Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2002, 10:29 AM   #31
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

IF there is no other intelligent life anywhere else in the universe then someone please tell me WHO THE F*CK WAS PILOTING THE 5 UFO'S IVE SEEN????

I know one thing for sure they werent from earth. If what I saw was made by the US government then why are they still building stealth bombers and fighters????????????????

Twice I was with my brother and we saw something that was NOT from this planet. It was not a mutual figment of imagination. The third time I saw a UFO I was by myself in my back yard in IRVING TEXAS. I lived 8 houses from being directly in line with the landing strip at Hensly Field (Air-Naval Station) in Grand Prairie Texas. Only on this occasion THREE UFO's pulled up and parked almost directly on top of my house!!!! They just hovered for about 10 minutes. There was NO discernable movement. No side to side or up and down movement, nor was there any movement relative to the other craft. After about 10 minutes they ZIP were in north Dallas and it took about 1 second to go 20 miles. Then ZIP they were way over toward Garland. Zip and they were off toward Arkansas.

The whole thing only took about 5 seconds.

NO ONE on this planet can convince me that what I saw was MAN MADE. If it was a secret government project why not continue on to the naval base?? Why keep building JET fighters???? THEY WOULDNT. Cash talks and bullshit walks. They woud stop spending money on obsolete CRAP.

This brings me back to the heart of the discussion here.

Scientists know that if they could lower the human body temperature a mere 5 degrees we would live to be well over 200 years old!!!! If they could lower the body temperature of a human being 10 degrees we would live to be close to 1200 years old. This simple theory is put into practice every day in Intensive Care Units around the world. By keeping the rooms cooler you lower the body temperature and in doing so SLOW the heartbeat. This keeps the patient calm and allows for better sleep.

If we could lower the body temperature and humans could live to be.... say.... 2000 years old that would completely change our view of space exploration.

If an alien intelligence had a body temperature of say, 68 degrees farenheit, How long would they live??? 20,000 earth years??? That provides and awful lot of time for space exploration.

Human knowledge doubles every 12 years. Scientists say that in 100 years human knowledge will double every 2 MINUTES.. 200 years from now human knowledge will double every SECOND.

As a species we are learning VERY quickly.

How long did the dinosuars live on this planet?? 900 million years???
Humans havent been on this planet long at all by comparison.

Think of how much we humans will know in 900 million years.

What if there ARE civilizations that have been around for a TRillion years????

Lets use our own galaxy as a model for intelligent life. There are over 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone. IF each solar system has nine planets thats 900 billion planets. 100 billion of which could host life. Lets go a step further and divide that number, just for the sake of arguement, by 100. That is STILL 1 billion planets that could host life. OK divide that by 100. That is still 10 million planets that could have life. How many of those could have INTELLIGENT life??

Keep in mind that this is ONLY the Milky Way Galaxy we are doing the calculations on. There are TRILLIONS of galaxies that have 100s of gazillions more stars in them and trillions of trillions of gazillions of PLANETS.

To say there is no life anywhere in the universe besides Earth isnt just sheer human EGO its downright rediculous. The math of it says its IMPOSSIBLE. There HAS to be life somewhere besides Earth.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2002, 10:48 AM   #32
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

One thing I forgot to mention is that when I saw the UFO's there was absolutely no sound. When the 3 appeared abovce my house they had lights on the bottom>>> A triangle of blue inside a square of red inside a circle of yellow.

Funny that about two years after this experience I saw a report that the US government was beginning to experiment with VISUAL Stealth. Wonder where they got THAT idea from. Anyone ever heard of Roswell New Mexico????

Ive also heard that the US Governemt has had contact with Alien species for several years but they dont want to go public because it would crush the foundations of religion as we know it. Lets face it: churches make a lot of money.

