Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 01:38 AM   #91
Pangur Ban

"A team of 6 almost-fierce adventurers get their first look at the Serpent Temple"

Dramatis Personea:
Rei, warrrior - and would be paladin.
R'rova, warrior - striving for barbarianhood and possible sentience.
H'ssa, warrior - nobody mocks your IQ if you want a to be a Samurai …
Roland, ratling rogue of uncertain pedigree.
Pangur, kittypriest extraordinare.
Cymry, long suffering elven mage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

R'rova: Big, isn't it?
Roland: Hey, the front door looks like a snake !!
Cymry: What were you expecting, a rabbit ?
H’ssa, ( after some thought ) …Hmmm, doesn’t sound impressive enough. Temple of the Rabbit? Bunny priest? Nah, they always choose something like snake, or spider, or ...
Others: Shut up !!
Pangur: ( Forgetting the rantings of the recently encountered heretic Kol, as all priests not worshipping Bast should, of course, be ignored ) How do we get in?
Roland: A job for me! I use my astounding ability to find all levers concealed by shadows !!
Rei: You couldn't find a dragon in a bathtub !!
R'rova: ( Drawing sword, waving it around in midair, slicing one of Pangur's whiskers off ) DRAGON !! Where ??

... 5 minutes later, after a minor scuffle, a Heal spell, and an unsuccessful search for a non existent lever in the temple foyer ...

Roland: Didn't that loony mention something about a secret in the stone? Maybe there is a trapdoor on the roof?

... 2 hours later, after a climb to the roof of the temple and another non productive search for a trapdoor or keyhole ...

R'rova: Can we see our house from up here?
Rei: ( sighs )
Cymry: Hey Pang, try one of those Spirit Eye spells, that might help find the way in ...
Pangur: ( Pretends to wave a non existent wand ) Mutters meaningless but impressive incantation in an attempt to frighten R'rova into a quivering jelly for an hour or two "ARgnutter bloogleDRIP!!"
Roland: Hey, look at the map! A mystic white dot !! The location of the hidden keyhole IS on the roof, I told you so !!
Others: ( unprintable )

Another 2 hours searching the roof of the temple searching for the something where the dot is, but not finding anything.

Eventually the party found the forest path leading to the temple back door.

Roland: These priests didn't even have the decency to hide a secret door in a place where we looking for it. What a nerve !!
Others: ( unprintable, followed by several loud thumps, and a request for another Heal )

Several days later ...
Inside the temple, the party has discovered the other side of the foyer, and the lever that opens the front temple door.

Roland: I wonder if this lever was the white dot we saw when we were on the roof ?
Others: ( unprintable, followed by several VERY loud thumps, and a request for a Great Heal ... )
---------------------------------------------------------------
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 10:09 AM   #92
jsalsb
Elminster

LOL! My party of *geniuses* did exactly the same thing. The way WW maps discriminate (or don't!) between inside and outside features is really frustrating at times!

------------------
JonII
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #93
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Pangur Ban: HILARIOUS dialog! LOL

BTW, if you talk to Kol extensively, he does give the directions to the "back entrance" of the temple. I think you have to mention the words "temple" or "Serpent Temple" to him to trigger the hint.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 12:59 PM   #94
CatsMeowCentral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just spent the last TWO hours having the time of my life reading all these posts!!! What fun!

I can't match them but I do have one or two stories for you.

Eventine: Male Human Warrior - would-be Paladin
Soraya: Female Elf Warrior - would-be Ranger
Shena: Female Whiskah Wizard - would-be Warlock
Meryl: Female Oomphaz Priest - would-be "Not Sure"
Farron: Male Ratling Rogue - would-be Assassin
Grendel: Male Gourk Warrior - would-be Zen Master

Eventine: Ok, guys, let's go.
Soraya: HEY! Who are you calling a guy??
Eventine: Well... uh... no offense intended. It was just an expression.
Soraya: Some expression! Male chauvenist pig!
Grendel: **grunt** uh.. what you say??
Soraya: Not you! HIM! **points to Eventine**
Farron: Yea... and who made you the boss?
Eventine: geesh! why don't we just have election?
Farron: Yea... and I nominate ME.
Meryl: Now, now, everyone. Let calm spirits prevail.
Farron: That's COOL heads you moron!
Meryl: Sticks and stones, my friend. Sticks and stones.
Grendel: Huh?? Sticks? Where sticks? Me throw stones Good!
Shena: Oh for Kerah's sake, folks, let's just GO already! I have a dental appointment in the afternoon. Need to get my fangs cleaned.

Several days later in the Crypt...

