Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Is their anyway to get to the different towns and cities without using a boat or teleport or that rider thing and other then walking? If not, is their any way to speed up walking?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
booklord
Dungeon Master

If I recall in one game I created a constant ring of levitation with the soul of a Golden Saint and an exquisite ring. I could get to where I wanted pretty fast using that plus the arial views were cool.

In another game I got the boots of blinding speed and enough magic resist armor so I could see again. It too made things much faster as well.
booklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

There's a pair of Boots of Blinding Speed somewhere in the game, and you can also teleport from the various Mage Guilds.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:26 AM   #4
Oruboris

There's a multi-mark mod that allows many spots to be marked and re-called: priceless, shoulda been part of the game in the first place.

The game would be unplayable for me without the boots o' blinding: I always play bretons, so the visual effect isn't that bad, and +200 to speed is SOOO worth it.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I always use the wizard staff for long distances over mountains and water, but if i really wanna go somewhere fast, i run and jump without stopping for anything in my path. I'll deal with whatever's chasing me once i get where i wanna be.

Especially on Solstheim i use levitation a lot. If you thought the Cliffracers in Vvardenfell were annoying, just wait until you get there. You'll be fighting hundreds and hundreds of wild pigs, wolves, bears, Ricklings, and berserkers. Going from point A to B is becoming a real drag. The fights aren't that tough, but it's the amount of agressive creatures you have to deal with that's starting to irritate me. That's why i levitate while in Solstheim, there aren't any Cliffracers there, so it's all nice and quiet.

And of course the "Mark" and "Recall" spells are important overthere.