Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 03:56 AM   #131
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Was it really that long ago - damn, short term memory loss again. Just checked the website - November 1999 - damn, was ALMOST last year . Better take a Bex and ave a little lie down after that excitement . I see Matt the Bat is having a good knock against the Kiwi's.

I have just spent all of yesterday downloading a 142 MB game demo, then 6 MB of graphics drivers, and 8 MB of DirectX8a to get the thing to run. Success at last, so I am going to give it a good test run this weekend . It's that Wizardry 8 game - the bottom forum before the War on Terrorism. I would wish you a good weekend, but with a three day week, you are probably well into your weekend already . Win awards!!

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:34 PM   #132
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yes, something you'll discover when you know me better, is that I'm always right It's not something I like to broadcast, you know, not for gloating about, just a skill I have

We got a new game the other day - F1 2001, it's cool cause we've got a steering wheel and pedals so it's like you're really driving in your formula 1 car. Good old bro, at least he's good for something. I'm really bad at it, but, even when I know when the curves are coming up, I either go through at about 20km/h or I spin out.

Hehe, yeah, my weekend starts on Thursday . Actually I don't really have a weekend anymore, lectures finished this week. Just a bit over two weeks and I'm off until March Don't hate me because I'm a layabout

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink
Old 11-03-2001, 06:35 AM   #133
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Yes, something you'll discover when you know me better, is that I'm always right It's not something I like to broadcast, you know, not for gloating about, just a skill I have .

We got a new game the other day - F1 2001, it's cool cause we've got a steering wheel and pedals so it's like you're really driving in your formula 1 car. Good old bro, at least he's good for something. I'm really bad at it, but, even when I know when the curves are coming up, I either go through at about 20km/h or I spin out.

Hehe, yeah, my weekend starts on Thursday . Actually I don't really have a weekend anymore, lectures finished this week. Just a bit over two weeks and I'm off until March Don't hate me because I'm a layabout

Gee, why would you think I would hate you for your weekends - Sure I envy them , I am not a hate type person anyway.

LOL, always right huh, well let me say that when I was yo...., um I mean your age , I used to have the firm belief that I was always right too. Don't worry, itgoes away with time :cool: .

F1 2001 - I watch the formula one, but can't say I have ever been all that into the racing sims and games. I do have a friend in Adelaide who is into them in a big way (international racing group). He also has a website where he is putting together the program layout so that they can race on the old Adelaide GP circuit.

I better go and catch up on the sports news and find out how the Bat got in the match against our sheep loving cousins from across the Tasman.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:23 PM   #134
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Gee, not a hate person, or a serial killer! Maybe I will go to the wedding...

Silly old Bat, obviously thinks now Slater's gone he has to be the foolish one to get out just before his century Hey the Warriors won yesterday! Of course, when they say on the news that they 'pulled of a surprising victory' it probably doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Punter shines again, though he better not fail me again in fantasy cricket like he did in India *groans*.

Yeah I don't play racing games too often, and it's a hassle getting out the steering wheel. I really need something new to play though; there's only so many games of solitaire you can play before it gets tedious. We were looking at a new building-type game review yesterday - Stronghold. It looked pretty fun. Plus NWN should be coming out soon.
Old 11-03-2001, 05:38 PM   #135
Davros
Takhisis Follower

If you're waiting for NWN, then can I suggest Wizardry 8. I am having a great time playing the demo, and this baby should be arriving in stores sometime by the end of November. It is 1st person, with turn based combat. Quite similar to Wizards and Warriors by the looks.

Yeah, saw the report, the Bat only got 97 - there goes the average LOL. and yes, the Warriors pulled off a vicory - over here they will see that as their due, not a surprise. We only have one paper, and while every one else is tipping the West Coast as wooden spooners next year, they are saying that the travel schedule will hamper eagle chances in the play-offs. Some things never change .

Had a fine game of golf yesterday and neaaarrllyyy won the medal (sigh). Took a tip from the tiger to try and get more distance - it sure worked as I won the long drive by a huge margin, but now the muscles in my back are going to make me pay. I guess they need to be conditioned to this move a bit more .

