Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 07:22 PM   #11
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lilarcor:
YES! And though some might start going off Darwin's theory, that was only made up because Darwin noted 2 similar turtles on 2 near islands in the pacific and came to the conclusion that they have similar ancestors.
It was more complated then that. He drew upon his life as an animal breeder and the work of a man called Hutton who have arrived at the two key ideals of Darwin's theory 60 years eariler to reach the ideal that natural selection and radom mutation helped life become what we know today.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:25 PM   #12
whacky
Emerald Dragon

You really want to believe people who come up with theories that are eroded by the passage of time, overthrown, rejected, revamped or even forgotton, nah i dont think you do. Im much better off believing in God, you should never underestimate the power of faith [img]smile.gif[/img] And you know to make God God he would have to be something a lot more special than us, people just cant say that he doesnt exist mathmatically, surely he is not included in the bounds he made for us, and do we even know what is his manifestation ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 07:31 PM   #13
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
do we even know what is his manifestation ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Eh?
Old 11-09-2002, 07:38 PM   #14
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
You really want to believe people who come up with theories that are eroded by the passage of time, overthrown, rejected, revamped or even forgotton, nah i dont think you do.
Whacky I a lot of people you just describe religion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Im much better off believing in God, you should never underestimate the power of faith [img]smile.gif[/img] And you know to make God God he would have to be something a lot more special than us, people just cant say that he doesnt exist mathmatically, surely he is not included in the bounds he made for us, and do we even know what is his manifestation ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes I can say he doesn't exist I just did and so did a few billion others who either have no or have another faith.

Why is it we never have discussion about the existance of Budda, Allah or other beliefs.

Does Ganesa exist?

[ 11-09-2002, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Gabriel ]
Old 11-09-2002, 07:48 PM   #15
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

[quote]Originally posted by Gabriel:
[QB]
Quote:
Why is it we never have discussion about the existance of Budda, Allah or other beliefs.
[QB]
Well because Christanity is the largest and most contraversial religion. Also those "supreme beings" are all stemmed from the manefestations of gods teachings. Does it matter what name God goes by, be it Allah or God (ok it matters if it is Satan)? In the end it is all God. I dont know the story behind Budda, He was a manefestation but I suppose the Buddists prefer to worship him more then God. They say Buddism is a way of life and not a religion, but is not all religion just a way of life?
Old 11-09-2002, 07:56 PM   #16
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Well because Christanity is the largest and most contraversial religion. Also those "supreme beings" are all stemmed from the manefestations of gods teachings. Does it matter what name God goes by, be it Allah or God (ok it matters if it is Satan)? In the end it is all God. I dont know the story behind Budda, He was a manefestation but I suppose the Buddists prefer to worship him more then God. They say Buddism is a way of life and not a religion, but is not all religion just a way of life?
Really? They all come from your gods teachings even the ones older then the jewish ,and it desended, faiths? Only the Cristain and Mulsim god comes form that source.

Oh just so you know Budda is not a god his is.. well they are people who have for a lack of better word become enlightend and go beyond the pervoius mortal coils. They are not worshiped therefore not a real religion.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:36 PM   #17
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Well here is a list of times and names of God's manifestations;
5000 BC Unknown (I dont know about this one but thats what I have in front of me)
2000 BC Krishna (Started the Muslim religion I think, but I have a very bad memory of these things I was taught a while ago)
1330 BC Moses (I'll give you a guess what he started [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
1000 BC Zoroaster (Little known Faith compared to many others called Zoroasterism from one of those middle eastern religions, not around much anymore)
560 BC Buddha (Started Buddism)
1 AD Christ (Christianity origionaly then that split into a rediculus number of sects that all seem to hate each other but claim to be the one true religion and maintain that Christ hasnt returned yet)
622 AD Mohammad (I cant believe I cant remember this one, Muslim Faith I think or maby Hinduism)
1844 AD The Bab (Was the first Manifestation of my Faith and kind of cleared the way for the next one)
1853 AD Baha'u'llah (Started my Faith the Baha'i Faith, for some reason many havent heard of it even though it is one of the largest and fastest growing religions in the world)

And just because we dont call Buddism a religion doesnt mean God and Buddha didnt intend it to be. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 08:54 PM   #18
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Well here is a list of times and names of God's manifestations;
5000 BC Unknown (I dont know about this one but thats what I have in front of me)
2000 BC Krishna (Started the Muslim religion I think, but I have a very bad memory of these things I was taught a while ago)
1330 BC Moses (I'll give you a guess what he started [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
1000 BC Zoroaster (Little known Faith compared to many others called Zoroasterism from one of those middle eastern religions, not around much anymore)
560 BC Buddha (Started Buddism)
1 AD Christ (Christianity origionaly then that split into a rediculus number of sects that all seem to hate each other but claim to be the one true religion and maintain that Christ hasnt returned yet)
622 AD Mohammad (I cant believe I cant remember this one, Muslim Faith I think or maby Hinduism)
1844 AD The Bab (Was the first Manifestation of my Faith and kind of cleared the way for the next one)
1853 AD Baha'u'llah (Started my Faith the Baha'i Faith, for some reason many havent heard of it even though it is one of the largest and fastest growing religions in the world)

And just because we dont call Buddism a religion doesnt mean God and Buddha didnt intend it to be. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Krishna is one of many others Hindu gods.

Moses is a profit of Allah and one of the first spoken to the jewish god.
5000 BC Well, Egypt and many many others.

Oh and Buddha is not a god and was never a god, he was a Mortal HUMAN like all humans!

As for the last to two faiths you mentioned never heard of them, any on-line info or such I can get?

Oh just one question how can one god be a manifistaion of another?
Surly one god can not make or be another who beliefs and teachings are different to orginal?
To say that one God created the other can (and is in some) be consider a insult to other religions.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:58 PM   #19
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I am GOD. Obey me. I do want not ONE OUNCE of beer wasted DO YOU HERE ME!!!!!!

[ 11-09-2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Lord of Alcohol ]
Old 11-09-2002, 09:03 PM   #20
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I am GOD. Obey me. I do not ONE OUNCE of beer wasted DO YOU HERE ME!!!!!!
All hail Lord of Alcohol God Of Beers, Master of the Brew, Ruler of Femeted Yeast.