Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 05:15 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

ToB... hmm, what can i say. i think i enjoyed the game more when i had 40 hp but wasn't hit every single freakin time in combat rather than my -10000 AC, 4000 hps but get hit for 100 dmg. excuse the hyperbole but you get my point. more on this later.

anyway, i installed all the "tougher battle" mods from baldurdash and so far (just killed yaga's mom) only the illesara and gromnir fights were a challenge. viconia is instantly converting vampires; sarevok, myself (f/th), and vicky destroy in melee, toss in imoen's alacrity/time stop combo and aerie's huge bag o' spells, and add valygar on "nevermiss" bow or dualling fury/anything, the battles are either way too easy or next to impossible, with the latter being regretfully rare.

with two of the five other bhaalspawn down already, someone please tell me that the main plot line has tougher fights than the add-on, completely optional watcher's keep.

back to the hyperbole. considering that many if not most of the super bad guys just will not miss you in combat, has anyone tried going armorless and seeing if it makes a difference? my front line has an average AC of -9 but i doubt my enemy's have missed more than 25% of their attacks (besides the fodder troops).
Amergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 06:11 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I... assume you have improved Abigazil? It should prove... 'thrilling'.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 09:26 AM   #3
Thrawn
The Magister

LOL only -9 ac that's kind of funny my mage in soa have an average -10 ac... an clerc/mage that's one reason why i like clerc/mage.

anyway if you think the game is simple WAIT untill you hit the improved abigazil, well right there, even a god would be hard challenged.

spoiler,

you face two dragon and hmm something like 5 drakes on top of that.

can't use ur normal dragon disabling stuff like feeblemindness other wise abigazil will become immortal
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote