Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 10:41 AM   #21
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Cats are NOT lazy!!!!!

They sleep a lot because of their natural metabolism. They are capable of relatively short bursts of intense activity, or longer periods of quieter activity, but then they HAVE to sleep. It is not laziness.
Nor are they arrogant or proud. Those are human failings. Cats are merely more independant and able to look after themselves than are dogs. They need us less than dogs, though they become attached to us if we show them care and attention.
A dog will be the willing slave of even a cruel owner. A cat will leave at the first opportunity if it treated badly.

You tell 'em!
I, personally, like both. And mine all get along just fine. And also - not ALL cats are aloof. Independent, yes. But Baby was VERY affectionate. If I made a lap, he was there. If I laid down, he laid on me. When I slept, he was on my pillow with me. And he even LOVED going for a ride! Merlin, while not a 'lap cat' still LOVE affection and play and car rides. So there you 'poo-pooers of cats.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.
Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *
(when G is behaving)
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-19-2001, 10:42 AM   #22
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
A dog always even remotly tries to come when called. Bunny and Hazel ROCK!
Cats will come when called, too, dear. Both of mine know their names well and respond to my calling them.

------------------

(when G is behaving)
Old 09-19-2001, 10:51 AM   #23
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
You tell 'em!
I, personally, like both. And mine all get along just fine. And also - not ALL cats are aloof. Independent, yes. But Baby was VERY affectionate. If I made a lap, he was there. If I laid down, he laid on me. When I slept, he was on my pillow with me. And he even LOVED going for a ride! Merlin, while not a 'lap cat' still LOVE affection and play and car rides. So there you 'poo-pooers of cats.

Agreed! I have had cats and dogs in my life since I was a child and love both, though I have to confess a preference for cats. I have had cats who are very affectionate and cats who are not. My present cat is very unpredictable - sometimes loving and sometimes downright vicious. I think he is schizophrenic! He doesn't seem to be ill or in pain when he has a moody on, and he's been like it from kittenhood. Maybe he's a 'child of Bhaal', lol!

------------------

Old 09-19-2001, 10:55 AM   #24
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
My present cat is very unpredictable - sometimes loving and sometimes downright vicious. I think he is schizophrenic! He doesn't seem to be ill or in pain when he has a moody on, and he's been like it from kittenhood. Maybe he's a 'child of Bhaal', lol!
Yes, due to the duality in Merlin, we have nicknamed him (among other things) - PsychoKitty! Because when he wants to, he can get pretty mean and OH! those TEETH!

------------------

(when G is behaving)
Old 09-19-2001, 11:02 AM   #25
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Has he got a name yet? I am sure we would be willing to help.
Old 09-19-2001, 11:13 AM   #26
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Yes, due to the duality in Merlin, we have nicknamed him (among other things) - PsychoKitty! Because when he wants to, he can get pretty mean and OH! those TEETH!
AND claws! I bear many a scar! BTW, is Merlin a tabby? My Ozymandias (Ozzy for short, B***dy Animal for long, lol!) is, and I have noticed other tabbies tend to be temperamental - though none as bad as this one!
My personal favourites are skinny black cats with big amber or green eyes. I go all gooey over 'em and they always seem very affectionate, with no tendencies to nastiness at all.

------------------

Old 09-19-2001, 11:22 AM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Cats will come when called, too, dear. Both of mine know their names well and respond to my calling them.
Absolutely! I've always tried to teach mine their names. Heck I taught the last four cats before my current ones to 'sit' on command! Am working on this pair, but only Merlin cooperates!

Larry, Glad to hear he's already neutered and it sounds wonderful! You sound like a very good pet person! Now, does then cat control the tv remote or is he gonna share that? Mine are currently re-training me to wake up and adore their furry selves a half hour before I have any desire to be conscious so I'm trying to get them to find another hobby!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-19-2001, 11:25 AM   #28
Absynthe

At least the odds are reasonable for you Cloudy. I have eight little monsters to whom I have finally submitted... I fought, I tried to resist, but I was finally overcome. I'm just a slave to the feline empire...

Old 09-19-2001, 11:37 AM   #29
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Fljotsdale - Actually, Merlin (I spell it Maerlynn, but that confuses some people as to the pronunciation ...) is a 'tuxedo'. You know, mostly black w/white paws, white on chest and belly. He's also got this really cute little bit of white on his lower jaw at his mouth and it looks like he dribbled milk on his chin!

He's only 'mean'ish because I used to play a little roughly with him when he was a kitten. Now that he's bigger, it's not so cute. But he also knows when he's gotten too rough. If I say "ow!", or "enough" or even just make that 'hissing intake of breath' sound, he stops immediately. He also does a very cute trick of standing up on his hind legs when he wants to see something or I have a treat. He makes these little kitten squeaks and for that my husband often calls him "Squeaker".

BTW - my other pets are ALSO black and white. See a pattern here? Also, Baby was a tuxedo and many of my cats throughout my life were black or black and white. One of my faves (behind only Baby and Merlin) was a Siamese - chocolate point! That's why I like Ziroc's cat so much and tease about "worshipping" him. Siamese are SO demanding. Our outside cat is an Orange Tabby-point Siamese with the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes!

Also - Cloudy: Cool! We both named one of our cats Merlin! Great minds and all that, huh? Sorry to hear about your cat situation. I really feel for y'all. Losing Baby was very hard on me because I had to take him to be put down when his tumor 'grew back'. Time will heal. Just remember the fun times. (((hugs)))

------------------

(when G is behaving)
Old 09-19-2001, 11:40 AM   #30
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
At least the odds are reasonable for you Cloudy. I have eight little monsters to whom I have finally submitted... I fought, I tried to resist, but I was finally overcome. I'm just a slave to the feline empire...
Oh, Absynthe! Poor dear!

Did you do this to yourself (take in bunches of strays), or was this brood thrust upon you by a preggers momma cat?

My parents took in what they thought was a 3-month old stray male kitten once. SHE was 6 - 9 months and pregnant! We ended up with her (solid black), a chocolate Persian, two tuxedos and a Siamese!!!

What mayhem must ensue at your once-peaceful (?) domicile!

------------------

(when G is behaving)