Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 06:39 AM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Well, Billups has his MVP trophy. There were some people who thought one player for MVP wasn't enough, because it was a team effort, i gotta agree with that to some extend, but i don't think they're going to hand out THAT many trophy's.

I hope for the Piston's sake that they can keep this team together. I hear the Knicks have serious interrest in Rasheed, who is an unrestricted free agent after the finals. I'm also curious who will be back on LA's roster next year. Free agents on their roster are among others Bryant, Fisher, Payton, Malone, Medvedenko, and Fox, so there might be a completely different team in LA next year.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:37 AM   #42
Nerull
Lord Ao

Being a rabid Lakers hater, I am so glad to see the Pistons win (never gave them a chance to win going into the series, but still good to see it). I'm glad the Lakers have so many free agents. Hopefully, that means a "rebuilding" year coming up. Personally never liked Malone or Payton, so glad to see them come up short, as well.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-16-2004, 08:37 AM   #43
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

johnny, I think Sheed will stay.. he is happy in Detroit... very happy in fact... So I guess Detroit will resign him... or perhaps not if they let Darko play... that's what I figured. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I still like Payton... but Lakers ball is not his style. Phil Jackson must be depressed... he has never hit a low like that I think... hahaha
Old 06-16-2004, 09:30 AM   #44
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
johnny, I think Sheed will stay.. he is happy in Detroit... very happy in fact... So I guess Detroit will resign him... or perhaps not if they let Darko play... that's what I figured. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I still like Payton... but Lakers ball is not his style. Phil Jackson must be depressed... he has never hit a low like that I think... hahaha
Yeah, i have no doubts he's VERY happy right now.

I don't know how much room under the salarycap the Pistons have though, and i know for a fact that the Knicks have plenty, with the exception of Marbury there's nothing but junk on their roster.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #45
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

johnny you are right there. They probably won't sign my former idol Penny Hardaway (I think I still like him though) unless he agrees to lower his salary for them. He is a very good role-player still even if he wasted his superstar opportunity or rather his injuries made him just a role-player... how sad.

Pistons still have a pretty nice cap since they got Rasheed, but then he is also getting old. So most probably with what I think they might sign a one-year contract to further train Darko or perhaps even a two-year contract. I mean you usually don't break a championship team in hopes of winning another one right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 AM   #46
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Agreed, but i guess it's up to Joe Dumars, even more than Larry Brown. But i also guess it's pretty safe to say Dumars knows how to build a winning team.

I forgot that Hardaway was playing with the Knicks, is he a free agent next year ? I agree it's sad to see him struggle these days, in his Orlando days he was one of the better players in the league. I take it his marketvalue isn't too high at the moment, but who'd sign him ?

What i don't really understand is why Milicic got so few minutes this season, almost zip, while he was what.... the third pick overall ? That's one minor issue i can mention on Brown, he doesn't seem to have faith in rookies, no matter what qualities they have. In my own NBA season (NBA Live 2004) he saw plenty of minutes, and averaged 11.2 fieldgoals in the regular season.