Shena: Now see!! I told you I was gonna miss that appointment if we came in here. It's gonna take months to get a new one!
Farron: Oh pipe down. I'm sick of ya whinin'!
Shena: Look, we can't make much progress out of this nightmare weighed down with all this stuff. Why don't we just pile up in this corner and flag it on the map? Then we can come back for it.
Eventine: That sounds like a great idea, Meryl!
Meryl: I didn't say it! Shena did!
Eventine: Sorry, it's so dark in here.

**everyone dumps their stuff from inventory**

Eventine: That's better. Shena, did you flag the map?
Shena: Done. Let's go.
Two corridors and 3 turns later...
Soraya: Looks like a dead end.
Farron: No kiddin'. Ya sooo smart!
Grendel: Can it, Farron. We're all tired of this gloom and doom place. And your sarcastic remarks.
Eventine: **wearily** Come on, let's go back to where we left the stuff and try a different route.
Meryl: Ick! I hate those vomiting Zombies! Wait a minute while I cure myself.
Soraya: Can't **hack** wait **slash**
Grendel: **WHOMP!!**
Evenine: Yuck. Thank Kerah these things just disappear after you kill 'em. Disgusting.
Shena: Oh for pity's sake, there are more of those jelly things coming! **zap! zap! zap!**

Farron: **turns corner** Hey! What happened to all our stuff!! This was YOUR idea, Meryl!
Meryl: Was not!
Farron: Was too!
Meryl: NOT!
Farron: TOO!
Grendel: WHOMP! WHOMP!
Eventine: **sighs** Who's got the healing potions?

*** A few more days? nights? weeks? ***

Shena: Thank Kerah! The exit!!
Meryl: Let me outta here! I need LIGHT!
Eventine: Meryl, watch your big feet! Don't run!!
AGH!!! STAMPEDE!!!

***Screams!***

Farron: How the heck did we fall UP the stairs?!?!
Grendel: We out? Too dark!
Eventine: Shena, take the lead; you can see better. Are we out? Shena? Shena?
Oh d....
CatsMeowCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 03:40 PM   #95
Bunny
Dungeon Master

Mantraps:

Oh Sh**! this is the area with those freak a** rejects from Little Shop Of Horrors. Quick!! must get our horse to a safe little glen. Horse safe...GREAT, now lets turn around and....ZAP, ZAP, ZAP, MUNCH, MUNCH...AAAAHHHHGGGG.
*Reload game*

Ah ha, horse safe now lets do that trick the first time I went through the game...I'll hide in the moat and fire off spells from a distance HaHa! FlameSrike, FlameDrop, Metor, ah THAT got their attention....umm why are they coming this way? Um..they seem not to be stopping...um THEIR FRICKING SWIMMING AT ME!!! When did they learn to...???
ZAP, ZAP, ZAP, MUNCH, MUNCH......AAAHHHHGGG.
*Reload game*

Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 02:54 PM   #96
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Stories from a beginning party from a newbie player. Unfortunately my game crashes if I alt-tab out of the game, perhaps some DX8/GF2 incompatibility issue here. My group consists of the following more or less humanoid like creatures:

Male human warrior - Naw
Female elf warrior - Elffi
Male guork warrior - Possu
Male ratling rogue - Rotta
Female whiskahs priestess - Katti
Male omphaaz wizard - Norsu

(Finns might notice I didn't give much thought to naming those characters)

---
I had equipped my party and had some experience killing easy bats, worugs, also a couple of tiny trolls, these were just outside the city gates. I head back in town, identify and sell items and buy some stuff.

I equip my party and go through the eastern gate, then head north and first thing I do is meet a party of rogues and tiny trolls. I initiate the combat to get in the first swings. The combat is pretty uneventful, I dance around and pick off the characters I can actually hit until I get to the leader, and then everything went downhill:

I was doing slow work on the leader, staying alive drinking potions, good I had enough sense to have shields with me. Norsu, my wizard, was struck very hard and I was afraid he would die, so Katti casts a heal on him. My warriors get the leader down to a very narrow health bar when Katti comes up again and I just click on the enemy target and end up healing him.

I thought I had to override things like this with control character, I had no idea how that was even possible and what happened.

The end result, however, was that I lost two party members before the leader died, then walked to the chest and tried to pick the lock, just to have it poison and kill Rotta.

I went back to an earlier save, which was done before I had sold and sorted out my inventories.

---
Wisened of the experience of what happened before I use some clever tactics against the rogues (ie. not heal them this time). It was an easy fight and the loot wasn't too bad, of course most of my money went into identifying things I already knew. Adventuring life is hard.

In the area there is a horse, I try to mount it in various ways. I checked the manual briefly, but couldn't find anything there. Finally I click on the horse and succesfully mount it, wow, that thing sure is fast.

