Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 06:05 AM   #21
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I have said this before and I will say it again. What is the point of having Aerie and giving her all these cool items to make her acceptably good. Why not just have someone who is good in the first place and give them the items to make them awesome? Surely the logic of that isn't too hard to follow, even for Aerie lovers.
As for her being able to do the work of two people it has to be admitted that you need other people to back her up on all of her primary functions. She can't turn undead (possibly the most useful clerical aspect in my view), she is not a primary spell caster, and she is only good in combat at taking out the leftovers.

And I forget who said it but they are right - BG2 did not need another multi class mage. Three theif/mages... why...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:11 AM   #22
tehmpus
The Magister

I hate to be snide, but Aerie CAN turn undead.

But why on Earth would you want to scare them away when you could mass slaughter them instead. Aerie has yee ol Sunray spell in my game. Couple her spell with a couple Sunray casting items that can be found, and pretty much any undead minion... or group thereof... will lay down and die in a fabulous display of disintegrating flesh.

That is the kind of wanted destruction that pleases the God of War.

But sure, Aerie could merely scare em away if she wanted to with Turn Undead.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-31-2001, 07:13 AM   #23
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Sorry - I'm being stupid.

I always find that high level Turn Undead just makes the undead in question explode. I still seem to get xp's for it. Although the wanton destructin sounds fun you can do that with any cleric.

In terms of high amusment factor what I found recently that seemed to be quite good was a bard with:
Amulet of Power,
Ring of Gaxx,
Crom Faeyr,
and the Equaliser,
casting Tensers Transformation on himself and using Improved Haste from the ring of Gaxx to take on the whole of Bodhi's lair in chapter 6. That was interesting, bits of Vampire being scraped off the roof for weeks to come I would have thought...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:50 PM   #24
Aurum
Manshoon

Interesting, Aerie has most posibility of kill to a lich that Anomen, per his nature.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:06 PM   #25
SecretMaster
Apophis

Aerie's a goner. We'll soon spread this plague to end her existence. The battle has already started, and u Aerie fans, i guess u want to live in a city of gnomes, cuz that's wut she would create. She calls it, Quayle City, how touching...

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden