Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #41
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I use to absoutley love music..Then, after a while, I realized it all kind of sucked

There are very few bands I really even care to listen to anymore.. The Clash, Rush, Iron Maiden, U2 and Alice in Chains are ok. And Bruce Springsteen is good. And Megedeth.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 12-01-2002, 12:08 AM   #42
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

A nonsensical question for most. Changes far too often and encompasses way too many bands. At the moment:

Sonicanimation
White Zombie
AC/DC
The Dandy Warhols
Nine Inch Nails (Reznor: the devil in disguise as god)
The Tea Party
Ween
Chilli Peppers
Sepultura (up to and including Against)

A broad range as you can see. Musical taste is really at the whim of substance slavery.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 12-01-2002, 12:21 AM   #43
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

OZZY & Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, The Moody Blues, Flower Travling Band,Iron Butterfly, Stepenwolf, Uriah Heap, Black Oak Arkansas, Blood Rock, The Eagles when Joe walsh was in the band, The James Gang & CCR!!! But OZZY IS GOD !
Great POST GANG

[ 12-01-2002, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 12-01-2002, 07:13 PM   #44
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
I use to absoutley love music..Then, after a while, I realized it all kind of sucked

There are very few bands I really even care to listen to anymore.. The Clash, Rush, Iron Maiden, U2 and Alice in Chains are ok. And Bruce Springsteen is good. And Megedeth.
Maybe you need to get out more...get off the beaten path so to speak.
There's a world of non-sucked music just waiting to be heard - try something other than MTV or commercial radio. (IMO the music on commercial radio would suck a lot less if they played some songs instead of that steady stream of jingles)
Old 12-01-2002, 11:37 PM   #45
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
quote:

There's a world of non-sucked music just waiting to be heard - try something other than MTV or commercial radio. (IMO the music on commercial radio would suck a lot less if they played some songs instead of that steady stream of jingles)
[/QUOTE]Yeah your probably right..But just so you know I dont EVER watch MTV, its painful. Why does it even have a M in it anymore?

I am not really sure where the line is drawn between commerical raido and non commercial raido.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 12-02-2002, 01:51 AM   #46
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

My current favorites include Henry Rollins,Covenant, VNV Nation,Praga Kahn, and Sheep on Drugs.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:05 AM   #47
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Motorhead, ACDC, Cradle of filth and Axamanta.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:16 AM   #48
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
quote:

[/QUOTE]I agree Leonis.

Whenever I hear someone suggesting that all music sucks, I laugh. It says more about them rather than music.

We of course have two options when confronted with a plethora of music that 'sucks'.

1.Go searching for good music. It exists and in this day and age there is no excuse not to find it. It's a consumers paradise. Access to more cultures, more hostorical and modern music than ever before in human history. Music just keeps getting better. If you use the radio as your only barometer it means you are a SHEEP.

2.Make your own. Yep. It's an inherant talent all humans possess. Make your own music that doesn't suck.

3.Shut the hell up and quit pasting mud on an incredibly rich and diverse medium of human expression. On the language of emotion, that brings people to tears, to laugh, to dance or tap their foot or make their day a little better for a mmoment or two.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-02-2002, 11:42 AM   #49
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

We of course have two options when confronted with a plethora of music that 'sucks'.

1.Go searching for good music. It exists and in this day and age there is no excuse not to find it. It's a consumers paradise. Access to more cultures, more hostorical and modern music than ever before in human history. Music just keeps getting better. If you use the radio as your only barometer it means you are a SHEEP.

2.Make your own. Yep. It's an inherant talent all humans possess. Make your own music that doesn't suck.

3.Shut the hell up and quit pasting mud on an incredibly rich and diverse medium of human expression. On the language of emotion, that brings people to tears, to laugh, to dance or tap their foot or make their day a little better for a mmoment or two.[/QB]
This is the best post (and indeed the best advice) i've seen so far. ABSOLUTELY 100% correct
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo