be very scared to know that there might be a very strong man there on the beach that liked my cute little white butt and want to take advantage of me. That is not being predjudiced, that is being factual. There are men that like other men. If you had a hatred for rapists...would that make you predjudiced to rapists? Only an observation.
Again, I say that the con to goin to the nude beaches are the wierdos that one person may encounter...and may or may not be a safe enviroment.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Look Larry, being gay doesn't mean that you go around staring at anyone from the same sexjust 'cause you like them..
And you're not terrified of a woman looking at you in lust, or that you sometimes look at women in lust...are you?
But if you don't feel comfortable, then you don't!
Simple as that..
Can't understand why anyone would say otherwise, what I think Garnet did react on was that you assume that if you're naked on a nudist beach, gay men are going to look at you in lust..
And that you express (not rude as far as I'm concerned) you're despise for people that go to these places..
I think she reacted quite naturally..

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 02-04-2002, 01:53 PM   #27
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you, Sir ReGiN, for speaking plainly and clearly to me. That is most appreciated, as you can see that this has gotten outta hand. I did indeed assume that people would enjoy the sights, as I believe if I was on a nude beach...I would have to look...
and if a man was looking my way, I would start screaming!

It would be out of my control not to look at the opposite sex. I just would have to. So...I assumed that somewhere out there, there is more than likely a man that would love to see me naked.
I am glad you pointed out that not all gays are as desirous to fulfill temptations as others.

I am speaking out of fear for my own safety, and I have let that overrule my respect.
I am sorry for that mistake. Please let this matter drop. I am very embarrassed to be a part of this discussion. I clearly made an error in judgement.

I will go back to my little hole now...and probably never post in an open debate again.
There are too many people on here looking to destroy me.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:59 PM   #28
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Thank you, Sir ReGiN, for speaking plainly and clearly to me. That is most appreciated, as you can see that this has gotten outta hand. I did indeed assume that people would enjoy the sights, as I believe if I was on a nude beach...I would have to look...
and if a man was looking my way, I would start screaming!

It would be out of my control not to look at the opposite sex. I just would have to. So...I assumed that somewhere out there, there is more than likely a man that would love to see me naked.
I am glad you pointed out that not all gays are as desirous to fulfill temptations as others.

I am speaking out of fear for my own safety, and I have let that overrule my respect.
I am sorry for that mistake. Please let this matter drop. I am very embarrassed to be a part of this discussion. I clearly made an error in judgement.

I will go back to my little hole now...and probably never post in an open debate again.

Awww Larry..don't be sad [img]smile.gif[/img]
*hugs*
(blech, stop the cuteness Regin! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
*friendly punches Larry's shoulder*
Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, nothing strange about that, as you well know
And like you, most men have some degree of homophobia (sadly) but as long as you don't go pounding every gay person you see, who cares?
As I've said before, if one is not comfortable, then it's not right!
Old 02-04-2002, 02:03 PM   #29
Campino

quote:

Sad to hear that Larry.I think everyone,including you and me,is entitled to his/her opinion.Also everyone is entitled not to agree with that opinion.I must say you responded a little harsh imho,but enough said about that.I really don't think there is someone here who wants to destroy someone else,i for sure don't want to do that,so i hope you reconsider,and continue to debate on many other things.
Please do.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:10 PM   #30
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, this got a bit heated didn't it [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

For what it's worth, I have never been to a nudist beach and have little desire to visit one. Apart from everything else, there are bits of my anatomy that are really not prepared for sunburn

In any event, it's my experience that some beachwear is actually a lot more provocative than outright nudity. Also, in Europe where the general view on partial nudity is perhaps more relaxed, after a while, acres of naked flesh become the norm, not the exception and you just ignore it.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)