They feel the human race isnt ready for that type of knowledge. They very well could be right. Religion is a powerful thing but where would billions of people stand if they found out that.... God didnt create us???? Scarey.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:20 PM   #33
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Easy there Earthdog! You missed a point. The other planets would have to develop life "AT THE SAME TIME". Our time here is a nanosecond compared to the life span of the universe. Countless stars have lived and died before life ever appeared on this world. They would have to pick us out of this endless expanse of stars you pointed out. How would they know? Our very first radio transmissions havn't even reached the next solar system yet! I'm not saying life on other planets is impossible. I'm saying it's improbable that intelligent life would be out there at the same time as us and at the same time be close enough to find and visit us. That's if it's even possible for matter to travel at the speed of light! Maybe I'm wrong, but it's looking like nothing found in the universe travels fast enough to traverse the reaches of space in a suitable amount of time. Just getting matter up to the speed of light is looking pretty impossible as it stands. Don't hold your breath waiting on the SS Enterprise to be developed anytime soon. All in all, I mean we are unlikely to ever make contact with intelligent alien life.

I'm also not waiting on body temperature reduction to yeild 2000 year productive lifespans. Hypothermia does reduce metabolism. It also causes coma and death because the body can't function properly.

I don't know what you saw that night. I wasn't there. It sounds like it was an exciting experience though.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:31 PM   #34
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

if you travel in the speed of light, time and space is stopped for you. (says Albert Einstan) so the moment you get on an air craft or teleportation device, boom, you are already there. except everyone you know would probally be 400 or couple thousand years old by the time you get out of your trasportation chamber.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:36 PM   #35
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Easy there Earthdog! You missed a point. The other planets would have to develop life "AT THE SAME TIME". Our time here is a nanosecond compared to the life span of the universe. Countless stars have lived and died before life ever appeared on this world. They would have to pick us out of this endless expanse of stars you pointed out. How would they know? Our very first radio transmissions havn't even reached the next solar system yet! I'm not saying life on other planets is impossible. I'm saying it's improbable that intelligent life would be out there at the same time as us and at the same time be close enough to find and visit us. That's if it's even possible for matter to travel at the speed of light! Maybe I'm wrong, but it's looking like nothing found in the universe travels fast enough to traverse the reaches of space in a suitable amount of time. Just getting matter up to the speed of light is looking pretty impossible as it stands. Don't hold your breath waiting on the SS Enterprise to be developed anytime soon. All in all, I mean we are unlikely to ever make contact with intelligent alien life.

I'm also not waiting on body temperature reduction to yeild 2000 year productive lifespans. Hypothermia does reduce metabolism. It also causes coma and death because the body can't function properly.

I don't know what you saw that night. I wasn't there. It sounds like it was an exciting experience though.
doh, I could provide a counter arguement. said yourself, our life span is nothing compare to the universe... so,

suppose the EARTH is our day's length: 24 hours. then human race's existence is approximately 1 min? or more? even so.... this perhaps rate only less than 1 trilli second should the universe is considered.

how much is the chance of two races that exist at the same time? nearly none. because either race's life span is nearly none compared to the big picture.

nevertheless, there are lives out there! [img]smile.gif[/img] the facisnation of alien, I say, is a human mystery that spawned from within outselves.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:39 PM   #36
Zak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have nothing much to add that already hasn't been said, I believe the possiblity of alien life to be highly likely. Why not? We know nothing virtually about the universe, there are so many possibilities we have no idea of. There could be thousands of other life forms on other planets living unaware of us, as we are unaware of them. It's possible, and, I would say, probable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Touche, Ziroc. I agree with your point there.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:24 PM   #37
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

As I said before, to think that humans are the only intelligent beings alive in the universe isnt just sheer human ego its rediculous.

To think that we are the only beings that could have evolved intelligence at this time is being closed minded. Not bagging anyone here but thats MY opinion.

What if there are species that have exsisted for millions, hundreds fof millions, or even billions of years???? Since we dont know the exact age of the universe its even possible that there are species that have exsisted for Trillions of years. Scientists say that our sun will die in about 4.5 billion years. Thats an awful lot of time to learn space travel.

We all know the facts about global warming. We also know how many has evolved from being 4 feet tall into much taller beings. Men average 5'8 nowadays. Thats a far cry from 4 feet.

