Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 05:53 AM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Good morning (or night) everyone! Managed to sneak on for another couple of hours today!

Since everyone else has been showing their items about the board, i thought i'd join in. Actually what i whant is feedback, wepons too strong\weak, crap histories, unbalancing game, crap name etc..... just be honest! BTW this is a loooong post (dont shout at me memnoch!)

Item 1 : Dragons Wrath +3

Dragons Wrath +3 (2handed sword)

This sword belonged to Gaddunk, an evil dwarf and self confessed drunk that had a reputation for (amongst other things) dragon slaying. Gaddunk and his brother Tholk forged this weapon to aid them in their numerous barfights. Only after they were subsequently attacked by a silver dragon for no reason did the items more "intresting" abilities come to light. While his brother ran, Tholk, who was carrying the weapon felt his fear slip away, felt stronger and felt the swords deep hatred compell him to attack.

The dragon became irritated by the dwarf scratching his knees, so he bent down and consumed the little dwarf in one go. Gaddunk who was still running saw the dragon take to the air, but something was amiss.

Shortly after the dragon began flying it came crashing back to the ground, dead, missing Gaddunk by a few short feet. It had apparently choaked on Tholks weapon. After a quick retrevial of the sword in question, Gaddunk proclaimed himself a dragon slayer. Though if he could actually kill one remains debateable.

STATISTICS:
Equipped abilities:
15% resistance to fire
15% resistance to lightining
15% resistance to acid
15% resisrance to cold
-Immunity to fear

THACO: +3bonus
Damage: 1d12 +3, double damage to dragons
Damage type: Slashing
Weight: 11
Speed Factor: 6
Proficency Type: 2-Handed swords
Type: 2 handed
Requires: 14 strength
Not Useable By:
Mage
Cleric
Theif
Druid
Good Characters

Item 2: The Mirror +2

The mirror, like its namesake, has the ability to show the truth, and dispell even the heavy disguises. This staff saw much use in a small village outside trademeet during the witch hunts several hundred years ago. The inhabitants were ready to tear the place in two searching for "witches" and other deviants. Luckily the timley arrival of an Inquisitor carrying this weapon allowed the townsfolk to see how petty and pointless their fighting was, and subsequently accepted magic users as gifted people rather than evil ones.

The staff was then lost for several generations, reportedly ending up with a queen, whos husband had some repute of wooing the ladies. Each night she would enquire his activities and each night he would deny any involvement with "those girls". When she obtained this item however he told her a tale of quite a length of his various conquests.

Though the only murder victim was his wife, there was no murder weapon so she remained free. Whether this was or wasn't the murder too, its abilities are still intact.

STATISTICS:
Equipped abilities:
AC Bonus: +2

Special Abilities:
Can Cast Dispel Magic 3 time per day
Can cast true sight twice per day
Can cast pierce magic twice per day

THACO: +2 Bonus
Damage: 1d6+2
Damage Type: Crushing
Weight:3
Speed Factor:1
Proficency type: Quarterstaff
Type: 2 handed
Requires 5 strength
Not Usable by:
Evil Characters

Whew! more later.....

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-11-2001, 06:02 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Give me a couple of weeks and I should have them ready. I'm still finishing off something for Rikard and Ertai

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-11-2001, 06:04 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Actually Memnoch, there sitting on my party as we speak

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 06:29 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Actually Memnoch, there sitting on my party as we speak

Oh, ok

So what was that AntiPaladin sword you wanted?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-11-2001, 06:35 AM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Actually, i'm not sure.

+4, 15% chance of disintegration?

------------------