Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 07:10 PM   #51
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Cloudy,
I won't deny for a second that it was painful but honestly the scariest thing...is that now it hurts to laugh...trying to refrain from laughing or cracking jokes...its SO hard! KHaN and I both are amazed at just how much time we spent laughing every day and having to watch ourselves is very tough!
I do have health insurance as of this afternoon and will be seeing a (good) local Dr in two weeks for a check-up. I think all will turn out well. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ryanamur,
Thanks again. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think I'll be OK here soon now that I have some medical insurance again...it is just not having any that makes getting any help so next to impossible.

School is going absolutely great! If I can just make it through the next two weeks, I expect to have an even higher GPA than last semester (provided I get at least a "C" in Elementary Algebra or an IP...the instructor in that class is so horrible I had to get out of her class completely...I won't even try to go into it, let's just say that if she has a teaching job next semester it is because she is filling a quota for handicapped employees...I had the head of the Math Dept.'s jaw on her desk telling her the horror stories we students have had to endure when I had to go to her for the transfer). I am making mid-to-high "A"'s in everything else.

The.Relic,
*HUGS*
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
I am glad there is someone out there who understands! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I hope neither one of us ever have to experience it again!

Neb & Cody,
Its true, money makes the world go 'round and it is most unfortunate that in this capitalist society, the bigger the need, the higher the price. Health in the mind....hmmmm.....yes indeed, I do feel good!

Aelia Jusa,
Thank You. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hercules and Sugar say "Woof!" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bahamut,
I don't know what to say to you! Telling me first to flirt with God and now to kick the crap out of Him!
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
You better be careful He don't come looking for YOU! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Wow... laughters normally good for you, that must be annoying not being able to laugh, but dion't worry, you have to be alright for the while, where else would all the stray animals go??
Old 04-19-2002, 07:10 PM   #52
Pangur Ban

Moni, I'm very, very, happy that you're still here with us !!

Blessings, purrz, and take it easy ..

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #53
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Try to keep stress out of your life (I know, it can be a hard task sometimes) as much as possible. I say this cause I remember a few years ago I had an extremely stressful life, and had chest pains for about three weeks straight, all the time every day. Went to the doctor, they didn't find anything. Haven't experienced those kinds of pains before that or since then. Dunno how, but stress does somehow hit you in two places, the heart, and the lower back (which I've known for a long time now). Not to say that stress is the actual cause of your problem, but merely mean it makes things worse, if that makes sense? Just take it EASY and I hope that you get a clean bill of health when you see that doctor. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #54
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh heh Moni, yes lets hope we don't have to experience this again.
Yes indeed, the health of the mind is the real key. LofA and I are both carreer construction workers and injuries and illness are part and parcel of the trade. Due to my line of work I have had numerous concussions, gashes and stitches, pnuemonia 4 times, several heat strokes as well as dehydration and hypoxia on a regular basis during summer, (nothing like losing 7-10 pounds in a day and blacking out several times before you decide that maybe you better call it a day to make you have to miss a few days work recovering, heh heh ), several neck and back injuries, 2nd and 3rd degree burns more falls than I care to remember and some minor fractures to name some, heh. As I get on in years I really feel many of those old injuries impeding my health and resilience. If not another heart attack, it will be something else sooner or later. But is the glass half empty, or half full? For me it will always be half full. No matter what happens to me, I look on the bright side of life. Illness or injury I will never surrender to defeatism no matter what the odds, I have beaten them so many times before. One day some illness or injury will finally claim me, but I will fight to my dying breath, look to the good that life has bestowed upon me, and treasure the wonders and joys that I have experienced through both adversity and bounty. The mind is truly a powerful ally. . *Hugs* back to you dear Moni [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-19-2002, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]
Old 04-19-2002, 08:43 PM   #55
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Our political and philosophical differences aside, I still think of you as part of my IW family. Do take care of yourself and don't hesitate to go to a hospital if you are suffering chest pains.

My best wishes to you and my prayers as well.

