Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
Arcanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i started a new BG2 session and i want any tips in order to make it the best multiplayer game.I have a lan connection.
A few things i m having trouble with are: i have the main character but the other guy can't travel on its own unless i gather my party before venturing forth.is there a way to split the party?e.x i want to travel to docks and my friend to the druids grove.

Is there a multiplayer action where i can form a party and my friend one and fight each other???
any new tips for multiplayer are most welcome
give your opinions about SoA on LAN!!!

[ 03-15-2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Arcanis ]
Old 03-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

No. In SP, you and your NPCs have to go to the same area. Same thing with MP.

No. You can force-attack each other, but there isn't a way that I know of to make the other players hostile.

I prefer TCP/IP, to be quite honest. It works better. However, it's a pain in the butt to synchronize the mods so that they're the same.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
Arcanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have tcp/ip myself.such a same my friend controls 3 npcs but it would be more fun if he could go anywhere with them without the main character....any more tips???..patches for example or anything else?
Old 03-15-2004, 01:23 PM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

It's hardcoded, IIRC.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 PM   #5
Arcanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just dont understand what you're saying....
Old 03-15-2004, 04:38 PM   #6
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
By hardcoded, he means that keeping your party together is not something that someone could change with a patch.

I don't think there are any patches out there specifically for multiplayer. You should be able to use most of the mods made for sp games, as long as both you and your friend have the exact same ones.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:45 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Olorin:
You should be able to use most of the mods made for sp games, as long as both you and your friend have the exact same ones.
In the exact same order.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:45 AM   #8
IranicuS
The Magister

well you could travel whit some to ohter locations with cheats...but i don't think thats a really good option...ans I don't know if you can enter caves or something in the area without the others..
Old 03-16-2004, 02:27 PM   #9
Arcanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So any good patch and where to get it would be usefull.The pc s are in my house so i wont have any trouble synchronizing the mods and the patches do i?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #10
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
A good list of mods is available in the sticky thread "Comprehensive BG2 Mod List ~Updated 9 Mar 2004~"

It also has links of where to find the mods (you can find full descriptions at the mod sites)
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote