Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 02:11 PM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I have to agree with y'all. I started here for the use of
Icewind Dale stuff and butta bing here I am today.
Work be damned I give them enough of my time so I post
here when I'm a workin (dedicated employee that I am no
really) When I'm home it's a different story. My live in
family takes over so I dont have much time.

But this place is great, I have fun and look forward to reading
the posting's of my fellow human being's.
So I say to all peace and love be with you.

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-23-2001, 02:17 PM   #12
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

This is a very good post and it could be posted by just one person that would be able to say it in the best way!! Your the best Reeka

------------------

Lady Menqel, Protector of IW's, smiter of evil

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Dualled Swashbuckler/Fighter
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Thanks to Sazerac for the great sig picture
Old 10-23-2001, 02:25 PM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

While I know people are talking about a change in the tenor of Ironworks, I don't really see it. But maybe I have a different perspective than "long-timers".

I've used Ironworks for quite awhile, but I never visited General Discussions, only the forums related to the games I play(BG, ToSC, IWD, HoW, ToLM, SoA, & ToB). When new to these forums, I was amazed at the quick responses and people's willingness to help an obvious idiot like me I still find people in those forum to be genuinely friendly and concerned with helping.

Since discovering the America Strikes Back forum, I have become addicted to it and the GD. I have posted 250+ times in the last week! Not alot to many of you, but I had posted less than 50 times in the previous six months.

In GD, I still don't see anything that controversial, it's mainly in ASB where tempers seem to flare. It's natural I think regarding the subject, so we all must muster a bit more self restraint.

I guess my point is, maybe until this controversial forum was opened no one really had anything major to disagree with one another about. It was all fun and games. Nothing wrong with that because it's what this forum is about.

Maybe it just seems so weird to everyone because they didn't realize their online friends could have such differing opinions from their own. Maybe part of the hurt comes from not knowing someone as well as you thought. We've all experienced that in life(can anyone say ex-wife). It's ok though, because in the end true friendships will grow stronger through the acceptance of different ideas, and the knowledge shared.

More importantly, as with real life you need to know your friend's temperment for safety reasons. If he starts a bar room debate with the leader of the local motorcycle gang about Harley 's versus Honda's, you need to know how far he'll go.....

and where ALL the exits are located.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 02:30 PM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

I guess my point is, maybe until this controversial forum was opened no one really had anything major to disagree with one another about. It was all fun and games. Nothing wrong with that because it's what this forum is about.

I wouldn't say the forum has been all about fun and games before 11 September. We did have arguments, disagreements, serious discussions before that. Take it from people like me, Sazerac, Moiraine, Cloudbringer and numerous others who have posted on this forum for a long time: things *have* changed. There *is* less respect in people's posts. Again, I stress that no-one that I know of has a problem with disagreeing with others an sich (in any forum), but with THE WAY in which people express their disagreement.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-23-2001, 02:43 PM   #15
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
While I know people are talking about a change in the tenor of Ironworks, I don't really see it. But maybe I have a different perspective than "long-timers".

I've used Ironworks for quite awhile, but I never visited General Discussions, only the forums related to the games I play(BG, ToSC, IWD, HoW, ToLM, SoA, & ToB). When new to these forums, I was amazed at the quick responses and people's willingness to help an obvious idiot like me I still find people in those forum to be genuinely friendly and concerned with helping.

Since discovering the America Strikes Back forum, I have become addicted to it and the GD. I have posted 250+ times in the last week! Not alot to many of you, but I had posted less than 50 times in the previous six months.

In GD, I still don't see anything that controversial, it's mainly in ASB where tempers seem to flare. It's natural I think regarding the subject, so we all must muster a bit more self restraint.

Maybe it just seems so weird to everyone because they didn't realize their online friends could have such differing opinions from their own. Maybe part of the hurt comes from not knowing someone as well as you thought. We've all experienced that in life(can anyone say ex-wife). It's ok though, because in the end true friendships will grow stronger through the acceptance of different ideas, and the knowledge shared.

More importantly, as with real life you need to know your friend's temperment for safety reasons. If he starts a bar room debate with the leader of the local motorcycle gang about Harley 's versus Honda's, you need to know how far he'll go.....

and where ALL the exits are located.

Truly, evrything I have said about IW before, and the reasons for it.

Reeka, we have weathered big storms before, and will do so this one as well, for we all are IROWNWORKERS(tm), and the alloy we hammer together out of our individual differences and alikes will cut through any larger issues we may discuss as if they were tissue paper!

IronWorkers rule the RPG universe! - IMNTBHO

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-24-2001, 04:25 PM   #16
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Ok you may or may not consider this a bump but I was looking back and found this and feel like comenting so I will bloddy well do so.

Anyway I joined after the BGdungeon was shut down, not immediatly of course, first of all I joined several minor and forgetable little places, then moved onto Planetbaldurs gate and the blackisle studios board then I came here and havnt wanted to leave since.

I spent most of my time in the BG2 forum had a good bit of fun, more so in the book forum and general discussions for the most part was excellent as well.

I have to say though I only really made friends through MSN despite the good fun I had on the boards, only get to really know people that way. I have to say I never came across as nice a board as this one.

------------------

jabidas = Sorcerer of clan Aerie thing

Also I will have nothing to do with sulpher powder and secret priesthoods so dont even try it.

And dont worry soon you shall all be part of my ever growing army of the undead.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:05 PM   #17
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:

After probably about three months of lurking, I decided that I wanted to become a part of this community and made my first post-----which just happened to be an "off topic" post.

And what that post be
Anyway i agree with you about this being a nice happy communitiy
Though i indeed has changed especially after 11 september
at which time some peoiple came here who only posted very flamelike posts
But Still I think their are still a lot of great people out there
And despite some posts it's still a big happy community

------------------

Old 10-24-2001, 05:23 PM   #18
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Much like Jabidas, i came here after the bgdungeon tavern was shut down. I was looking up some stuff on the IW main page when i noted the page had a forum. It took some time getting use too. Usually i had 10 responses in less then two minuts but this place was much smaller.I started of on the bg2 board offering advice to other members, i seldom came on any of the other boards. But after awhile i got curious and started posting on the other boards as well. And i must say, ironworks is an amazing place with virtually no flaming. Im very impressed with the people here as well(Yes, that means YOU!). I often wonder what would have happend if id never found this place for so many of my friends i have met here.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 10-24-2001).]