Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 04:05 AM   #1
Fitz23
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok fellas (and felles's) a couple of questions.

1/ is there anywhere in underdark or the drow city where I can resurect dead, or purchase or rod of res or anything, please.

2/ I know part of the crom fayr is in underdark somewhere but I can't find it.

3/ what are the three little portals for, a load of monsters run out of them and that appears to be about it do they do anything else?

cheers all

"Into hell we travel, grinning broadly and laughing madly, accepting with gratitude the road of pain and doom fate has laid before us"
Old 03-19-2001, 04:09 AM   #2
dafan

Spolier
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
k you will have to talk to some men in the south and they mention a sorcer who have been searching for something... you have to buy a spell of freedom or something like that and cast it... then walk around the place and you will find this sorcer he will ask you to help him and you do then you will have to beet one greater of each elemental then you will have your reward

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-19-2001, 04:45 AM   #3
Fitz23
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is that for the crom fayr?
Old 03-19-2001, 05:50 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Dafan, try to be a little more precise in your answers.
SPOILERS AHEAD
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
1. Do you have any clerics or druids in your game? They can resurrect, or rather raise, dead. If you're already in the Drow city, there is probably a priest somewhere who'll do it...sorry for my dusty memory
2. Yes, the girdle of Frost Giant Strength is in the Kuotoan dungeon, there are some other posts about that on the Forum. Don't want to spoil you too much, it has to do with the Altar you find there...
3.If you'd listened to the Duergar merchants (or maybe you haven't sppoken to them, they're in the bottom middle of the map), you'd know that there was a wizard imprisoned in this area somewhere. Fortunately, what a coincidence, the duergar sell freedom scrolls... so what you're going to do???? Cast freedom, walk around a bit and find the mage. Talk to him and take it from there.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 06:08 AM   #5
dafan

Sorry melusine but my lesson started so I didn't got the time to finish it... I'll do better next time

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-19-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
Fitz23
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I do have a druid but he's dead and I made the mistake of saving it thinking it wouldn't be long before I get back to the main city, huh. Its making life very difficult. I will try to find a priest in the Drow City but I have looked before without any luck.
Old 03-19-2001, 06:52 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Fitz, here's one tip for you:
SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE and BACK UP SAVES
Make sure you use at least three different slots so that when things go awry, you can always go back to a previous save.
OK but this is not going to help you right now is it? So what other party members do you have?
There is one thing you could do when you really cannot find a way out of your problem: Use the cheat Ctrl + R on your druid's portrait and he will be alive again. Then, make sure it never happens again and don't forget to equip him with all his stuff (which falls to the ground if a character dies)
Dafan: OK! Not everybody is as crazy as me, sitting around all day answering newbie posts...

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 06:54 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Fitz, I forgot to tell you that in order to use the cheat code, you have to have cheats enabled. Do this by opening a file called baldur.ini MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE FILE and then enter the following phrase under Program Options
debug mode = 1

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 07:30 AM   #9
Fitz23
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cheers I will do that tonight.
Old 03-19-2001, 07:34 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

OK, good luck! Have fun!