Take those things into acount and consider the possibility of global cooling. Every species on earth would have to evolve to withstand cooler temperatures. Our heartbeats would slow and then our life expectancy would be lengthened.

For a species NOT of this earth having a body temperature of 68 degrees could be considered a fever. They could have an average body temperature of 45 degrees. Species from other planets with body temperatures that low could live for hundreds of thousands of EARTH years. Then theres the possibility that 100 earth years could be a day on their planet. Time begins to take on a new meaning when looked at from that point of view.

The advances of medical science made in the last 2000 years are incredible. Even if we only look at the last 200 or even 100 years the advances are astounding. Aristotle would crap his toga. Its a pity that guys like Michealangelo and Gallileo, Plato and Aristotle cant be around to see all of this.

Considering the advances of medical science I personally believe that diseases such as MS and Downs Syndrome will be nothing but bad memories in another 200 years.

Which brings me back to this topic. If there are other species that have exsisted for hundreds of millions of years their medical advances would have probably put disease to an end millions of years ago.

Aging??? HMMMM To be able stop the aging process may not be so far fetched even for humans in the next 200 years. All they have to do is isolate the causes of it. Slowly but surely human scientists are mapping the human DNA strand and in doing so will be able to end birth defects, numerous diseases ect. This is a science that has only exsisted for less than a hundred years. Think of the possibilities when this science has been around so long that its taught to 5th graders as a standard requirement.

It wasnt so long ago that half the population of America couldnt read or write. Most people couldnt even sign their name. they X left their mark.

Who can really say how advanced a civilization could become when they have exsisted for millions of years??? Space exploration could be the only thing that is left for them. They would have already learned everything they could about their own planet and solar system. Time to move on to other things. Other planets other galaxies... Other species........
Old 06-25-2002, 08:39 PM   #38
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I would also like to mention that SETI has reaped some results.

On the night of the big attack in Operation Desert Storm (cant remember the date) The US Military jammed one radio wavelength around the entire world. When they did scientists "intercepted" what was believed to be a radio broadcast made by an intelligent species. The only problem is that in order to prove it came from an extra-terrestrial intelligence they have to catch another signal and attempt to decode them both. Since they havent got a second signal to compare it to they cannot work out an alpha/numeric pattern for the other species.

They would need to jam the wavelength world wide a second time and HOPE they could catch another signal. Regardless, the scientists still believe it to be a genuine signal by an alien species. They just cant prove it. Yet.

[ 06-25-2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Earthdog ]
Old 06-26-2002, 01:54 AM   #39
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The whole idea of folding time and space through wormholes or somesuch sounds very Lost in Space-ish or Stargate-ish..
If you had to build a "gate" to every place you wanted to go from your point of origin, we'd take forever to explore the universe. What are the chances that we'll know where to build exits in order to contact alien life? Even if we take satellite photos and telescopic images of faraway galaxies, those pictures at the moment they were taken were already billions of years out of date. The possibilities are just too huge. But it makes one wonder..what is the purpose of all these dead rocks in space anyway? Where is mother nature's work in it? What are all these astral bodies doing hanging around in space? When one thinks about the vastness of the universe, who actually asks "what is the point of it all?"
Its very paradoxical.. sorta like the tree falling in the forest and no making a sound thing. If an entire system is out there, with no life, does it actually exist? What does it do? Does it just stay there, revolving around its sun for all eternity without purpose?
Ahhhh the galaxy is mind-blowing.. I cant fathom a quarter of what I'm saying..
Old 06-26-2002, 04:28 AM   #40
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I can Lifetime because this is, like, totally, like, HEAVY dude

Makes me just wanna have a [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] and think about it. Man this is like COSMIC.

LOL I could use about 50 of those aged slang expressions from the 70s on this topic.

I dig what you were diggin into in more than just a terestrial way. This is a totally stellar subject and man if I hit myself over the head with that pan one more time Im gonna see more than stars

As humans we must learn to cope with the scope of the vastness of the blackness.