Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 05:20 PM   #61
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril:
I wouldnt say we run a VERY tight forum but we dont condone spamming if i catch anyone spamming or flaming over there ill kick there ass. (Im not saying anyone here would so dont get the wrong idea here)

I have to agree. If anything there are several boards there that are extremely free. But if someone decides to start spamming or getting out of line at one of the boards where I mod at MH, they had better stop after the first warning...

------------------
"Beware fool that you put too much stock in the power of the spoken word, lest the unspoken one trample you from behind."
Kormar
Old 07-13-2001, 05:25 PM   #62
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by John Citizen:
Why is Mithrill Hall being discussed in here? You can't talk about anything there. I needed some advice about how to help my friend and I was told I couldn't talk about it and my post was deleted. They liken complaining about things that are legal to pirate jenni or whoever. How do you make society better if you can't complain about things that are legal?

Mobile phones cause cancer. Oops someone might get upset because they use a phone all the time and get worried. Capitalism is failing. Oops someone might get upset because they are a stockbroker. Smoking causes lung cancer. Uh oh. What if a smoker reads this? Boxing should be banned. The speed limit should be lower, it should be illegal to have a child without getting a parenting license and education. Oh and maybe we should talk about abortion because when people do it without being aware of all the issues they get really upset. Oops. If this were the Mithrill Hall this would get deleted and I'd get a nice little message saying I can't talk about this because people get hurt and leave. Well I got hurt and left. Wheres the free speech? I hate that board please don't talk about it in here as it upsets people like me.

Just passing through looking for somewhere I can talk about stuff. People will probably hate me because Im slagging it but i dont care.

Send me a mail with what your question was about. If I can help you I will. Also, I didn't hear anything about this, so let me know where it was posted on the forum and maybe I can tell you why it was deleted. Also, what is your user name there?

------------------
"Beware fool that you put too much stock in the power of the spoken word, lest the unspoken one trample you from behind."
Kormar
Old 07-13-2001, 05:40 PM   #63
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I enjoy Mithril Hall! I lurk there quite often and have actually posted a couple of times

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-13-2001, 06:06 PM   #64
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

Look John, I already explained why abortion was not to be discussed
if you are going to be a selfish a** and disreagard that fact it hurt peoples feeling then fine , walk your butt out the door and please do not come back
if you are so infantile that you can't comprehend that such a topic could be very painful for some viewers and can't respect that we ask for it not to be discussed than don't come back.
It had nothing to do w/Cyndy, it has to do w/being sensitive to peoples feelings.
Maybe if you could grow and and think, you would realize that
but its bloody immature to come to this forum and say nasty things about another forum.
And Ziroc sorry about this, I have explained to this guy our reasoning in not posting about a certain subject and he had a cow.
My forum is very open minded and we dicuss alot there, there a just a few topics that are not allowed.
If you really need to dicuss abortion John I am sure you can find a pro life forum somewhere.

Old 07-13-2001, 08:25 PM   #65
Anubis
Dungeon Master

Yawns at John's inaccurate post

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Old 07-13-2001, 08:30 PM   #66
Waluin

M1thr1L H411 0wnZ j00!
Old 07-13-2001, 10:35 PM   #67
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

I hadn't realized that the aforementioned topic was the abortion thread. I have to agree with Lady Nightshade. That is far too volatile a topic to try to casually bring up. It is going to lead to nothing but an argument, and if I remember correctly, an explanation was given as to why the thread was closed. Anyways, whybring it up here? This is a different forum. If you have questions about why something happened at MH why not bring it there?

------------------
Kormar
Old 07-14-2001, 01:25 AM   #68
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
well i had the same prob that is if someone would give a damn anyway.

O'course we do! Cheer up

I didn't have a problem signing up, and I like the forum quite a bit... IW is always home for me though

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 07-14-2001, 01:43 AM   #69
John Citizen
Welcomed New User

For those that didn't read my deleted post. Which would be everyone except Melanie or someone. My best friend was seperated from his wife and she aborted their child. He was distraught and she also later regretted the decision. I asked anyone on the board if they had any idea of how I could help him. I wasn't saying abortion was right or wrong, just asking for some help. If we can't talk about stuff what are we here for? And Lady Nitshade if you wanna kick me when I'm down go ahead. To the person who asked me why bring it up here I say that I can't bring it up there. If a post has the word abortion in it it will get deleted. And to the person who yawned or whatever at my innacurat post. How would you know. You couldnt have read the private message I got sent and you couldnt have read my deleted post.

Anyway nobody answered the question of how do we improve society if we can't condemn things that are legal. everyone tells me about how the forum has rules and isnt public. I know that thats why I dont go there anymore. And Lady Nitshade why would I go to a prolife forum. No-one there would have had an abortion would they? I needed some advice from real people not a lesture on how its wrong. If people talked about it they could make an educated decision rather than regretting an ignorant decision later.

------------------
Hello I'm John. How are you?
Old 07-14-2001, 01:53 AM   #70
Moni

John,
Check near the bottom of page 6 for a thread titled "A Serious Thread On Depression" I think you can find some useful links there if you still need help for your friend and his situation

Welcome To Ironworks.

Moni

------------------