Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 05:36 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I have 2 questions about CD-RW's.

1. How many times can you write CD-RW? (I know this is a pretty stupid question but I saw this CD-RW which said you could only write it 5 times [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

2. What is the fastest speed for a CD-RW?..I bought a few and they say[/b] 2x - 4x.

Thanx! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 04-04-2002, 06:30 AM   #2
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I don't know what you've stumbled on but the CD-RW's I use can be wiped and re-recorded to eternity as long as the disc is in good condition.
Never even seen a RW CD that can only be recorded on a certain number of times actually
Old 04-04-2002, 06:35 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hiya, the rewritable area which is a film layer gets worn pretty quick and they only give you a certain number of guranteed rewrites. But after ten I would be suspicious actually since the film would then be written over alot of time and each time you have the hazard of loosing data.

The speed of the CDRW is now up to around x12 to be burned in. The CDRW disc however states the prefered write to speed of the disc. Usually that isnīt as important since they only printed the actual speeds of the times CDRW burners..

2. I donīn know the fastest speed but at home I have one that can burn up to x10..

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 04-04-2002, 06:56 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well as far as I know CD RWs can be written on indefinetly, thought they have a limited shelf life (oh i dunnow 200 years or so) they can be written on about... ummm 20 timess at least but that number really depends on how much data you put on and take off of the disk...

CDrs are cheap and expendable in my opinion while DVDRWs are priceless like diamonds!!

I doub't ive written a single DVD yet though.... ever...
Old 04-04-2002, 07:00 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

And windows 98 should never crash!

Hehe, well the indefinite is as true as advertisment goes. you need a dictionary with the exceptions to it!

I seldom use CDRW since well, I gathter the info I want to burn on a cd and then burns it instead. Have burned a DVD twice, takes forever!!

Donīt eat the yellow snow