Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #1
Vampire

Questions on Neverwinternights

1/ If I have a level 2 Fighter multi to a level 18 Druid.
Is this possible and if so under what races? What weapons/armour
can my druid use and are there any negative effects.
A party of 6 can reach what level roughly?

2/ Are the six (plus one thief) the only NPCs that
can join my party? Because it's an awful selection!!!!
Can i create only 1 start charcher and I assume max party size is 6?

3/ Is it true that I can upgrade my stats ie Strength through the game?
If so how often?

4/ Any suggestions on what class character and what race?

I am thinking of a level 2 Fighter level 18 Druid combo.

5/ Hey how does the XP cap and level rise work for a Wizard Fighter combo for elves?

Thank so much and I am trying to play as much as possible with Eternity away and me at work

sleep less night

THANKX
Old 07-21-2002, 10:37 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Questions on Neverwinternights

1/ If I have a level 2 Fighter multi to a level 18 Druid.
Is this possible and if so under what races? What weapons/armour
can my druid use and are there any negative effects.
A party of 6 can reach what level roughly?

Yes and it's possible with all races, you can use all fighter weapons/armor with no restriction (except possible chance for druid spell failure, but i don't think "divine" spells are affected by armor, only mage/sorceror/bard spells)

the party max is 4 for a mage (in singleplayer) 1 henchmen (which you don't control other than simple instructions they can interpret in their own way) 1 familiar (which acts as a henchman that you can take control of) 1 summon, and your PC in multiplayer the only limit to party size is how many friends you can get together.

3/ Is it true that I can upgrade my stats ie Strength through the game?
If so how often?

yes, and one stat point every 4 levels

4/ Any suggestions on what class character and what race?

I've always been partial to dwarves, but elves are very good to, humans also get an extra skill, called a "feat" like exotic weapons, double bladed swords, katana's, shurikan, other rare weapons, one proficiency covers all the weapons, fighter gives you all simple and martial weapons (ie most of them)

I am thinking of a level 2 Fighter level 18 Druid combo.

sounds good

5/ Hey how does the XP cap and level rise work for a Wizard Fighter combo for elves?

you level one class and then the other, each class is now on the same xp table, and it looks at how many levels your character has to determine how much XP you need for the next lvl (ie a lvl 4 mage/3 fighter counts as a lvl 7 character for how much xp you need to level up to the next one (also counts for when u get stat points) max character level is 20

Thank so much and I am trying to play as much as possible with Eternity away and me at work

sleep less night

no problem

THANKX
Old 07-21-2002, 10:40 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

[/QUOTE]misread 2, the ones listed in the manual are the only ones you can choose from, altho they all have some very cool abilities, and if you script your own NPC's you can copy the main game to the modules folder and import them into the game
Old 07-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #4
AndyG
Elminster

You can only hire one henchperson. You can also summon up to two followers. You have little to no control over your follower's actions.

Followers don't take xp from you, so it doesn't matter whether you play with or without them. You will get extra xp if you use lower level followers, because xp compares the average level of your party with the average level of your foes. If you're level 12 fighting goblins, you'll get little xp. If you summon a low level badger, your party will now average level 7 or 8, so you'll get more xp. You familiar/animal companion will level up as you do, but using a lower level summoning spell will summon a lower level creature.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote