Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2002, 07:54 AM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Uh, silly question here, but why the heck did you DO that? Wouldn't it have been easier to say you were busy or anything but 'no'? Well, if her friend was interested and now is shot down, my best guess is that your Erica won't be too keen on doing anything with you at least not in the near future....too bad.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:21 AM   #32
Steve Fox
Banned Troll
Drow Warrior

may i just say I did something rather similiar and you will be kicking your self for the rest of your life unless you put it right
Old 11-02-2002, 12:41 PM   #33
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

this doesnt mess things up, use any situation to your advantage. i wouldnt worry about it apologize to her about her friend, and explain things to her. lay it out and be honest. something like "you know I'm sorry about all that with your friend, I didn't really mean it, she was just kinda pissing me off, you know I'm really not a bad guy." depending on the reaction, you can then be like. "well you know what let me prove to you I'm not a bad guy, you know there's a showing of (insert movie name here) playing tonight, why dont you let me take you, you know just to prove that I'm a stand up guy." "if she says anything about not feelin right because of her friend or some other BS liek that, just be like "well you know I'm not asking your friend I am asking you, come one what do you say? I can only promise you one thing and that is that you'll have a good time"
If you play your cards right you'll be doing the old horizontal hokey pokey by the end of the night. before you do this though apologize to her friend and give her a day for her to tell the girl you like that you apologized, it will make you look sensitive and considerate
i should write a book on this stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 08:15 PM   #34
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:

i should write a book on this stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gee the amount of crap you spew out you could write a series [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 08:50 PM   #35
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

All I can say is that you shouldnt have waited so long!! If you had asked out your dream girl last week instead of just posting about it , this whole thing wouldnt have happened. Maybe the next time you meet a girl you like you will act instead of dream.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:51 PM   #36
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
i am no expert matey but I suggest the following ;

Go to the girl you offended tomorrow (even better if the one you like is there to hear things too) and tell the whole truth - you have a real crush on her friend, you have been building up the courage to ask her out - you were nervous as all hell, and just when you were about to pop the question your world came crashing down and your plans went out the window - you panicked, you got flustered, you offended her and you feel like s*** right now. Apologise for hurting her feelings, and even if she doesn't forgive, at least let her understand. Hell, even take a printout of the old thread (though you might want to edit out anything bad you hadn't really intended to say)

The benefits - you won't feel so bad because you have given an apology that you believe you owe (even though you harbour some ill will for the persistence she showed - don't go there), you have shown the other girl (the one you like) a human side in that you were capable of saying you were sorry, and you have shown that girl that you have feelings for her. Let's face it, if you and her are to ever have any chance, she will need to know the truth about these events (chances are still very slim - but the other way they are zero)

Make your apologies, thank them for the opportunity to set the record straight, and leave. The ball is utterly in the other girl's court - if she truly has any interest at all she will eventually let you know.

What do you stand to lose - not a whole lot that I can see - maybe a little more knock to the pride, but I don't see a whole lot of better options suggested. Honesty for me is the only policy, and sometimes too much gets me into trouble. I still believe that it is the best policy though.

Having said all that, you should also take note of the following :

The Donut Decision : Don't listen to Davros - he knows stuff all about women and he can't hold his Fosters

The Mouse Mantra : Davros - what would that guy know about women - he wears orange robes for stuffs sake.

The Nigel Negation : Your no fun Davros - I'd much rather wrestle with Wolfie

The Wolfie Warble : Listen to Davros? - SWEDISH NO!!!!!!

So the risk is all yours buddy - it's now over to your good friends at this forun to tell you what my advice is worth - just my 2 cents, thank you for listening [img]smile.gif[/img]
I would agree with the advice Davros has given here mate. The strong man admits and takes responsibility for his mistakes. No blaming, no finger pointing, - own up, appologise and leave it at that.
Expect nothing from it - don't go into expecting it will fix everything perfectly, life's often not like that - but be brave enough to do the right thing and the people that matter, true friends, will see that in the long run.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:26 PM   #37
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

You had some incredibly bad luck, pal. Mayhaps it´s just best to move on. Changes are high that nothing like this won´t happen again next time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As someone stated, if you don´t run after women during the times when you´re supposed to, you avoid all the breaks and pains, humiliations and such things. Personally, at least, Im happy not having had the pleasure to experience a break up. I´ve been with my first gf only for some time now, and a simple question from friend to friend "do you want to be my bf?" was all the trouble it required. That way Im really in a happy position, never needed to raise a finger to get a gf, and I´ve been asked several times. Oh, but now I sound poserish...

Another matter: Is it really weird not to be interested in women? Now, that´s a tough question.

[ 11-02-2002, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: NiceWorg ]
Old 11-03-2002, 01:57 AM   #38
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I would agree with the advice Davros has given here mate. The strong man admits and takes responsibility for his mistakes. No blaming, no finger pointing, - own up, appologise and leave it at that.
Expect nothing from it - don't go into expecting it will fix everything perfectly, life's often not like that - but be brave enough to do the right thing and the people that matter, true friends, will see that in the long run.
Thanks for the voice of agreement Leonis - well what's happing Mr Dragon - what are the latest developments?
Old 11-03-2002, 02:22 AM   #39
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
lots of good advice...
That's all very wise Davros . And I think it would work if for not one little detail. I don't think you have a chance with this chick, and it has nothing to do with your gaffe and whether you apologise or not. The chick you like and the chick who likes you are best friends. The chick who likes you will have discussed her crush on you and so on with her best friend (the one you like). The chick you like will not want to hurt her best friend. Her going out with you, knowing her best friend wants to go out with you too, will hurt her best friend. Therefore she will not go out with you. That's what best friends do
Old 11-03-2002, 02:40 AM   #40
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
lots of good advice...
That's all very wise Davros . And I think it would work if for not one little detail. I don't think you have a chance with this chick, and it has nothing to do with your gaffe and whether you apologise or not. The chick you like and the chick who likes you are best friends. The chick who likes you will have discussed her crush on you and so on with her best friend (the one you like). The chick you like will not want to hurt her best friend. Her going out with you, knowing her best friend wants to go out with you too, will hurt her best friend. Therefore she will not go out with you. That's what best friends do [/QUOTE]Hi Aelia - I can't argue with any of the points you make - chances are exceedingly slim. I am thinking that is secondary though to the liklihhod that BD will feel better about himself if he straightens things out and apologises though.

By the way, when did you chicks start liking to be called chicks again **grynzz** - I thought that was slowly being politically corrected out of us big bad male types .