Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 10:37 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Well, seems as though I am never content. Based on what I learned in earlier games (unfinished) I have started BGII over (again) as a fighter/thief. I know it is possible to get both the Mae'var and D'Arnisse strongholds by completing the assosiated quests (and I am an unabashed "greed head"). What I don't know is how to keep them since both require attention within specified time frames (e.g. - what happens when thieves return for assignments if I'm trying to get Imoen out of Spellhold?). Can you get the Shadow Thieves' aid without performing the Renal Bloodscalp quest? If so, is his quest still available once you get back from Spellhold? Or, if you don't make it back within the allotted time, is the Guild lost forever? Same basic questions apply to the D'Arnisse stronghold (like to have the Flail of Ages for Vampire whacking).

Potential Catfight(s): Being rather Narcissistic, I noticed when downloading the bonus CD items from BG Dungeon (thanks, Charlie) that there was a romance script override. I have decided to try it out. It alleges that all three romances scripts will continue throughout the game. Since, in an earlier game, Viconia made it clear that she would do unspeakable things to any rival, I am wondering if a really nasty catfight will break out. If so, my guess is Aerie is toast but Viconia and Jaheira could be an alltime classic. Knowing my luck though, half way through the fight they'd realize how much they have in common, dump me and form the "Well Balanced, If Somewhat Homicidal, Retreat For Lesbian Adventurers With Serious Issues And Attitudes."
Old 02-21-2001, 10:52 AM   #2
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey IR long time since you have been here.the keep quest give you like 5 days to respond and the cat fights are an exchange of words forcing you to chose one or the other(not that impressive)and the patch is buggy,very buggy.the women can't walk,and i mean CAN'T walk.it caused me to reinstall the game it after removing it from the program file