Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2002, 04:47 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

sorry for making these "anybody seen", "anybody played" posts that don`t concern these games whatsoever but this movie.. if you see it, you want others to see it too because it is soo intresting.
Requiem: For A Dream is a movie about 4 people that get addicted to drugs and their situation gets more and more bad. Director: Darrel Arnoldofski(wrote that wrong), Starring: Jared Leto(American Psycho, My So Called Life), Marlon Wayans(Scary Movie), that woman in A Beatiful Mind(that person, who won an oscar) and an old lady who`s name i don`t know whatsoever(though she`s the most professional actor i`ve ever seen). i`m not a movie geek but i know enough info about this movie.
i don`t know about you guys in holland(netherlands), England, Germany, France, America or whereever but here in Estonia, i think less than 5% people have seen it because it contains drugs, sex scenes and is by far the scariest movie i`ve ever seen. this movie`s operator did an excellent job, the soundtrack was the best soundtrack i`ve ever seen in a movie, the directors job was very good and the old lady in this movie has done such good, effective(and scary) acting. if the hollywood oscar guys wouldn`t care about all the too-creepy-movie crap, i wonder.. how many oscars would this movie get?

P.S.- once you see the movie, you will certanly not want to be home all alone.. with your refrigerator(watch the movie, and you`ll understand)
P.S.P.S.- NOT recommended for people that get pissed off quickly(can`t remember the word)
P.S.P.S.P.S.- i just want to say this movie is PERFECT!
Old 04-01-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Weeeee have a winner.... We have a winner...... Weeeee have a winner....

LOL, I really enjoyed this movie as well - the way they build it up, the way everything is going really well, then, all of a sudden, everything turns to custard! - three thumbs up in my book
Old 04-02-2002, 04:58 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

thanks for posting, downunda, though i expected some more replies after waiting a whole day [img]smile.gif[/img]
before, i never knew thata movie can be this good!
Old 04-04-2002, 01:48 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

grr, i hoped there would be more posts. damn, this movie should of been more popular because it is made by proffesionals! ahh, ok, it`s not that important(the movie IS but the situation isn`t) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #5
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

sounds like one of those movies hollywood likes to put out that are supposed to make people think.you know,the movies that show the darker side of life.i hate them.
they come in three varieties.the first is the gee aren't white people bad movies and the second is everyone is a junky,and the last is that half the planet is gay and the other half wants to kill them.here are three examples:
apt pupil
the basketball diaries
boys don't cry

[ 04-04-2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: khazadman ]
Old 04-04-2002, 03:53 PM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
sounds like one of those movies hollywood likes to put out that are supposed to make people think.you know,the movies that show the darker side of life.i hate them.
they come in three varieties.the first is the gee aren't white people bad movies and the second is everyone is a junky,and the last is that half the planet is gay and the other half wants to kill them.here are three examples:
apt pupil
the basketball diaries
boys don't cry
hmm, requiem: for a dream is a part of your second variety. but whats bad with a movie where everybody is a junky. plus, i don`t only like this movie because the depressing/scary story, i also like it because it is proffesionally made and it has pretty famous actors.