Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #1
zith0
Welcomed New User

Alright, this is my problem:

** POTENTIAL SPOILER**

I've just about completed the 'Cult of the Eyeless' quest. I'm in the beholder lair where you get the second part of the rod thingy. After I pick up the second piece, I gather up my party and quick-save before the beholder leader guy comes (just in case I die). Well, sure enough, I get wasted before I can use the rod thingy on him. I reload my quick-save and for some reason, he wont come now! I've looked around the whole section of the map and even tried leaving the area and coming back (unfortunately this saved over my autosave). Now I've done the whole quest and can't finish it because the game thinks that I never killed him.

If _anyone_ has any suggestions i'd love to hear them. Is there a way to force this guy to appear?
zith0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 09:09 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

I would go back and load your auto-save. That should take you back to the beginning of the beholder cave.

What I did was send my best tank wielding the Shield of Balduran ahead of my party by about thirty feet. When he found the rod part, I immediately went to inventory, and moved it to my PC, who joined 'em together. He then used the boots of speed. To quickly move forward and blast the Beholder.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 10:42 PM   #3
zith0
Welcomed New User

Right,

I know how the fight goes - (this is my second time playing through the game). The problem is, is that I quick-saved it between when my party picked up the second part of the rod and the Lead-Beholder comes. When I reload that quick save (incidentally, as I mentioned before, my auto-save got written over when I left the lair in attempts to make the guy come around), the guy wont come out _at all_. And so hopefully you can see why I'm vexed - because my main character is a cleric, if I can't finish this quest, I don't even think I can get my stronghold.

Thanks for your help though - those are indeed good strategies. [img]smile.gif[/img]
zith0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 10:52 PM   #4
Iromulod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think i saw somewhere in a hint section that if u have only one piece of the rod and u go back to the cult leader,(not the beholder)he sees that u have the rod and may call the beholder up to him for u to fight.

goodluck
Old 01-20-2002, 11:24 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Zith, you're not reading what I'm writing. Don't load your quicksave. Load your auto-save. This is the save that the game automatically makes right before you enter a new area. The last auto-save you have should be right before you entered that Beholder dungeon.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:12 AM   #6
strangelove
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not sure if it's possible to spawn this specific guy in or not, but you may want to dig around for his creature ID and give it a go. The command is CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Creature ID Number here"). The ID for an elder beholder is "BEHELD01", while a gauth is "BEHGAU01". You might try "BEHELD02", "BEHBOSS" or something to see if you get the big boss guy. My list of creature ID's is pretty short, and he isn't on it. All creature ID's are 8 characters or less, btw.

Even if you do manage to spawn him, there is no guarantee that the script will trigger properly afterward, but it may work, and is better than replaying the whole quest (or worse, depending on where your last valid save is before the quest).

Fable: Actually, you're not reading what he's writing. He refers to both his quicksave and autosave. Quicksave was after the rod is assembled, but before the Unseeing Eye appears. His autosave was toasted when he left the area and returned to try and fix the problem, thus overwriting it making it no better than the quicksave.

-sb
Old 01-21-2002, 06:03 AM   #7
Erydian
Manshoon

You can spawn the Unseeing Eye. Whether or not this will fix your problem, I don't know, but it's worth a try. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Creature Code for it is UNSEE. Just tested this on my unsuspecting lvl 7-10 party (we're still in Irenicus's dungeon, lol), and he made short work of us.

So, assuming your cheats are enabled, you'd pull up the console, and type CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("UNSEE").
Old 01-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

you can also try killing all the henchmen, (I accidentally set off a fireball before I "joined" up with them, and they went hostile, the eye appeared to save his followers, and got wasted quickly by my group).
Old 01-22-2002, 07:18 PM   #9
Tormentor
Manshoon

hmmm i wonder why i wasn't able to go into the beholder lair?.. , it had a map note called 'to the liar of the unseeing eye' i think tho... but i couldnt enter the 'hole', no cursor change... :\
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 07:22 PM   #10
fable
Quintesson

Tormentor, did you get the first half of the rod, and speak with the blind rebel priest about his contact in the cult? That contact has to "point out" to you the staircase leading to the lair. If you don't speak to him, you can't go.