Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 11:51 AM   #21
badet
Dungeon Master

and the "god is dead" part, its just simile. God "died" when people dinot belive in him anymore.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:52 AM   #22
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by badet:
and the "god is dead" part, its just simile. God "died" when people dinot belive in him anymore.
if that's the case he's still alive then, because there still ARE people that believe in him - ask Yorick or Cloudbringer, etc...!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:54 AM   #23
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Energy is eternal.Thats basic knowledge.
What, may I ask, is your proof? Just because you've never watched Energy "end" or "die" doesn't mean that it won't or can't.[/QUOTE]Neb's got a point dontcha know, there's always an exception to a scientific theory. "For every positive there's a negative"-a quote from a certain scientist.

BTW Shield, your cow cult intrigues me, does it have a clergy?
Old 09-29-2002, 11:57 AM   #24
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
LOL!!! well, it has had a large following (mostly of spammers that like posting in threads i open titled "Moo")

Professor Moo (I have a photo of this particular cow) was more of a mentor than spiritual leader . I see myself as a prophet of this new church and shall bring much moo to the universe

Old 09-29-2002, 11:57 AM   #25
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Energy is eternal.Thats basic knowledge.
What, may I ask, is your proof? Just because you've never watched Energy "end" or "die" doesn't mean that it won't or can't.[/QUOTE]And where is your PROOF that it is not corect Neb?
Old 09-29-2002, 11:59 AM   #26
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
And where is your PROOF that it is not corect Neb?
why does he need it? he's not the one stating that "IT IS TRUE!!!!", Badet did that. Neb simply asked him to prove his statement. Neb isn't the one offering us to change our beliefs to some unproven blurb

Old 09-29-2002, 12:06 PM   #27
Megabot

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Forget it Badet this is something that happen here not a big deal anyway so relaxe and forget it i read all that you wrote and find it kinda cool but not all peoples think the same way it looks like, i also made a strange topic here yesterday and i did not got ONE normal ansver to my question so that is the way it is here i think! it was about the cow problem i have here ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
and why is my Church of moo nonsensical? because i put it across in a comical manner? I hate to disappoint you, but the idea of worshipping cows is no more or less valid than the energy stuff in badet's post

the whole point fo the thread was to prove how intolerant badet is of someone else's seemingly nonsensical notions before I pointed out the ludicrosity of his own ideas

The idea of this forum is for all to express their opinions, not for a few select members to kowtow to the original poster
[/QUOTE]And what have this to do with what i wrote to do anyway? An the thing you say about the idea of this forum is to all to express their opinions yes they can do that if they have some things to say that even HAVE something to do with the problem the topic starter ask for not a damn stupid spam thingie all the time like in my cow thread none had any advice how to stop the cows to make those noises that is what i asked for in the first place [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 12:09 PM   #28
Megabot

Quote:
quote:
And where is your PROOF that it is not corect Neb?
why does he need it? he's not the one stating that "IT IS TRUE!!!!", Badet did that. Neb simply asked him to prove his statement. Neb isn't the one offering us to change our beliefs to some unproven blurb[/QUOTE]And why not if he ask for proof then i think he should proove that it is not corect anyway i think!
Old 09-29-2002, 12:10 PM   #29
badet
Dungeon Master

"What, may I ask, is your proof? Just because you've never watched Energy "end" or "die" doesn't mean that it won't or can't."

Without an objective standard by which to judge good from evil. This realization was wery troubeling to philosophers a few decades ago, but it hanst had much of an effect in other circles. Most people belive that a universal morality can be based on something else than God, just like Neb.

In what is good for people, what is good for the society etc, in what we feel called upon to do. But explenation s of this standard necessarily constitute "universal moral law" are hard to come by. Usually, the arguments fot the existence of moral law is emotionall rather than rational.

"but dont u think rape is wrong" moralists ask.as if a shared opinion were a proof of universal truth!

the real problem with the idea of the universal moral truth is that it asserts the existyence of something we could really never know anything about, belivers of the moral truth claims that there are things that are morally true in the same way as the sky is blue or that water freezes at 32 degrees. But we can investigate the freezing temperature of water, me can then claim together that it is somekind of an "objective truth". On the other hand, what do we observe if we want to investigate if murder is evil? what is evil by the way, think about that. There is no tablet of moral law on some mountain top,if someone vcant offer any real evidence, why should we accept their claims as truth?
And regarding our instincts, if we feel that something is right or wrong for us, but that is not a proof for a universal moral truth either.Universal moral laws are mere superstition.When two people fundamentally disagree whats right and wrong, there is no way to decide who's right objectivly.
There is no universal moral code that should dictate human behaviour, there is no such thing as good or evil, there is no universal moral truth. Our values comes from us, and us alone. Whether we like it or not. So we should claim them proudly for ourselfes, as ourr own creation, rather than seeking external justification for them.

Lord shield, well, belivers in god these days are just a small fraction of how it used to be, if god isn't dead, he is atleast paralyzed, and hould be unplugged from the respirator
Old 09-29-2002, 12:10 PM   #30
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
LOL!!! well, it has had a large following (mostly of spammers that like posting in threads i open titled "Moo")

Professor Moo (I have a photo of this particular cow) was more of a mentor than spiritual leader . I see myself as a prophet of this new church and shall bring much moo to the universe
[/QUOTE]Professor Moo eh, I'll pass joining the cult. He's gotta be a brainwashing exploiter, can't trust cows...or penguins.

Badet, believe what you will that is your right. Make sure that when you create a religion you got all the bases covered