Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 07:44 PM   #1
isis1995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that I am doing something wrong...I am on the third quest in Fell Wood and every time I get to the final glade I encounter three balls of fire that I have to fight. The problem is that most of my magic spells don't seem to work on them - neither do my weapons and I eventually get fried by their electrical bolts that they put out ( I only have three protection spells against this) - any suggestions?
isis1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I didn't have problem with them. I use bow and arrows to kill them.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

They are a tough battle despite Kakero having an easy time. Use any buff spells (haste, bless etc.)you have, and make sure to concentrate on attacking one wisp at a time. Summons are helpful as well. While the wisp are very hard to hit they can be hit so haste, potions of speed are good. As suggested a ranged attack may be another approach if you are having problems. Magic is pretty much useless so have a magic users cast buff spells and summons and when they are not doing anything useful have them attack with ranged weapons.

[ 04-19-2004, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

Using enchanted arrows/bolts are a great tactic, since you won't have to bother chasing the WoW's all over the place.

But when they come into melee range, you can switch to melee weapons.

My experience is that this battle isn't won with magic.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote