Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 06:54 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

He has been lurking for months. he won't post because:

1) He feels we all know each other very well and wouldn't feel part of the group

2) He might lose it a bit with some of the things people post here - he doesn't have great diplomacy skills

3) He's just not as funny as me and would get cold living in my shadow (leave it Davros!)

I would be grateful for anything you could do to bring this shrinking violet out from the shadows.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-26-2001, 07:02 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is a message to Donut's brother:

Are you a Tottenham Hotspurs supporter?

If so...

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

I support the Reds (NOT the Red Devils) myself, but I've had enough of Donut and his ramblings about the superiority of Frenchmen playing in England (although it's alright when they beat those snotty Man U prettyboys. Why, we played the entire French team a couple of weeks ago and held them to a draw. Don't have any idea why we failed to qualify for the World Cup.

Old 11-26-2001, 07:04 AM   #3
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Well, I'm relatively new and been welcomed quite warmly, I must say, even amongst those who have known each other for a while! And if he never posts, then how will anyone *ever* get to know him?!?!? Hmmm?

As for the lack of tact, surely he has the ability to keep his fingers off the keyboard if he *knows* a response might offend someone. Or perhaps (now this is a radical idea) he might actually *learn* how to apply a certain amount of diplomacy in the process of becoming a fine and upstanding citizen of IW!

We can't all be brillant comic wits, now can we.

My .02 such as it is....
Old 11-26-2001, 07:06 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
This is a message to Donut's brother:

Are you a Tottenham Hotspurs supporter?

If so...

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Ouch! - that's got to hurt!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-26-2001, 07:19 AM   #5
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

1) He feels we all know each other very well and wouldn't feel part of the group

2) He might lose it a bit with some of the things people post here - he doesn't have great diplomacy skills

3) He's just not as funny as me and would get cold living in my shadow (leave it Davros!)

I would be grateful for anything you could do to bring this shrinking violet out from the shadows.

Donut, you must be the much stronger, faster, smarter, better looking, favored, and well spoken of your family...(did you steal his lunch money when you were young)...where is he!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 07:22 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Donut.... Get your brother to post..... I NEED more fresh blood.... Ehm... Did I say "blood"? I meant, I NEED more fresh friends, yep that's right, I have no plans at all about draining all the liquid from your brother's body to feed my insatiable hunger for the blood of the living.... Not at all....
Old 11-26-2001, 07:42 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! - awww, do I gotta leave it unsaid - no fair picking on the Aussie. Anyway, Conan said it better than I could have - so, don't evade the question Donut - did you steal his lunch money when you were kids? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 07:47 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And what's his Forum name Donut - let's see, brother to Donut would be..... umm...... PROFITEROLE perhaps???? .

Anyway, welcome to Donut's brother, from the guy what spilled his cider all over that other dude's jacket - mmmmm, cider!!!! Jump on in and enjoy the forum. I hope you don't [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] as much as Donut though - I am having a hard time catching up with his post tally. And just so as you will know, Donut and I are the ones around here that AREN'T moderators - they are getting so numerous that it is starting to get easier to talk of who is not rather than who is not a "mod". I wonder why they keep overlooking us Donut .
Old 11-26-2001, 07:57 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
And what's his Forum name Donut - let's see, brother to Donut would be..... umm...... PROFITEROLE perhaps???? .

Anyway, welcome to Donut's brother, from the guy what spilled his cider all over that other dude's jacket - mmmmm, cider!!!! Jump on in and enjoy the forum. I hope you don't [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] as much as Donut though - I am having a hard time catching up with his post tally. And just so as you will know, Donut and I are the ones around here that AREN'T moderators - they are getting so numerous that it is starting to get easier to talk of who is not rather than who is not a "mod". I wonder why they keep overlooking us Donut .

He is a little bit 'backward' so you shouldn't have much trouble spotting him from his username. He's getting his broadband this morning so he won't be able to post even if he wanted to.

As to why we are overlooked - perhaps it is that we are so 'immoderate'

Pronunciation ih ma dE riht (I don't pronounce it like that!!!!)
Definition 1. beyond reasonable or appropriate limits; excessive.
Example immoderate desires. (I've got a few of those!)
Crossref. Syn. exorbitant , extreme , excess , extravagant , unreasonable

Yep - that's us all right Davros!
Old 11-26-2001, 08:03 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

So has "Tunod" registered any posts at all yet??? Immoderate huh - where did they get weird pronunciation - your not using an American Dictionary are you Donut . Guess it describes us pretty well though.