Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2001, 10:11 AM   #11
Moni

Its Thursday already?!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-19-2001, 10:34 AM   #12
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Good morning all

Very groggy this morning and a little flustered

Woke up late, then poured a bowl of cereal down the front of me, then sat in traffic for 1 hr while gawkers looked at a car pulled over on the side of the road "it's a car people...move along...there is nothing to see", now I get to work and there is a pile of papers on my chair with things like "can you send these out & can you call these folks" sheesh at least let me have my coffee

How is everyone else this wonderful thursday morn?
Wow, I think Mori and I are living a double life! That's basically my office experience

Moni: Well, it depends on their mood at the time. Since food was involved, they were *very* friendly with me. However, on normal days, I'm fair game for a coordinated sneak attack. Boo usually starts batting away at my feet and Morrie simply jumps on top of me after a short running start. I usually freak out initially because I'm caught up in some dream, but when I come to I try to grab him and squeeze him . He tries to time it so he gets away in time, but I know he likes it because if I do snatch em he usually purrs Well, either that or he play-bites my hand and escapes down the stairs.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old 07-19-2001, 10:46 AM   #13
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Hi everyone. Yup it is thursday morning and yes I am at an office too. (Although it isn't my office, since i'm only here for the summer.) Thank goodness the computer inventory is almost done. I only have another hallway to go. Didn't know so many computers, printers, scanners, monitors, zip drives, and backup batteries could be in an office building. It's almost done though. I can't wait till the weekend!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:49 AM   #14
Moni

LOL Waluin,
Food is involved every morning here (face it, you can't keep three bowls of dry food filled for eight hours with ten cats picking at them while you sleep, and forget the bowls of wet food...they get emptied when they are set out) but our kitties have been very good at sitting around on the dresser, the wardrobe and the tables waiting until I wake up. It is just with this new kitten here (counting the days til he is big enough to take to Rex's mom & dad's since he'll have to contend with a cat-chasing/cat-tossing Boston Terrier in one of their yards), Captain Marmalade (the charming little instigator) has enticed him into pouncing on my back and running up and down my body after 7 sharp to make sure I don't sleep late. She stays at the foot of the bed and bites my feet when he stops pouncing, encouraging him to go another round. Once I move to get up, they both jump off the bed and sit somewhere looking at me like they are totally innocent. Cats are evil.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-19-2001).]

Old 07-19-2001, 11:01 AM   #15
Waluin

True about the food bowl thing. It's pretty much empty every morning. Good point. Morrie is a feline vacuum cleaner. We're all pretty amazed about the amount of food he can pack in. You see, we treat the cats to lunch meat every so often (and they beg like little waifs because of it ). Morrie has entered a new equation into this, because my father and I have *PROOVEN* that there is not a point where he gets full. We think that Morrie will throw up and simply continue to consume if he was given the perogative. We think this is because of the fact he was a member of a rather large family of kittens, and it wa sa struggle to grab enough food for yourself.

Doodle, the small shy one, comes from a similar background. She was a street kitten before my aunt was able to save her and her family from a life on the local airport grounds. (She work in the national guard, they have a branch there. My aunt is the highest NCO (Chief Master S) on the base. Heh, I'm so proud of her.) But back to topic: Doodle competes with him a little bit, but he simply is 3 times her size. Even though Doodle is almost 2 years old now, you can lift her up and hold her almost with one hand. That's *hand*, not arm.

Boo is completely left in the dust. He's an older cat now, and his street-days are waaaaaaaaaaaay in the past. I try to stick up for him, but unless we lock Morrie away for a minute or two in another room (which we do), he gets zilch.

Old 07-19-2001, 11:17 AM   #16
Lioness
Jack Burton

Good Morning, everyone!!!
I'm at my home computer, seeing as I don't have an office.
I have to babysit my 7 yr old step-brother while my dad's at work...

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"I am great...start bowin'"
heeheeheeheehee
Old 07-19-2001, 11:18 AM   #17
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Good Morning, everyone!!!
I'm at my home computer, seeing as I don't have an office.
I have to babysit my 7 yr old step-brother while my dad's at work...
I don't know whether to envy you or not with that statement
Old 07-19-2001, 11:24 AM   #18
Moni

We don't have any cats that would eat like that! Even Tiger will get full and lay down for a nap lol.
We found a starving kitten (with Sweety Pie's help) after hearing her crying and having her run from us for five days straight until I trapped her.
She (Jenny) was way too young to be out on her own and having starved for so long, developed this obsession with food where she'll freak out if her dish gets empty. She does not have as much competition over at Rex's parent's house as she did here (only two other cats there til E.V. gets there) but she still goes to their door and whines whenever their dishes are empty, whether she is hungry or not, she has to have something there just in case.

Our cats are really pretty patient and well-behaved when it comes to meals. Only six bowls of wet food and two bowls of dry food get set out twice a day in the dining room and only 5 or 6 of the younger cats are there at first.
The others will wait until the younger crowd has finished first and go finish it off.
Tiger and Captain Marmalade are the only two who will walk around my feet while I try to set the bowls out and Tiger used to eat out of every dish I set down, thinking (I am guessing lol) that he is entitled to the pick of the bowls since he was the oldest kitten and probably got the best teat but I learned to carry out four bowls at a time and he doesn't have the time anymore to jump from one to the next before some other cat has claimed them. He'll still eat out of every bowl after every one has had their fill though.
The two bowls of dry food are refilled throughout the day so there is always something there to snack on and another bowl on a bureau in the front room gets refilled as well but that bowl is "special" somehow and even if there is food in it, the younger cats won't eat out of it (during the waking hours) unless you add a little and tell them "just for you". It is Mr. Snuggles preferrred place to dine but if we let it get empty, grandpa fills it with fish food.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-19-2001, 11:31 AM   #19
Waluin

Well in terms of food bowl maintenance and behavior the cats are well behaved. The above is in context to when we treat them to some lunchmeat from time to time. This isnt to say they dont make their presence known when we are filling the bowls or preparing our lunches on the counter. They are well aware that meat is present and are there in full force to closely monitor the activity

We spoil them horribly, as I suppose you could call the food and water bowls the "endless bowl o'food' as we try to keep it at a modest level so they dont run out when we leave the house for an extended period.

Boo's not too hot on kitty treats, but Doodle and Morrie love em so we keep small stash handy to spoil 'em with

Old 07-19-2001, 11:42 AM   #20
Moni

Cats (unlike dogs) won't eat themselves to death when you keep their bowls full so that is not a bad thing.
We give some of our kitties treats of table foods to make them leave us alone at dinner time LOL.
Not all of them eat real meats which I think is strange but the ones who do will eat their fill and all of them are very aggressive about not letting anyone near them while they eat it.
Other treats (tartar control dry chunks) get eaten with the same gusto.

Moni

------------------