Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2002, 11:31 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Few years ago I got this game from Sierra called Birthright: Gorgons alliance. I never played it much because I thought it was so complicated and I had no idea what was going on. But I recently dug it up out of sheer boredom and started playing and it is simply great once you figure out how to play it [img]smile.gif[/img] . I played it till 7 o clock this morning and I'm kinda hooked.

Anyone else played it?
Old 02-24-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yea, I played it a while and loved it too. Great mix of turn-based strategic combat and little dungeon-crawls. Those adventures are awfully bug-ridden though. That's a shame. It could have been a lot better if it had gotten 'polished' properly.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:08 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Great game [img]smile.gif[/img] Loved it SO much [img]smile.gif[/img]

Needed to have a few bugs removed though.....
Old 02-24-2002, 02:44 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Few years ago I got this game from Sierra called Birthright: Gorgons alliance. I never played it much because I thought it was so complicated and I had no idea what was going on. But I recently dug it up out of sheer boredom and started playing and it is simply great once you figure out how to play it [img]smile.gif[/img] . I played it till 7 o clock this morning and I'm kinda hooked.

Anyone else played it?

I bought the game and had a similar experience as you, but I have yet to really play it. That good, huh?

Mark
Old 02-25-2002, 05:23 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Yeah, but like the others said, the adventures are very bad. But I love the strategy part
Old 02-25-2002, 09:59 AM   #6
fable
Quintesson

It's funny: I reviewed Birthright for CNET's then-Gamecenter. Gave it moderated approval--I also thought the adventures didn't work too well, and combat was lacking in options, but the AI was good, and the overal strategy, and variety of choices, were great.

Within a few days of submitting my review, my editor got back with me asking me to reconsider it. I looked it over, changed a few words, and resubmitted it.

The review never ran. My editor instead chose to run a review by someone on staff who thought the game was atrocious, and had evidently convinced my editor of this fact privately. This new review in fact said that the adventures were the only good thing in the product. I never got any work again from that editor (whom I'd done a lot for, over two years). Ironically enough, the jerk has since gone on to work for--Sierra.