Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 07:33 PM   #21
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Allright time to bring out the big guns.
Lowfat cheesecake that kicks ass.
Please read all instructions before making,as I will attempt to give several variations of preperations from the base instructions.
you need these:
1/2 cup graham craker crumbs
16 oz.s fatfree creamcheese (I reccomend philadelphia brand you get what you pay for)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 egg whites or 1/2 cup egg substitue(I have done both I prefere egg whites)
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream(I reccomend light and lively)again you get what you pay for

MIX:cream cheese,sugar,flour and vinilla at med speed.Blend in sour cream.Add egg whites mix untill well blended.Take 9 inch pie plate and lightly spray with pam.Sprinkle the gram cracker crumbs to cover plate.

Pour that stuff in.

BAKE:at 325°F for 40 min.or untill the middle is almost set.

COOL:Refridgerate 3 hours at least.

Top: with pureed strawberries,or canned/fresh blueberries,or canned/fresh cherries.This is more tradtional,I prefer to take some of the fruit and add to the batter before cooking.
More options:
Pumpkin:beat 1/2 cup canned pumpkin,1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.a dash each of ground cloves & nutmeg into the creamcheese.Follow other steps as listed.Top with cool whip light.

Rasberry swirled:Before baking plop several teaspoons of rasberry jam on top,take a knife and cut and slice batter in a circle motion.bake top with fresh rasberrys and perhaps a little whipped cream.

Choclate:Melt several hershey bars into batter,It's chocholate I personally don't think it is possable to do this one wrong no matter how you do it.All hail chocholate.

And my personal favorites:use main mix,add 2-5 shots (experiment with these to taste) of either armiretto,or franglico(sp) it's a hazelnut liquior comes in a bottle shaped like a monk.Again you get what you pay for!

Top with:I love both plain,with canned cherries,or take a hershey bar and shave it over the whole thing.

Disclaimer:I do not use strict recipies,I do everything to taste these are just of the top of my head.If you try any of these take notes so you will find what you like as well.

Gotta love these all that taste all lowfat.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 06-28-2001).]

Old 06-28-2001, 08:06 PM   #22
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
No Oven???
I can't imagine living without an oven, it is my no.1 essential household item (yep, I love to cook).

I'll try to think of some good recipes for you (they will be veggie!!) if I can post tomorrow, as I'm just off to bed.

I have been in somewhat of a haze trying not to think about all the things I used to bake before I came to Texas. My pie tins and cake pans have been so lonely! Loving this new stove though!
Thanks for thinking of me! The more veggies, the better!
I was thinking of treating Rex & Grandpa to my baked ham & scalloped potatoes next week. I serve it with cornbread and green beans cooked with bacon & onion. Some days I wish I could still eat pork...that was one of my favorite meals.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-28-2001).]

Old 06-28-2001, 08:08 PM   #23
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
Allright time to bring out the big guns.
Lowfat cheesecake that kicks ass.

Dude,
You're the freakin' BOMB!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-28-2001, 08:32 PM   #24
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Tell ya what I think You said you do veggie.I knew a guy that did the best mushroom burgers and steaks.I don't recall the kind of mushroom(not these ) but they were "beefy" You really would think that you were eating a burger or steak the way he did them.The damn things were like 4 inches by 4 inches and about an inch thick.I haven't talked to him in quite a while but if i can get in touch I will post the recipie.No promise but if I can do I will.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

Old 06-28-2001, 09:13 PM   #25
Moni

Sageridder,
Yep...You're the freakin' BOMB!
I do love my veggies!

I do eat meat and lots of it...I just don't digest pork well since rupturing my stomach 15 years ago. Man I miss my bacon LOL!

Thank you so much for all the help you have been here! I am going to make one of those lowfat cheesecakes and take it to Rex's parents for all the nice things they do for us. Rex says his mom makes the killer cheesecake but they are too rich for his dad to be able to enjoy. Hopefully, with your help I can turn him on to the scrumptious goodness of cheesecake again. If not, then that's all the more for me heh heh heh

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-28-2001).]

Old 06-28-2001, 11:01 PM   #26
Conan

sageridder; Why have you made me so hungry tonight! You know I have to watch that late night munchy thing! All of you!
Ok, Steak:
First step , buy a real nice pot roast.
Second, you will need a sharp knife here..slowly cut it into 3/4 inch slices.
third, what kind of marinate do you like?..30 min.
forth, chop fresh garlic(4 cloves!),quater of white onion.. and fry at low heat for ten minutes per side... flipping 180 degrees on time!
You must cover the first half of this process. To really "feel your intensity" watch it every second...Here's where the red wine comes in..And you are lowering your cholesterol big time here also!
Then,once the house absorbs the all the great smell you will know how your guests like their steak done..I like A-1 sauce served cold and I would expect you to be a member of the "Clean plate club" when visiting..
Now lets talk about your sides....well mybe another time. Love you guys!..(Moni, I dont want encourage a feeding frenzy there, but this is good!)

------------------
Conan

Old 06-28-2001, 11:29 PM   #27
Moni

Conan,
As an honorable member of "the clean plate club" let me say that as hard a time as I have making anything out of a pot roast besides a pot roast (or chimichangas with the leftovers!), your post certainly makes me want to give that a try! I have my favorite butcher knife sharpened and readied at all times.
Personally, I say, kill the cow, slice it up, cook some chunks up medium-well and slap 'em on my plate...anything on it takes away from the sheer ecstasy of the taste of good beef! But, Rex and Grandpa both like marinades and sauces and that certainly appears to be a way to sate them both. Hell it even looks good to me!
I love this thread! I love good food!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-29-2001).]

Old 07-02-2001, 06:49 PM   #28
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Bumping cos I have the munchies.

------------------

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 07-02-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 05:00 PM   #29
Moni

Bumping for the love of food and to tell you all that I am making ham & scalloped potatoes for the first time in roughly fifteen years!
(I quit making anything with pork in it after my accident)

So the menu is:
Ham & Scalloped Potatoes
Green Beans with Bacon & Onion
Corn Bread

A pork lover's dream, I can still taste this dinner combo even though I haven't made it or eaten it since 1986.
I guess I'll be eating a salad tonight or something microwavable out of the freezer, but I think Rex and Grandpa ought to be pleasantly suprised.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-15-2001, 05:04 PM   #30
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I would have said Children if i'd saw this to begin with

------------------