Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 12:06 PM   #1
Waluin

Its an older work, but its by a group called "Spiritualized". The full title of it 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in Space'. It's set to Cannon in D and sounds absolutely wonderful.

Btw - does anyone use AOL Instant Messenger at all? I have my up constantly and I havent gotten feedback on that.
\'Some vices miss what is right because they are deficient, others because they are excessive, in feelings or in actions, while virtue finds and chooses the mean.\'<P>Aristotle <BR>\"Nichomachean Ethics\"
Old 12-11-2001, 12:23 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
Its an older work, but its by a group called "Spiritualized". The full title of it 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in Space'. It's set to Cannon in D and sounds absolutely wonderful.

Btw - does anyone use AOL Instant Messenger at all? I have my up constantly and I havent gotten feedback on that.

Hmm, I know the band and I know the song - don't you think it's a bit overproduced? Maybe the song you mentioned isn't as bad, but a song like Stop your Crying is a good example of overproduction... Spiritualized is known for its bombast.
Not really my cup of tea, but I can understand it why someone would like it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2001, 12:37 PM   #3
Waluin

well its not overproduced for me since I just found it, eh?

I also like "Broken Heart" on that CD. Starts out with choir music.

I should prolly ammend the fact that I like their slow, quiet stuff. I dont like their quote "Bombastic" stuff.
\'Some vices miss what is right because they are deficient, others because they are excessive, in feelings or in actions, while virtue finds and chooses the mean.\'<P>Aristotle <BR>\"Nichomachean Ethics\"
Old 12-11-2001, 01:14 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
well its not overproduced for me since I just found it, eh?

LOL, Waluin. I think what Groj means by over-produced is that the piece in question has an overly smooth and bland production (you know, sound engineering, mixing and all that). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2001, 02:06 PM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

LOL, Waluin. I think what Groj means by over-produced is that the piece in question has an overly smooth and bland production (you know, sound engineering, mixing and all that). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, with "overproduced" I meant that for the latest Spiritualized album called Let it Come Down, Jason Pierce (the man behind the group) hired two complete choirs, and used about a hundred musicians playing violins, saxophones, flutes etc. For the afore mentioned Stop your crying, he used many different layers of bombast to practically clogger up his songs, making it songs you'd probably encounter a lot on bad christmas compilations. It's just all a little too much to my taste.

But erm, realizing now that this discussion was about his previous album, Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space, and not the group on the whole, and certainly not his latest album in specific, I have probably overdone it a little to bother you with my reflections on his last album instead... Sorry about that. His previous album was indeed better, so I apologize.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:18 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

mmm i like Spiritualized...have good live shows.

The best light shows when everyone there is so...er...ahem...they really had the crowd grooving...