Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
jcompton
Elminster

Every so often somebody asks me "How long did it take to write Kelsey?" or "How long have you been writing the Nalia romance?" and I answer "a very long time."

And then I sit and think about that, and realize that quite a lot of work gets done if I just sit down and work all day on something. The Banter Packs were written in just a few busy weekends, basically.

So I asked myself... "Knowing what I know by now, how thorough of an NPC could I make in one day, start to finish?"

So I'm going to find out, on Sunday, when I will write and release an NPC in one day, before I go to bed in any case.

I'm not organizing this as an Iron Modder-style "contest", although I certainly welcome others joining me in the exercise and making it a sort of international holiday. Or festival. (Celebration? Something.) I'll be happy to put any fellow One-Day NPC(tm) projects up for hosting.

To monitor the One-Day NPC developments, watch this link.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmmm....is there a place where those with interesting NPC ideas can file them, for possible use as fodder for NPC-making MODders?
Old 02-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #3
jcompton
Elminster

The "mod ideas" forum of your choice. FW's Mod Ideas forum is littered with NPC ideas.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:41 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

"Littered," eh? Methinks FWs keeps a few "secret" forums, accessible only to moderators, where they can copy the ideas they like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Random NPC idea: A TN Male Human Diviner, who is permanently blind, but can still cast spells through his (nearly) unkillable Wizard Eye Familiar. Despite being a Diviner, he does not feel bound to tell the truth if it doesn't happen to suit his present motives.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote