Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 09:44 AM   #41
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:

Oh dont even get me started on Bush [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Don't get you started?? You cant prove anything wrong about him, all that has been published are innuendo and unproven facts...unless you want to count his DUI. The guys is probably the most sincere and honorable person in DC at the moment. Yeah as a kid he was typical of my generation in the 70's that was 30 years ago and things we did then do not reflect the men we have become. Get over it. He won, you evidently lost. If you really believed the ideas you pedal you would not live here, you would move to a country more in tune with your ideals..why not put your ideals where your mouth is? I mean seriously if it is so screwed up in the western world go east young man, go east, they will welcome you with open arms Im sure.

Old 02-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #42
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

I'm with you, MagiK.

You know...you'll hear these guys singing a different story when some guy kidnaps and murders their own. There ain't no man alive that will sit back and sing peace-loving songs when their wife and children have been raped and mutilated...and video-taped for him to see. The would be begging for revenge!

Off-topic...If I was ever to go into the service, I suppose it would be the Naval Air-Force. I have great eye-sight, which is prerequisit...I'm told. What do you think?

Well if you qualify for the naval Aviator you would definatley be among the best of the best, its not just eyesight and reflexes, you have to learn physics, flight dynamics, heavy heavy math, have great spatial acuity.....the younguns on this board have absolutley NO idea what it takes to be a fighter pilot (hence they think Bush is an idiot) I didnt have the eyesight or the math abilities...so they wanted me to go Nuke or Intelligence...I chose to be a spook rather than glow in the dark [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2002, 09:52 AM   #43
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
All that I can say about this is said here

Good post Galadria...it would be very nice if full bellies and warm clothing would make all people radiate that good Karma...but that wouldnt be a human if that were the case...there are good people and bad people....bad people will always exist and it will always fall to a chosen few to protect the innocents from the bad people.....and if they do too good a job for toolong, then the innocents forget that bad people exist....I guess it forms a cycle...

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 02-25-2002, 09:53 AM   #44
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Easy to be morally ahead when you are too small to matter on a global scale...where there is no responsibility there is no need to make hard descisions. I love NZ as a country but no one will ever confuse it for a global mover and shaker.

No responsibility? EVERY country has responsibilty!
Try looking at some of New Zealand's policies and ideals then look to the US and think if there are not some lessons that should be learnt!
Im not even going to reply to your other post.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:55 AM   #45
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

there is a big difference between the few hundred afghans who were accidentally killed and the unknown thousands who were tortured and killed by the taliban and al-qaida.besides, these animals have no respect for human life.why should we treat them like common criminals?
azurewolf,why do you have a photo of a murderer for your sig?
Old 02-25-2002, 10:02 AM   #46
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:

I'm with you, MagiK.

You know...you'll hear these guys singing a different story when some guy kidnaps and murders their own. There ain't no man alive that will sit back and sing peace-loving songs when their wife and children have been raped and mutilated...and video-taped for him to see. The would be begging for revenge!

Thats the whole bloody point why we think these things! We (at least sincere ones) dont change our minds just because these things personally affect us. Its about rising above that! Taking an outside stance and looking at these things without emotions clouding our view! So dont go spouting of shit about us singing peace-loving songs. We just dont happen to want to continue this cycle of violence!!
Old 02-25-2002, 10:04 AM   #47
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
...one shared by his beautiful and pregnant wife...

That phrase is enough for me to know that the death of terrorists is a valid plan...

Those freaking goat-humpers.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:09 AM   #48
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

your a hopless case...I don't know why I even bother...

One more crack like this from anyone here and I'm ringing down the curtain on this thread. I'm all for civil discussion of issues, but I'll be damned if I'll have GD turned into the steaming pile of cr*p that the War Forum degenerated into. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-25-2002, 10:13 AM   #49
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

That phrase is enough for me to know that the death of terrorists is a valid plan...

Those freaking goat-humpers.

All right, that did it. Thread closed. Larry, I am VERY disappointed in you. I expect better from a fellow moderator.

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."