Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I wood like to say that I am pleased u have opened this site. It is a good way for people to get their views published on the 'net. However, I have looked around and there are a number of boards like this. And on them, I have seen the terrible things people have written about the Muslim communtiy. Plz, do not vent your anger on Muslims. My best friend happens to be part of the spoken religion, and has recieved a number of insults. And just the other day as I woz walking up the road, I saw a Muslim woman being kicked by a group of youths. Plz, don't let this board go as horribly wrong as the rest.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think that will happen here, Horatio. We're watching pretty closely, and we're down on any form of hate-mongering or racism here at IW. Thank you for your concern, and please let any of us mods know if you notice anything like that being exhibited here.

The anti-muslim sentiment in the US right now is sickening. Many of these people came to this country to escape extremist regimes such as the Taliban in the first place, and then they get treated to this ridiculous counter-terrorism? It's pathetic.

I'll post more on this here. There's a big problem with it here in North Texas.

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 01:07 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, I think you should stick a little longer before you giving your suugestions, though they are indeed sound and truthful
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 01:25 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sadly things like this happen. I was talking to a shopkeeper here who is muslim and he said that his sales had dropped significantly and this guy has lived his entire life in this country. It is sad that these things happen.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 02:54 PM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

250, I can't 'stick a little longer' ! A man woz shot in America just for wearing a turben, and he wasn't even a muslim! I think this problem should be delt with immediatly, as it is growing more and more as the attacks on Afganistan continue.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 03:03 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
250, I can't 'stick a little longer' ! A man woz shot in America just for wearing a turben, and he wasn't even a muslim! I think this problem should be delt with immediatly, as it is growing more and more as the attacks on Afganistan continue.
you give judgement too early
you pressume this forum is as bad as the ones you've seen, correct?

but I understand where your views come from. if those forums are so bad, why not move? welcome here
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 04:13 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Horatio, sorry I was unable to comment further. I had to go to teach class at the time.

Okay...the town where I live, Denton, TX, had a problem right after the Sept 11 attack in that on the next day, some idiots fire-bombed a mosque near the University of North Texas with molotov cocktails. I was happy to see, though, that the whole town came together to show their outrage against this terrorist act (because it is as much a terrorist act as the others that were perpetrated) and to lend support and help to the members of the mosque to rebuild their place of worship. Five major churches in the city of Denton came together, pooled some of their resources, and gave money and manpower to help in the rebuilding. Not everyone in Denton, thank heavens, is an a-hole like those nameless a-holes were who did the firebombing.

But there are still many more atrocities being perpetrated against Arab-Americans and Americans of Middle Eastern descent today, even in my local area. I just read about a gas station owner in Arlington, TX (just south of Denton) who is having to close up because he is terrified from all the death threats he is getting. He is a peaceful person, a naturalized American citizen who is originally from Pakistan and migrated to the States fourteen years ago to give him and his family a new start and a chance at success. Today, he's having to start over from scratch, as he is losing everything he has.

This madness must stop! It is ridiculous that citizens of our own country are being treated in such an abominable manner. What if Norway and Denmark had attacked the WTC? Would we be singling out all fair-haired or red-haired, blue-eyed people and bombing their places of worship, or beating them up in the street? What if it were the IRA? Would we give death threats to people of Irish descent who owned gas stations and grocery stores? WHERE DOES IT STOP???

I'll tell you. It stops with US. We are the only ones who can change this madness. Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban do not have a monopoly on terrorism. It exists within each of our towns, and our communities. "We have seen the enemy, and he is us."

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 10:19 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I believe that a small part of the problem concerning the attacks on arab-americans is that the terrorists where trained in the US and now people are seeing terrorist´s all over the place.
I´m danish myself and must admit that I laughed a bit over the comment on danes attacking WTC...I´m then stunned to think about the nazigermany in the 30ies...singling out people like jewes and gupsies!
I´m sorry to hear about the trouble in Texas....it only confirms that not everybody can be cut from the same cloth... i.e. afghans are not the enemy...but the afghan government and Bin Laden IS...however with a war declared many civilian afghans must suffer...not really knowing why!
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I personally hold no ill will towards any Muslims. I consider the terrorists a group amongst themselves, and they call themselves Muslims, but warp the religion for their own hideous purposes. Horatio, I respect Muslims, even though they have different beliefs than I do, doesn't matter to me, I accept everyone for who they are, and what they believe in, as long as the belief is not hate and sporadic chaotic murder as what we have witnessed recently with the terrorists. We all live on the same planet, we are all humans, I want us to live together in peace.. The fact that we have so many different religious beliefs makes this world much more interesting in my opinion, not something that pisses me off that I disagree with and want to destroy in the name of my own singular beliefs.

------------------
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 11:49 PM   #10
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
I wood like to say that I am pleased u have opened this site. It is a good way for people to get their views published on the 'net. However, I have looked around and there are a number of boards like this. And on them, I have seen the terrible things people have written about the Muslim communtiy. Plz, do not vent your anger on Muslims. My best friend happens to be part of the spoken religion, and has recieved a number of insults. And just the other day as I woz walking up the road, I saw a Muslim woman being kicked by a group of youths. Plz, don't let this board go as horribly wrong as the rest.
You don't have to worry about that here! On this subject though, this is really ticking me off! I have friends who run a convenience store in my neghborhood. They are from India. The wife has given me spices for cooking that her relatives have sent her oversea. They have nothing to do with this, yet the way they look has drawn many an insult.

All I have to say is GROW UP!!!!! Aside from bin Laden, I don't think I've ever wanted to hurt antone as bad as the people who did this to innocent people!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Liliara is offline   Reply With Quote