Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 04:18 AM   #101
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It appears he shifted his territory to Virginia.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:30 PM   #102
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I dont understand... he is in a car, and with a gun, and all his killing are in the middle of town, in the day.

He has to aim his gun to do his killing, how come nobody saw anything?

He has to drive around a lot to find a good spot, then he need to park his car, get the gun out of his windows to aim, shoot, then leave. And no one saw that?
Yeah sure. YOu just wait until no one is around. Patience patience. I think I do see a pattern developing - gas station pumps and other places where people will be in one predictable location standing still for a couple of minutes. Makes it a sure kill zone sooner or later.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:35 PM   #103
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
I dont understand... he is in a car, and with a gun, and all his killing are in the middle of town, in the day.

He has to drive around a lot to find a good spot, then he need to park his car, get the gun out of his windows to aim, shoot, then leave. And no one saw that?
Yeah sure. YOu just wait until no one is around. Patience patience. I think I do see a pattern developing - gas station pumps and other places where people will be in one predictable location standing still for a couple of minutes. Makes it a sure kill zone sooner or later.[/QUOTE]yeah, you said it, patience.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:28 PM   #104
MagiK

You know, it is a horrible thing what this lunatic is doing, however, it does unmask an ugly truth about our every day life. People wander around assuming saftey and security thinking that the police will keep us safe and sound. We seem to have lost the concept of taking responsiblity for our own health and safety. We don't keep a good awareness of what is going on around us (hence this guy can brandish a long barrel weapon in public and noone sees him) We don't take any type of care in protecting ourselves beyond locking the doors to our houses and cars. Our society has made us all pretty lax when it comes to these kidns of things and no amount of police protection can change the fact that you can never take your safety and security for granted.

Just a rambling thought that came to me reading the paper today.

Old 10-10-2002, 03:30 PM   #105
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
It appears he shifted his territory to Virginia.
Well Northern Virginia is about a 20 minute drive from where he started all this.....ok so its 20minutes normally...3 hours during rush hours

Old 10-10-2002, 03:33 PM   #106
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

True. The safer you make society, the more complacent its citizens become. We aren't prepared for this in this Country. We haven't known since the 1860s what it's like to have a war fought in your homeland. Complacency breeds easy targets - we are a nation of sheep. Guns, or not. We are very good at haggling over social or intellectual details, using technology, and the like - but dealing with a man who is face-to-face with you (or off in the distance) and looking to kill you is something the citizens of most other places on the planet (read: Southern countries) are better at dealing with.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:34 PM   #107
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
You know, it is a horrible thing what this lunatic is doing, however, it does unmask an ugly truth about our every day life. People wander around assuming saftey and security thinking that the police will keep us safe and sound. We seem to have lost the concept of taking responsiblity for our own health and safety. We don't keep a good awareness of what is going on around us (hence this guy can brandish a long barrel weapon in public and noone sees him) We don't take any type of care in protecting ourselves beyond locking the doors to our houses and cars. Our society has made us all pretty lax when it comes to these kidns of things and no amount of police protection can change the fact that you can never take your safety and security for granted.

Just a rambling thought that came to me reading the paper today.
just one thing, as far as I know, there is no way to protect oneself from a sniper rifle. sooner or later, someone is gonna get it, no matter how well the protection is
Old 10-10-2002, 03:46 PM   #108
andrewas
Harper

Quote:

He doesent have to spend long looking for a good spot. He can look at a map, go for a brief drive round to make its as good as it looks, and then return later in a different vehicle and shoot someone. Not hard to figure out.

And how much time do you spend looking at parked vehicles anyway? enough to be sure that it wont move and hit you I suspect, but most people dont pay more attention than that.

He has to aim his gun, sure. But if he is in a van, he can have someone else drive and shoot out the side door. That way hes in the dark, the rifle wont reflect light or anything, and there wont be a spent cartidge to find because it will eject inside the vehicle.

Which means I also reckon that tarot card and casing were a hoax. Probably planted by some local yob with no regard for human life. Its a sad fact that such people are ten a penny in any major city.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:33 PM   #109
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Well yip-a-de-■■■■■■■-doodah, now this certified nut is a couple of miles down the road from where I live. Makes us all feel just great about our daily lives now doesn't it? Mission accomplished for said individual. Yes Mag the odds of the finger pointing at you are remote, however words and statistics fail to secure us against worry that gnaws at many.

There's something so very chilling about an individual who can in their own time and with no undue stress, make a calculated decision to end someone's life they don't know for no reason other than because they can. It's so very different from a crime of rage, a drive-by or a sexual predator. The lack of motive for me is the freaky thing.

As for the media, what a little darling he or she must be. I bet they are positively drooling from their well-made-over faces. Better than a police car chase, more exciting than a daredevil rescue and it goes on over days and days while people remain glued to their tvs in the hope of some new piece of BS force fed to them like ravenous dogs.

The only way I see this sick ■■■■ being brought to justice is when he or she makes a mistake. I must agree though that this just smells like a man as well. It would shock America to find out that this shooter is a woman. Perhaps that's the point?

[ 10-10-2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Asphyxiate ]
Old 10-10-2002, 09:18 PM   #110
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes Asphyxiate, and the media I think is just making it worse at this point. You KNOW the killers are watching, and seeing how MUCH attention they are getting, listening to all those "expert's" opinions, what the police have uncovered, etc. I think it is driving them on, the media again needs to cool it and not sensationalize it so much! Yes, it IS a big deal, and should be reported, but don't disrupt the entire daytime TV schedule to talk about it all day and night long! They are just repeating theirselves and it is totally redundant at that point. I mean, you knows these killers are getting some kind of arrogant satisfaction watching all the coverage about them, whether they be terrorists, disgruntled freakos, or just plain sick attention getters with no life and just decided to say F*&^ it and I'm taking as many down with me before I go.

Reality Show Recaps