I run around with the horse and meet a group of trolls, lead by two different types (mani? something like that), and engage them in mortal combat from the horse's back.

I keep happily clicking at various targets, not really watching the scrolling window at all. Something's wrong, though, the battle isn't going the way it is supposed to go, ie. my enemies dead before me.

I check the scrolling window and see all those Out Of Range messages, try to move closer to the enemy, failing to hit them. Now how do I get off this horse? I try jumping, I try clicking on the ground, I do everything BUT click on the horse itself. So I do what all brave warriors do when they meet something very dangerous: I run away and enter the town.

Now there's a way to unmount the horse

---
A bit later I take a quest to enter the graveyard and collect some skulls. I happen onto the crypt and a skeleton lord or something raises from dead, my response is fast.

Naw, Elffi and Possu whack away with their swords, while Norsu blasts away with burn. I was surrounded by skeletons and both Norsu and Rotta started getting hits, so it was Katti's turn to heal them up. Norsu had more HPs so Rotta was the first target.

My characters continue swinging and the skeleton lord and his minions aren't doing too well, I block, dodge and parry, then accidentally AGAIN heal the enemy instead of my party member. At this point I was ready to burn the cat's whiskers and turn it into a coat.

Now if anyone could tell me how this is even possible with the guarded mode, I would be happy to know

---
My first night, I couldn't figure out how to enter the crypt so I decide to explore a bit in spite of the darkness.

I happen upon a windmill and hear various types of monsters being squashed alive. I have a long talk with the pretty lady who starts following me around. I notice an opening into the windmill and do the splat thing, landing on top of a huge hairy spider. I barely survive the fight and climb up up up and on to the top.

Whoah, there's a chest here, but suddenly Norsu gets a lot of damage, so I sidestep, almost falling down. Rotta manages to pick the lock without blowing up the trap on my face and again Norsu takes damage.

What is happening? No matter, Katti uses her spirit magic to bring Norsu up to full strength. Then I start checking ways of going down. I fool around with the ladder for about 10 minutes real time, trying various ways of going down. But I only manage to climb up, most annoying.

Instead of doing save and checking what I am doing wrong with climbing I decide to give it one more try, I jump around like crazy, it seems I am standing on empty air and I step back so I won't fall down, just in reach of the wheel turning around behind me which kills Norsu, Katti, Rotta and injures the rest. I react to this by going forward, still jumping and fall down past the pretty lady on the ground level, right on bottom of the ladder. The fall kills everyone but Possu, who was probably born lucky just to meet his demise in Yule time.

I suppose fall & splat really is the way to climb down.

I was quite frustrated at these proceedings and decided to take a break, come check the board, perhaps learn something new. I really do need a break, otherwise I might end up cursing the game creators for climbing (make that falling) and night

//Naw

naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 11:20 AM   #97
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ever get your ship get too close to the beach?
I was fooling around with the ship....

warrior 1 guides the ship
assassin singing: "row, row, row your boat...gently down the stream..."
warlock and warrior 2 together: "QUIT with the singing!"
assassin whines:
warrior 1: "HEY! look! there's another ship! stranded on the beach!"
warlock: "anyone there?"
warrior 2 scans: "not likely from the looks of it"
assassin: "uh... guys?"

***THUMP!!***

Others: "what the h*ll? HEY! eyow! ow!"
warrior 1: "what happened?"
assassin: "we got too close to the beach....the ship's stuck"
Others: "(unprintable)"

*later, on the beach looking at their own stuck ship*
assassin looks at the others: "Hey! got an idea! how about we get together and push?"
Others:

*much later, assassin nurses his bruised eye and bump on his head*
warlock to others: "well... looks like we have to reload the game..."
Others: "we are in a game?"

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 07-08-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 10:31 PM   #98
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This one just out of my new game....I think the picture says it all.

It's bad enough when they block the tunnel for you, but when they start cussing at each other for being in each other's way...ROFLMAO!!!

"Welcome to Toad Village...now get out of way!" I swear, this place makes me think of a small, "hick" town in Texas!

Just had to share that.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:27 AM   #99
Moni

I am loving all the additional posts that have been made since my last visit here! I am going to go to sleep laughing LOL!

Naw,
Hilarious post! Thanks for sharing your newbie snafus!

Adam & Saz,
ROFL, you always come through with winning funny posts!

Moni

------------------
Old 08-15-2001, 11:14 AM   #100
cloud88
Manshoon

what is this gae all about is it good can you say it`s lika might and magic 8 (if you have played that)
pleas help im thinkin of buying this game so i want to know more about it
/dark wanderer
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote