Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
badet
Dungeon Master

Now i'm going to present my own religion, this is also the religion my bg cleric follows.

Energy is eternal, since energy cannot disapear, only transform into other sources. The world as we know it consists of energy, the flowers, wolfs and humans are all different shapes of the same energy. Our soul consists of energy, thereby our soul is eternal. Life is eternal because the very particles that made us will never abolsih. Our earth is the finest creation in our solarsystem, and we are consious beings we have the obligation to preserve and care for it. Destructive forces that threatens its existance must be destroyed.
There is no good or evil, moral law doesn't exist.

Where does the ideas of moral law come from?

Once upon a time, almost everyone believed in the existence of God. This God ruled over the world, He had absolute power over everything in it; and He had set down laws whichall human beings had to obey. If they did not, they would suffer the most terrible punishments at His hands. Naturally, most people obeyed the laws as well as they could, their fear of eternal suffering being stronger than their desire for everything forbidden. Because everyone lived according to the same laws, they could agree upon what "morality" was: it was the set of values decreed by God's laws. Thus, good and evil, right and wrong, where decided bu the authority of God, which everyone accepted out of fear.
One day, people began to wake up and realize that there was mo such thing as God after all. There was no hard evidence to demonstrate his existence, and fewpeople could see any pint in having faith in the irrational any longer. God pretty much disappeared from the world; nobody feared him or his punishments anymore.
But a strange thing happened. Though these people had the the courage to question God's existence, and even deny it to the ones who still believed in it, they didn't dare to question the morality that His laws had mandated . Perhaps it just didn't occur to them; everyone had been raised to hold the same belifs about what was moral, and had come to speak about right and wrong in the same way, so maybe the assumed it was obious what was good and what was ecilwhether God was there to enforce it or not. Or perhaps people had become so used to living under these laws that they were afraid to even consider the possibility that the laws didnot exist anymore than God did. Though there was no longer an authority to decree certain things as right or wrong, they still accpeted the idea that some things were right or wrong by nature. Though there was no longer had faith in a deity, they still had faith in a universal moral coda that everyone had to follow. Though the no longer believed in God, they where not yet courageous to stop obeying His orders; they ha abolished the idea of a devine ruler, but not he divinity of His code of ethics. This unquestioning submisson to the laws of a long-departed heavenly master has been a long nightmare from which the human race is only beginning to awaken.

God is dead - and with him, Moral Law

Without an objective standard by which to judge good from evil, my relihion is True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral.
My religion is atheistic, but does embrace the idea of the eternal energy.

My church could be called "Church of the eternal energy" or do you have a better proposal? Members of this newly born church are always welcome.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
Lord Shield

yeah, whatever [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My proposed religion is this:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:00 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
yeah, whatever [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My proposed religion is this:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN !!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:01 AM   #4
badet
Dungeon Master

whatever? You do not have to be rude u silly cow. Mooo on u to!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by badet:
whatever? You do not have to be rude u silly cow. Mooo on u to!
moo? MOOOOO!!!! moo moo moooooooooooooo

Old 09-29-2002, 11:10 AM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So so it is not cool to be rude any of you so calme down here! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 11:10 AM   #7
badet
Dungeon Master

i think its a fantastic religion [img]smile.gif[/img] And it's all true too
Old 09-29-2002, 11:14 AM   #8
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
So so it is not cool to be rude any of you so calme down here! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:17 AM   #9
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]Yeah Lord Shield you knove that i have LOTS of cows here so maby i shall send some over to you and let them MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all day long in front of your window!

[ 09-29-2002, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 09-29-2002, 11:18 AM   #10
badet
Dungeon Master

seriously now. I once wrote "God d*mn" without the *, and got about 5 posts on how rude i was, bla bla. and now you're being really insolent against me. G* t* he**