Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2003, 07:50 PM   #1
BullD
Welcomed New User

I know this should be fairly easy but I need help. I have collected all of the items to place in the pipes, but I can not figure out how to actually place them. Dumb question I know, but I need help.

Thanks
BullD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #2
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
The first time you click on the pipes, you'll get the little riddles popping up. If you click on the pipe a second time, you will place the item there.

*Note that if you place the items in the wrong order, you will be punished and have to try again.

--Also, if you leave the room for awhile (or maybe just wait long enough) after reading the riddles, the next time you click the pipes, the riddles will appear again, and you have to click a second time to place an object.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
IronDragon
Elminster

The old man who gave you the initial clues about the items you need to collect will also provide some clues on how to place them in the proper order.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:14 PM   #4
BullD
Welcomed New User

Thanks Olorin, but the problem still occurs. My main character has all 4 items on him. When I click the first pipe, on the left hand side, it displays the riddle. I know the order in which to give the items. Then I click on the same pipe again, because the item I need to give is still in inventory only to be hit by the lighting. Is this an error or something. Usually, you only need to click once and the item is given correct?

Getting frustrated but I appreciate all of the help
Old 09-12-2003, 11:27 PM   #5
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by BullD:
Thanks Olorin, but the problem still occurs. My main character has all 4 items on him. When I click the first pipe, on the left hand side, it displays the riddle. I know the order in which to give the items. Then I click on the same pipe again, because the item I need to give is still in inventory only to be hit by the lighting. Is this an error or something. Usually, you only need to click once and the item is given correct?

Getting frustrated but I appreciate all of the help
I assume you've already clicked on each pipe before you gathered the four items right?
If so, just click the pipe in correct order ONCE. only once, and don't check your inventory to see whether those items are still there; it doesn't matter. As long as you click on the pipe, it means that the item is in that pipe, if you click the same pipe again, it'll take it that you do it in the wrong order. so, just ONCE...if you're sure that the order is correct, and still have problem, it might be a bug.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:50 AM   #6
BullD
Welcomed New User

teardropmina thanks I got it. I feel like a moron. It was so easy. Thanks to all.