Ray
That really means a lot to me, Ray, thank you so much.
God Bless You
*HUGS*
Monique

Old 04-19-2002, 08:49 PM   #56
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Wow... laughters normally good for you, that must be annoying not being able to laugh, but dion't worry, you have to be alright for the while, where else would all the stray animals go??
Isn't that a kicker...laughter is the best medicine...but not if you have a problem with your ticker!
I totally understand now how my son "killed" a man as a kid when he told a joke, the man laughed, and then had a heart attack and died!
It's so hard not to laugh and kid around! I never realized until yesterday that 99.9% of my time with KHaN is spent doing just that. Its like our hands are tied...life is very boring without fun

Old 04-19-2002, 08:50 PM   #57
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
Moni, I'm very, very, happy that you're still here with us !!

Blessings, purrz, and take it easy ..

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
*HUGS*
*PURRZ*
Thank You!

Old 04-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #58
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Try to keep stress out of your life (I know, it can be a hard task sometimes) as much as possible. I say this cause I remember a few years ago I had an extremely stressful life, and had chest pains for about three weeks straight, all the time every day. Went to the doctor, they didn't find anything. Haven't experienced those kinds of pains before that or since then. Dunno how, but stress does somehow hit you in two places, the heart, and the lower back (which I've known for a long time now). Not to say that stress is the actual cause of your problem, but merely mean it makes things worse, if that makes sense? Just take it EASY and I hope that you get a clean bill of health when you see that doctor. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I did delete the only source of stress out of my life...My Math Instructor lol.
It is looking more and more like I probably have a blocked artery.
I have been keeping an absolutely horrid diet for the last couple of months...fried lunches and KHaN's microwavable dinners...I know better.
As long as I sit still the pressure in my chest is minimized. The more I exert myself, the more pressure/pain I feel so until I can get checked out completely, I am kicking back and watching TV or sleeping (more sleeping than anything) and everyone around me has jumped to take care of most all of my responsibilities around here. I am so blessed to have KHaN and his parents in my life! I could never have asked for a better family. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2002, 09:05 PM   #59
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Heh heh Moni, yes lets hope we don't have to experience this again.
Yes indeed, the health of the mind is the real key. LofA and I are both carreer construction workers and injuries and illness are part and parcel of the trade. Due to my line of work I have had numerous concussions, gashes and stitches, pnuemonia 4 times, several heat strokes as well as dehydration and hypoxia on a regular basis during summer, (nothing like losing 7-10 pounds in a day and blacking out several times before you decide that maybe you better call it a day to make you have to miss a few days work recovering, heh heh ), several neck and back injuries, 2nd and 3rd degree burns more falls than I care to remember and some minor fractures to name some, heh. As I get on in years I really feel many of those old injuries impeding my health and resilience. If not another heart attack, it will be something else sooner or later. But is the glass half empty, or half full? For me it will always be half full. No matter what happens to me, I look on the bright side of life. Illness or injury I will never surrender to defeatism no matter what the odds, I have beaten them so many times before. One day some illness or injury will finally claim me, but I will fight to my dying breath, look to the good that life has bestowed upon me, and treasure the wonders and joys that I have experienced through both adversity and bounty. The mind is truly a powerful ally. . *Hugs* back to you dear Moni [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yikes LOL It sounds like we have been competing for the most injuries in one lifetime! I've only had one concussion and one heat stroke but I can relate to the rest of your list and raise you a skull fracture and numerous internal injuries !
After you see you are still alive after what you think has been by far the worst and putting your head between your legs to kiss your a$$ goodbye turned out to be in vain, it is easy to learn to see the glass as half full and to appreciate what of your life you have had no matter how long it ends up being...I know there have been other people in this world who have suffered far more than me in far less time than I have lived and I am grateful for every day that I wake up to face another day, be it easy or not, its all I've got and to not make the best of it is a waste.
Thank you for your words of wisdom, may everyone who reads them take them to heart.
*HUGS*
Monique

Old 04-19-2002, 09:48 PM   #60
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, no competition here. I leave that to the young and virile folks [img]smile.gif[/img]
That was just the work related stuff, you don't even want to get me going on the personal things [img]smile.gif[/img]
Moni I am really thrilled that you are doing better and that you have a wonderful outlook on life. I hope nothing ever causes you to lose it.