Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

Hello all. In 2 previous completions of the game i never noticed that there was a western tunnel in the underdark where there are Kuo-Tao (or whatever). Any way, i'm having issues with the demon knights near the demogorgan statue. My party is a Wild Mage, Minsc, Korgan, Jaheira, Sir Anomen, and Imoen. I think I noticed in my last attemt that Mordenkainen's Sword is immune to the Demon Knights damage. I could possibly cast up to 3 of these and occupy 3 of the 5 demon knights with them if i maneuver properly.

The demon knights seem to be immune to fire. I tried upping all my characters resistances and blasting off a few fireballs and sunfires.

If i can get away from their level drains, Minsc and Korgan can take on a demon knight. I've tried summoning some creatures and skeletons to help but it just doesn't really help much.

I succesfully "mazed" one of the knights, but was just overwhelmed again when he was released.

Since the demon knights each dispell the party, buffing up before the fight seems hopeless. If you've been these baddies, what tactics did you use? I'm going to go try summoning 3 mordenkainens swords and hope.

(i sure miss the search feature here... i'm sure someone's asked about these guys before)

dulouz.
dulouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Spoilers...

Demon Knights
Strength: 18
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 11
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 10

Resistances
Fire: 100
Magic Fire: 100
Magic: 75

Demon Knights
The best advice I can give you is to conjure the strongest monsters that you have. Have your characters also cast illusions to distract the other knights and have the majority of your party attack one knight at a time. The most recommended one to attack is the one carrying Soul Reaver, Armor of the Hart, and Girdle of Frost Giant Strength.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Captain SlackBladder
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also, before summoning them , try positioning your party in the door way so that you only attack the demon knights one at a time. Make sure that your tanks are in the front and ranged / spell casters are behind.

Failing that, you could try casting improved haste on yourself and then
spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~