Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 06:33 PM   #1
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Is it just me who has a problem with people coming up with mathematical *theories* on how the universe was created and the human race came to be (But not actually being able to prove it in practice) and then saying "God cant exist because to have created the entire universe He (Read: A supreme being of mind-boggling knowledge and power ) would have had to do something that *we* cant do so therefore he cant exist!" Yes that’s right, people are coming up with theories and creating things that previously didn’t exist like an 11th DIMENSION(!) to explain things they cant possibly prove wrong with any form of non-confusing maths jargon that actually makes sense!

Anyway, what do you think about all this? (If it actually made sense...)
Old 11-09-2002, 06:38 PM   #2
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Well, if you think of god scientifically and evolution, We as humans acended from bacteria, to monkies, aped/chimps, to finally what we are today. If you take that further, then being a god or being with god is the next step in the evolution chain. Because if god can't exist because he can do something we can't, then we can't exist because we can do something a bacterium can't.

And considering math is made up by evil little greeks who only discovered it for their own purposes, I doubt that math has to do with god.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:45 PM   #3
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I think it would be very interesting if it made sense... Mind you extra dimesions have been used to explain a lot, like the odd actions of light and the rest of the electro-magnatic waves.
Mind you if want to use math to disprove god it can be done by simple adding and subtraction.
I love to of been alive on the 22nd of October 4004BC by the way. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 06:50 PM   #4
The Lilarcor
Elminster

How, theres no proof that he does or doesn't exist. And yes, I would love to live there because all those mathematicians kept their stuff pretyt much a secret to the general populice! I wouldn't be tortured by it anymore!
Old 11-09-2002, 06:53 PM   #5
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lilarcor:
Well, if you think of god scientifically and evolution, We as humans acended from bacteria, to monkies, aped/chimps, to finally what we are today. If you take that further, then being a god or being with god is the next step in the evolution chain. Because if god can't exist because he can do something we can't, then we can't exist because we can do something a bacterium can't.

And considering math is made up by evil little greeks who only discovered it for their own purposes, I doubt that math has to do with god.
LOL, well people say God cant exist because "we all evolved from bacteria and therefore God cant have created us" how much intelligent and religious thought did they put into that?! Do they think God is too dumb to plan for our evolutionary pattern to go like that?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
I think it would be very interesting if it made sense... Mind you extra dimesions have been used to explain a lot, like the odd actions of light and the rest of the electro-magnatic waves.
Mind you if want to use math to disprove god it can be done by simple adding and subtraction.
I love to of been alive on the 22nd of October 4004BC by the way. [img]smile.gif[/img]
One of the Manifestations of God (E.g. Moses, Jesus) once said that this is not the only relm of man or something like that. Therefore it is entirely possible that other dimensions exist under the same (and only) God!
Er... why alive in 4004BC? Oh no... not the whole "Birth of humanity thing is it?" You know the Adam and Eave story is only a metaphor don’t you?
Old 11-09-2002, 07:02 PM   #6
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

At a party a friend and me got into a MASSIVE discussion about God and countless other things, and you know what... neither of us actually got anywhere! We just kept on going around in circles! Because to prove if He exists you have to understand God and to understand Him is impossible for our small human minds to comprehend, and even if we could; if we understood him we would become like him (gods). Therefore, like Lilarcor said, it is impossible to prove either of the beliefs.
*Takes deep breath*
Old 11-09-2002, 07:03 PM   #7
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Oh, 4004 BC.. i thought it was 404 BC...
But Adam and Eve could have existed back then and live as long as they did, for although there were the same diseases around, all were dormant but if they had around 50 kids, each marrying another and having another 50 kids, you'd get a lot of humans sooner or later.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:05 PM   #8
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
One of the Manifestations of God (E.g. Moses, Jesus) once said that this is not the only relm of man or something like that. Therefore it is entirely possible that other dimensions exist under the same (and only) God!
Er... why alive in 4004BC? Oh no... not the whole "Birth of humanity thing is it?" You know the Adam and Eave story is only a metaphor don’t you?
I think you mean so called messagers of the Jewish and its desended faiths. Frankly I can't help but see some grain of truth in the ancient paythons.
As for the "Birth of humanity thing", If you mean that once the dates of the bible are added up and set down, the time that the aforemetioned god greated the world was the 23th of October 4004BC and that the world and everything if in far older then that, then yes you are right it is the "Birth of humanity thing".
Old 11-09-2002, 07:06 PM   #9
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Quote:
At a party a friend and me got into a MASSIVE discussion about God and countless other things, and you know what... neither of us actually got anywhere! We just kept on going around in circles! Because to prove if He exists you have to understand God and to understand Him is impossible for our small human minds to comprehend, and even if we could; if we understood him we would become like him (gods). Therefore, like Lilarcor said, it is impossible to prove either of the beliefs.
*Takes deep breath*
YES! And though some might start going off Darwin's theory, that was only made up because Darwin noted 2 similar turtles on 2 near islands in the pacific and came to the conclusion that they have similar ancestors.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:14 PM   #10
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lilarcor:
quote:
*Takes deep breath*
YES! And though some might start going off Darwin's theory, that was only made up because Darwin noted 2 similar turtles on 2 near islands in the pacific and came to the conclusion that they have similar ancestors.[/QUOTE]Er... I dont know this theory you talk of but I suppose thats what im pointing at. No insult intended but I see that you're from Utah and as far as I understand it that it is full of Mormons (and free of coffee from what I have herd *shudder*) are you a Mormon? (just curious)