Do you have an exam schedule yet - keep up that swotting
Old 11-04-2001, 04:31 PM   #136
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Distance is worthless if you haven't got the short game. Forget Tiger, it's Parry you need to be emulating

Exam schedule - you'd think with only three exams they'd likely be evenly spaced, but I've got one on the first Friday, then two on the next Monday. Grrr. Okay, let me have it - you had so many exams you had one every day, sometimes one in each session. In fact, one year they had to make a new session at 8pm just to accomodate all the exams you had to do. Right ?
Old 11-04-2001, 05:11 PM   #137
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Distance is worthless if you haven't got the short game. Forget Tiger, it's Parry you need to be emulating

Exam schedule - you'd think with only three exams they'd likely be evenly spaced, but I've got one on the first Friday, then two on the next Monday. Grrr. Okay, let me have it - you had so many exams you had one every day, sometimes one in each session. In fact, one year they had to make a new session at 8pm just to accomodate all the exams you had to do. Right ?

Hahahahahah - yes, short game is important. Funny you should mention Craig Parry, he should be back at my club shortly. He comes to Mandurah before the QAustralian season to practice for 1-2 weeks. His old man, Tom Parry, is a member of the club/ He is always turning up with a new driver or set of irons that the club manufacturers give Craig to try out.

LOL, what do you mean a NEW time slot. Obviously you are not aware of the 7:30 exam sessions. I still ave nightmares about 3rd year Thermo exam (shudder). I like how you would have 8 exams in 3 weeks, but they could still cram that into the first 2 weeks . Oh well, just reminiscing .
Old 11-05-2001, 04:47 PM   #138
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
You shameless name-dropper you. Just trying to make me jealous that you can see Parry in the flesh

Uhoh, you mean that 7:30pm timeslot is real? My friend who does civil was telling me abot a late exam and I didn't believe him. Well he does have a tendency to exaggerate. Oops. You know they only have two weeks for exams now. They tried to shorten swat vac too, but the union stopped it. Knew those exhorbitant fees I pay were good for something So now they have exams in stupid buildings like Parnell and Steele to fit them all in. And I never get to be in Mayne Hall I've had an exam there twice in three years!

Any hot tips for the race that stops a nation?
Old 11-05-2001, 05:08 PM   #139
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
You shameless name-dropper you. Just trying to make me jealous that you can see Parry in the flesh

Uhoh, you mean that 7:30pm timeslot is real? My friend who does civil was telling me abot a late exam and I didn't believe him. Well he does have a tendency to exaggerate. Oops. You know they only have two weeks for exams now. They tried to shorten swat vac too, but the union stopped it. Knew those exhorbitant fees I pay were good for something So now they have exams in stupid buildings like Parnell and Steele to fit them all in. And I never get to be in Mayne Hall I've had an exam there twice in three years!

Any hot tips for the race that stops a nation?

Shameless name dropper aren't I . The other famous golfer from my club is Jarrod Mosely - he used to play around Mandurah on a +4 handicap before turning pro.

Now have exams in Parnell and Steele - Davros guffaws with laughter - what do you mean now they have exams there. Where do you think that horrid 3rd year 7:30 pm Thermo exam I told you about was held - Parnell will forever haunt me. In fact, exam time is the only reason we used to have for venturing over to "the other side" of the campus - well, that, and the fact that the squash courts were over there .

I'm ot a huge fan or follower of the geegees, so I don't even know whose running. I will probably see my first form guide when I find out what horse I have drawn in the sweep, and look to see if he is good or a total loser.

Happy Cups Day Aelia [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2001, 04:02 PM   #140
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Mosely... that IS a big name Next thing you'll be saying you've met Parsons, or O'Hern [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My horsey came third! If only I'd had money on it... well it was probably a bit late, I picked him about two minutes before the race. He was one of the older ones, but then I thought, well Davros is still going strong, and we know how old he is...

Viduka has touched down, I was just watching the news and he is in the country! World cup here we come!!