Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2002, 04:35 AM   #1
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

I've just been playing around and i've noticed something, Khalid is SO weak and a complete coward! I mean my Khalid takes hits from Gnolls, even though his wearing Full plate mail and wielding a kick-arse weapon. But i don;t want to diss him cause then Jaheira goes. And i can;t kill him, it weights on my concious. Is everyone having these annoying probs with him?
Old 09-01-2002, 04:50 AM   #2
Saoric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well; I've never played long with Khalid and Jaheira. Maybe Khalid gets better after a while with a lot more expierence, but I don't now.

I always exchange Khalid for Ajantis and Jaheira for Branwen; I don't think this is a spoiler; I won't post where they are; ask me in a private message if you want to know.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:11 AM   #3
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

But i've played BGII and romance with Jaheira, so u can see i want to hang on to her. And to that i'm past beginning stage, and Khalid is still pretty weak. Oh yeah cheers i;m a Dungeon Master! Oh yeah i wish people would ask more noobie questions, i want to answer as well as ask.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:59 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

To split up the "dual" party members (Jaheira/Khalid or Minsc/Dynaheir) send the one you want to leave behind in a house in one of the villages and remove them from your party, as long as they don't speak to the protagonist (your character) their "partner" will not leave you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2002, 03:41 PM   #5
Fiend
Manshoon

Druids IMHO are rubbish in TOSC. I usually keep Khalid,quayle,branwen,yeslick and imoen. Keep the clerics for summon spells:
***Spoiler***
With Yeslick and Branwen casting summon skeleton 3 times each and then the skeletons attacking in CC and everyone else attacking with ranged weapons Drizzt didnt stand a chance!!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 03:51 PM   #6
Hesperex

hehe I never liked Khalid either, tis years since I placed the original BG but I just used to kill Khalid, id strip him bear and stand him infront of the party and stick a few arrows and crossbow bolts in his chest. Or sometimes id burn him with low level flame spells or poison him muwhaha.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:56 AM   #7
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Khalid's strength is 15, if I remember correctly.

Possible spoiler...
A certain encounter will yield a pair of gauntlets that can increase strength. Put these on Khalid and he becomes a very good fighter.
I kept Khalid, but let his sharp tongued, complaining wife Jaheira get killed in High Hedge. Just in time to pick up Kivan.
My party was: Me as Paladin, Ajantis, Khalid, Kivan, Yeslick, Imoen.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 03:02 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Powergaming-wise, Khalid and Jahiera both suck in BG1. Khalid's stats are mediocre at best, and he wasted a proficency star in Axe. Jaheira's stats are also less than noteworthy, and Druids get only ONE good spell in BG1--Call Lightning, which doesn't work indoors....and can you think of any of the toughest fights that take place in the open air? Me neither.

Roleplaying-wise, I can put up with Jaheira's bitching a lot longer than I can stand Khalid.
Me: "Attack that Ogrillion!" Khalid: "Oh, my heart's really not in this."
Me: "Go over there and open that door!" Khalid: "I can but try."
Me: "I've decided to use you as live bait." Khalid: "If none are better."
I'd much rather use Ajantis. His voice is just as annoying, but at least he has better stats.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #9
Jan

Khalid is a wuzz and very annoying [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

In fact the NPC's are even more annoying than in BGII [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2002, 07:57 AM   #10
Keraptisdm
Elminster

I found Khalid's stuttering amusing.
Khalid and Jaheira deserved each other! Here's a scary thought: Imagine what living in their house would be like (when they're not adventuring)? Ugh.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote