Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2000, 08:36 PM   #1
dangerwoman

Im having a problem finishing the severedhand. I have been thru the tower plenty of times, and still I can't find Larrel or the machine room im suppose to be in.
Can anyone help me out with this please. I am stuck here badly and can't continue on with the game.
Old 08-18-2000, 09:16 PM   #2
Chimpy

Well heres how you get to bonerboy and the asstrolab. Starting from the floor with that little girl named Sehriya, there is a path under the room she is in, which is on the right side leading to the east. Take that path. In the next room, take the stairs to the left. In the next room, there is a hill on the north side which leads upstairs. Go up the hill. In this room, there is a path on the left which leads to a bridge. Go through there and go to the other side of the bridge. Now you should be in a small room with stairs to your right. Take those stairs (it goes to the library) and then finally take the stairs to the right which goes to the astrolab and the guy youve been looking for. hope that helps
Old 08-18-2000, 10:11 PM   #3
dangerwoman

Thank You very much. That does help me out,i wouldn't of never thought about that. I was in that room, but didn't really look around.
I really do appreciate it a lot
Old 08-18-2000, 10:22 PM   #4
Chimpy

You're welcome
Old 08-19-2000, 12:30 AM   #5
dangerwoman

I finally beaten that last night. Thanks again for all the help
Old 08-19-2000, 01:42 PM   #6
Chimpy

Congratulations. Hey you know what we're up tot he same point in the game!!! I love you dangerwomaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2000, 09:03 PM   #7
dangerwoman

Well I finally got my stuff unloaded in town, and went to Doon's Deep, and that was a heck of a fight there. Go through the door which will lead you to a cave and there is someone there that will ask you for a badge, and kill the Orge. But there is a room there with statues of Dwarf's in there. There is a door way that you can go into, but i wouldn't advise to do so. Also there is another statue of a Dwarf with a hammer, that you got to unlock. Knock will not do it, you have to find a way. If you go into that door way, be warned that you might just all DIE in there. I sure did, got to find out what i'm missing.

Hope that you have better luck than I did so far.
Old 08-20-2000, 09:30 PM   #8
Chimpy

Ah that room is a pain in the ass. It's like a puzzle, there is a big circle thing with tiles and you have to step on the right ones to unlock the hammer thing you've been trying to open. You will know when you step on the right tile because a message will be displayed saying a bunch of things. Here is how you solve the puzzle. There are three tiles that you have to step on, and there are three rings of tiles with symbols. At the center of the room there is a glowing thing with triangles around it on the floor. Think of that as a compass,if you look at the triangles they point north south east west etc. The first tile that you step on is on the outermost ring of tiles with symbols, it is north east if you look at the center. The second tile is on the middle ring of tiles, its direction is directly between south and southwest. The third tile is in the innermost right of tiles, its direction is between west and northwest. After completing the puzzle go to the hammer and unlock it and go back to the other room. You can figure out what to do from there It took me a while to get this puzzle, I kept dying too.
Old 08-20-2000, 09:46 PM   #9
dangerwoman

I really do sppreciate this alot. I will let you know how many times i will die before making it through this.
Old 08-20-2000, 09:47 PM   #10
dangerwoman

sorry for my spelling, got to fast a fingers i guess. )