Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well I just have been through a lot of posts lately and it just seems that the mods are being picked on for just being themselves. It seems that THEY are meant to give up their spare time to help with this site but then when they want to post their opinion about something in a debate or such they get backslapped cos of it, people saying that mods should mind their own buisness. I mean they ARE people as well as mods and it seems that some posters dont realise this. Now I may be taking this out of context but it seems they are just taking a lot of crap recently. Of course knowing me, IM WRONG

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-20-2001, 07:22 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What! Memnoch is a person? I thought he was Lucifer, Beelzebub, Satan?

...no hang on that's not right, I shouldn't call him that.....

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-20-2001, 07:23 PM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What! Memnoch is a person? I thought he was Lucifer, Beelzebub, Satan?

...no hang on that's not right, I shouldn't call him that.....

I have a feeling its Mephistopheles(sp?)

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-20-2001, 07:24 PM   #4
Hesperex

Can't say I had noticed any anti mod behavior around here myself but if that is the case then listen people lay off the mods lest you find a dagger in your back. (or my new sword ) ...depends of my mood

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 08-20-2001, 07:29 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

personally, i havent seen any un-mod behavior these past few days, but that doesnt mean its not there. but still, ppl should lay off the mods, lest they find their accout somewhat... less substantial in the IW member database

------------------
With each kill, I grow wiser, and with added wisdom, I grow stronger. Does anybody have any idea what this means?
Old 08-20-2001, 07:41 PM   #6
Sentinel04
The Magister

I agree with you Azure, but I think the um, 'problem' that occured with a certain mod was just a big misunderstanding.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:50 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think the mods do a great job, havent seen where any took an inordinate amount of shit.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:51 PM   #8
Lord Shield

He an't be Beelzebub because I am on the Abyss - here - eat some of my flies - tasty bluebottles to crawl around inside your stomach

To be perfectly honest, any issues with mods should be taken to e-mail - slating off mods in a publicly viewed thread does not look good to new members

All lie up for spanking

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 08-20-2001).]

Old 08-20-2001, 07:52 PM   #9
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
I agree with you Azure, but I think the um, 'problem' that occured with a certain mod was just a big misunderstanding.
Yes I know what you are talking about but I have noticed other incidents lately, but like I said I could be taking it the wrong way.

------------------

Old 08-20-2001, 07:56 PM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Of course there is a fine line between being a Mod and being a poster, but I think it is usually pretty easy to tell which mode is being taken. I believe the main incedent in question was a misunderstanding, rather than Mod abuse (can you go to jail for that?)

The Mods do a great job here, but I guess (sigh) we have to admit they are people too

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time