Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 07:36 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

just want to talk about SC here

I havent touched SC for two years, and this thanksgiving, out of incredible boredom, I picked it up and played it

geesh, did I suck or b.net players's average status just increased? I lost 50% of the games... damn

some awesome building order, units control and niffty nasty tricks became so commonly known. everyone knows how to mass produce hydra+ lings or a fast flying-bug (dont remember the name of that zerg unit's name) rush

generally, zergs dominate SC, toss players suck. and all terran players mass produce marines. (except few good ones like me dont fall into the catagory, buahahaha)

I fought a toss dude in classic hunter (I hate money map, by the way) it was one on two (GODDAMN!!! I and another player fought him) he basically took the north center and controled five expansions... Jesus, then produced/upgraded lots of zealots (3/3 with speed upgrade), and combine them with several goons. and start mass produce carriers

me and the other zerg got ass wooped by zealots + carrier cobination... couldnt breach his defense... **thumb up** I am outa shape
Old 11-28-2001, 07:45 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

250, your just rusty. those were newbie combos, believe it or not, and easily handled by my tank/valk or tank/goliath or whatever Terran units i choose to build combos at the time... and i usually turn them all slappy. i use cheap tactics too (professional nuker, here!), so i eat newbies for breakfast! if you want i could play you sometime, maybe...
Old 11-28-2001, 07:56 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
250, your just rusty. those were newbie combos, believe it or not, and easily handled by my tank/valk or tank/goliath or whatever Terran units i choose to build combos at the time... and i usually turn them all slappy. i use cheap tactics too (professional nuker, here!), so i eat newbies for breakfast! if you want i could play you sometime, maybe...

newbie combos? whatever dude, I played that game for one year with some of the best players. those are not newbie combos. as a matter of fact, there were the secret moves for top players back then... ofc, back then. that is why it is so overused these days

goliaths dont handle carriers as a rule (on 70% of the maps)

and tanks along cannot breach toss defense (at least not the one built by that dude I fought) I am rusty true, but I know a good player when I see one
Old 11-28-2001, 08:01 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

but I do know there is a nuke rush building order. whats yours?

I forgot how to do a nuke rush. I rarely use nukes anyway

oh, forgot to mention, most classic hunter players (I say classic hunter because money map players suck) know to do a drop in your base now. most of them do! my god... thats what we did to kick ass back then, lol
Old 11-28-2001, 08:46 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

join the love of SC, everyone!!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:50 PM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Starcraft was good till the 100th time I played it.

And thats MP too
Old 11-28-2001, 08:52 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

SC is actually one of the FEW games that I picked up after a year and found out "wow, this game is still so much fun!" not many games can be said about that
Old 11-28-2001, 10:32 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

quote:
Originally posted by 250:

newbie combos? whatever dude, I played that game for one year with some of the best players. those are not newbie combos. as a matter of fact, there were the secret moves for top players back then... ofc, back then. that is why it is so overused these days

goliaths dont handle carriers as a rule (on 70% of the maps)

and tanks along cannot breach toss defense (at least not the one built by that dude I fought) I am rusty true, but I know a good player when I see one

well now, theyre very often used, so i call them pretty much newbie strategies (of course, anything on a money map is a newbie strategy, no matter what's used). in BW, goliaths handle carriers because of superior numbers (and of increased range) especially in coupling with vessels because EMP rules all toss!
i never said i used tanks ALONE, i almost always use them in conjunction with other units, such as valks, goliaths, among others. tanks in siege mode can slap any defense down because of their extremely long range (i like hitting people from across rivers ). i do the same thing with nukes and comsat.

i actually prefer to work on island maps unlike most others (ive had people leave a game because i chose an island map and didnt tell him; he could no longer claim to be 'the best' anymore) because of the Terran advantage with expansions and scouting. i must admit, watching someone scream after i nuke them from an adjacent island IS fun!

hee, wanna see a screenshot of me nuking an attack force? he bitched at me a lot for the nuke in the shot... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I dont play BW, but goliaths do fair easier against carriers. however carriers still have longer ranges

you know, the whole point about carriers is not eliminating your ground forces (same with battlecurors) it is eliminating your command centers (and other buildings at the edge of island) and pull away before your mass ground troops can react

but that'd be a different story in BW (I am not a BW player, so I dont know shit about BW)

there is really no use talking about what strategies wins. it all depends on map and who is playing [img]smile.gif[/img]

those combos I talked about are all used on classic hunter (which is not money map) I've never seen so many players used them. does that mean something? [img]smile.gif[/img]

P.S. do you know the nuke rush order?
Old 11-28-2001, 10:46 PM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

it means that they've become public knowledge now, and due to the replay option more people are utilizing it that before. but it matters not to me, because i can always piss them off with a nuke/drop combo

i dont know the nuke rush order (well its not exactly a rush, as i beef before i get there) but i can cut/paste a double nuke rush, if you wish.