Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 10:34 AM   #51
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

If I remember correclty, in order to hit a char with absolute Immunity you need at least +6 weapon and those are not available until ToB. Thsi barbarian will have trouble with invisible foes.
Old 06-04-2001, 11:12 AM   #52
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Your forgetting the darts of +6 you can make once a day with the cloak of stars....

Anyone, this seems the most pointless topic ever, why don't you all create a multiplayer environment and start duelling with your characters (PS: removing exp caps is sad...)
Old 06-04-2001, 11:15 AM   #53
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Your forgetting the darts of +6 you can make once a day with the cloak of stars....

Anyone, this seems the most pointless topic ever, why don't you all create a multiplayer environment and start duelling with your characters (PS: removing exp caps is sad...)
Old 06-04-2001, 11:27 AM   #54
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:

They're +5 darts, not +6. And Absolute Immunity will protect from all weapons of less than +5 enchantment for 4 rounds. The only weapons that are +5 enchantment in the game (excluding spell weapons like Black Blade of Disaster) are the Cloak of Stars, Crom Faeyr (+5 to hit) and Staff of the Magi. Oh, and the Unholy Reaver, but you can't use it anyway.

This argument will be forever circular as it is based on OPINION, not FACT.

------------------
Old 06-04-2001, 01:14 PM   #55
Artemis
Dungeon Master

yes, all these scenarios are somewhat circular. i don't think any one character could ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS smoke ALL OTHER CLASSES. not how this game is set up. too many variables, tactics, and scenarios to play out. BUT...it sure would be fun to have all these people step up, throw down, and square off in some multi-player dueling environments. i, for one, would love to watch
Old 06-04-2001, 02:13 PM   #56
ShadowUK

We'll have to arrange it Artemis, we could start taking bets

I'll be the bookie....... At the moment it stands 3:1 on Kevin the Kensi

------------------
Old 06-04-2001, 02:23 PM   #57
madmartigan
The Magister

Get one thing straight! Let's do this online see who win eheh! NO cheated characters please! ANd second 50% resit to all the kensai attacks hmm I wonder who will win a 200+ hp kensai or a beserkered 300+ hp barbarian who has alot more def then the kensai and still does humongous dmg with 24 str compared to the kensai who uses kai ability! still he only does half-dmg I really want to prove this cause i tested my lvl 40 barb agaisnt all melee classes and he won by a LONG SHOT so make a time we can have a little fun dueling! and I am not trying to brag shsh
Old 06-04-2001, 03:17 PM   #58
ShadowUK

It was only a joke madmartigan with the 3:1 kensi bit . You carn't possibly say for sure who would win because it depends on so many differen't things.........
It's all just personal opinion.

------------------
Old 06-05-2001, 12:45 AM   #59
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Yeah chill man. Where does the 50% resistance to Kensai damage come from btw? I'm interested.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-05-2001, 12:51 AM   #60
madmartigan
The Magister

arg I aint mad at all! Lol! anyway barbarians Get natural resistance starting at 10% vrs slashing dmg, piercing, bludgening ect... by level 40 it gets to around 50% so basically you'll be taking half melee dmg from anything! and there is also a magical damage resitance (50% so that gets' hafled again after a save) it's really quite rediculous! On top of all that you have beserk! fastest moving character in the game (+2 bonus) And a ton more, wich i have all explained throughout this warped POST! SO all those resistances add in MR (from eq) ect.. and yer basically immune to anything! (+300 hp)