Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2003, 07:05 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

So sad to see a once great rugby nation destroyed once again.

Australia 21 New Zealand 50

One dimensional rugby, so predictable - where are they going wrong? I hope they sort themselves out before the world cup.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-26-2003, 07:27 AM   #2
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Australia for the cup......ANY OF 'EM . Davros you can leave the chair now, it's finished.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:42 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

I'm so glad the issue of rugby came up. Australia beat New Zealand 48 to 6 in Sydney last night

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...084214788.html

A terrific game of total domination by Australia. Which followed on from the 64 to 10 obliteration of the Great Britain team at the same venue 12 months ago. From start to finish the Australian team dominated in an exciting display of total rugby that left the patriotic crowd ecstatic. Real rugby at it's best, and it comes at a vital time when the poor relation of rugby in Australia, politely called RAH RAH, is attempting to drum up interest in the world cup later this year. Wether the sports mad nation will warm to this outdated sport remains to be seen but judging from last nights brilliant win against NZ who cares [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-26-2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-26-2003, 08:04 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

That was so confusing... Wellard, joke or no 'Rugby' is Rugby Union and "League" is Rugby League. "League" is never called "Rugby".

Makes a poor expat start seeing double. I was checking the dates of your posts... going crazy. My Dad told me about the rampant All-Black Team the other night. That they demolished South Africa IN South Africa.

I grew up following League. I lost interest during the super league 'war'. Can't believe they got rid of the Rabbitohs only the most successful club ever in the Sydney comp. Looks like they're back and at the bottom... but still kicking.

As for British Rugby and British league... well. We all know they play those two games as well as they do any other sport known to man. Poorly.

Except for darts of course.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-26-2003, 08:17 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
That was so confusing... Wellard, joke or no 'Rugby' is Rugby Union and "League" is Rugby League. "League" is never called "Rugby".

Makes a poor expat start seeing double. I was checking the dates of your posts... going crazy.
I grew up following League. I lost interest during the super league 'war'. Can't believe they got rid of the Rabbitohs only the most successful club ever in the Sydney comp. Looks like they're back and at the bottom... but still kicking.
ooopps [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] My mistake! Like most people in Australia I did not know there was a game of RAH RAH going on... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I believe that the only good players for them was the players they bought from rugby league. Sailor, Rogers and Tiqure, maybe they will buy a few more before the world cup, to make it intresting for the Australians. I supose it is like taking the soccer world cup to the US in a vain attempt to convert the locals....good luck is what I say.

Yorick
The super league war is well and truely behind us. The game has never been stronger or more even *except souths [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] * but like they say in the US "the south will rise again"...one day

[ 07-26-2003, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

Old 07-26-2003, 08:17 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey come on Yorick - we Aussies don't do all that bad with the "arrers" either - cough 2 world championships last year cough cough

As for the rugby - I feel no pain. I am totally numb after just watching my beloved Brisbane Lions lose the match of the year by 1 bloody point (104-103) - arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!. Everything else pales into insignificance.

Oh - Donut - I hear the Saffies are ripe for the plucking according to Nasser . Hows all that goin then .
Old 07-26-2003, 08:26 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hey come on Yorick - we Aussies don't do all that bad with the "arrers" either - cough 2 world championships last year cough cough

As for the rugby - I feel no pain. I am totally numb after just watching my beloved Brisbane Lions lose the match of the year by 1 bloody point (104-103) - arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!. Everything else pales into insignificance.

Oh - Donut - I hear the Saffies are ripe for the plucking according to Nasser . Hows all that goin then .
Exactly Davros! *BTW it sounded like a corker match* If Donut wants to wind us up he will have to try better than RAH RAH. Maybe netball...OK we lost to NZ in the final but did we not hammer the poms along the way?

Maybe swimming? nah he wont go there. Basketball? Nah we are u19 world champions this week so he will not touch that. I'll sit down in front of the telly and watch England V Saffies for some insparation

Old 07-26-2003, 09:04 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i watched the game.. it was my first time too in the olympic stadium.. too bad aussie lost that time..

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-26-2003, 09:48 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
i watched the game.. it was my first time too in the olympic stadium.. too bad aussie lost that time..
I was there too...what a disaster. Outclassed, pure and simple. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #10
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
As for British Rugby and British league... well. We all know they play those two games as well as they do any other sport known to man. Poorly.

Guess you've been out of the loop for too long Yorick. We hammered Australia and New Zealand at Rugby recently. We're number One!!!!!!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show