Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 03:43 PM   #151
bilqis2
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

No, it is no hallucination,Bilqis, but I am afraid I am not an especially good sport today, either, see above.

Dear Ramon, you are being run through the mill aren't you?!?! No wonder you are not an 'especially good sport' today! You aren't simply looking at flats, you are going through the equivelant of job interviews... and several in a day? Wow. I admire your strength and perserverance. I'm afraid I'd just end up at home in bed with my head under the covers after too many of those!

What happens? Will they call you if you 'passed' the interview? Or do you call them? I wish you the best of luck in your search. I hope your studies aren't being hampered or hampering the process.

Good luck! Nice to catch you for a change.

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

(Most Happy Receiver of Zeeke75)
Old 04-08-2001, 03:54 PM   #152
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hi Ramon! Hi bilqis!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-08-2001, 04:46 PM   #153
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis2:
Dear Ramon, you are being run through the mill aren't you?!?! No wonder you are not an 'especially good sport' today! You aren't simply looking at flats, you are going through the equivelant of job interviews... and several in a day? Wow. I admire your strength and perserverance. I'm afraid I'd just end up at home in bed with my head under the covers after too many of those!

What happens? Will they call you if you 'passed' the interview? Or do you call them? I wish you the best of luck in your search. I hope your studies aren't being hampered or hampering the process.

Good luck! Nice to catch you for a change.

Bilqis, thanks for being so sympathetic. And maybe I exaggerated a bit. Only three of the five were shared flats, the other small apartments, but I don't like those, because you get less value for your money, I fear the "caged tiger syndrome" and I don't like to live all by myself. Real job interviews are probably still a lot harder - oh, great, I'll have to do plenty of those within a year from now - but for a "worrier" like me the psychology of the situation is somewhat similar. The few job interviews I've had so far, only for small jobs for students though, actually did not bother me that much, because I found it easier to guess what the interviewers expected. As any marketing expert can tell you, knowing your customer's preferences makes selling them a product a hell of lot easier !

Well, both sides have, of course, to make up their minds and decide if they want to live with the other, but with the nice and affordable flats it is easy to see which side really has the leverage and the liberty to choose. The nasty thing with shared flats is that this "market" is not regulated by the price but by "popularity contests".

With the two flats that interest me I will know by Wednesday evening if I really will be put into a position to choose for myself.

LadyRae of Oregon, nice to see you ! If I remember right, spring is about a month early in Oregon compared with here. So, the weather should already be quite nice by now. Or have they changed that as well since my stay there ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 04-08-2001, 07:08 PM   #154
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Hi everyone.

I've been a lurker for quite a while, and have finally found the courage to
sign up and hopefully join in a bit from time to time. I figure the best way to start is to tell everyone else a it about myself. So here goes (deep breath);

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER?
err.... about 5 minutes.
(15 minutes now I've typed all this.)

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME?
Adrian.

GOT ANY ANIMALS?
My family has a Rabbit, so when I'm at home I get to look after him sometimes.
He's half blind and has no front teeth - but is still one of the most happy people/animals I know.

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE?
House x2 - Student.

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
Like a lot of people - sort of. I think I basically have Christian values (except when playing BG2), and see them as a good way to lead life. But I'm not heavily into it. I also think everyone should be allowed to have there own view - and not suffer because of it. I hate the idea that people have to die because they believe something else, it doesn't make sense.
Higher being: maybe - I prefer the idea of a force of nature keeping things on the right tracks

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS?
Hmmm, tricky one, I'll come back to it.

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?
Escapism - I can be someone I'd never be, doing things I'll could never do. I also need to get away from real life sometimes.
Besides it's healthy for me to be up at 4 or 5am playing when I have a lecture first thing in the morning.

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE?
Can drive, but I don't have a car, and don't really want one either.

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS?
Don't normally (anywhere), but I will when I remember.

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)?
Chemistry student - it's hard work, whatever anyone says

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
I will listen to most things, the big exception being 'disposable pop'. I do have favs though, at the minute Sigur Ros, Belle & Sebastian and Sparklehorse + loads of others

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS?
1 younger sister.

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES?
Moutains - for some reason I always feel good there
There's also more to do.

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
CD player and CD collection.

CHIPS OR DORITOS?
I'm trying to be healthy at the minute, so neither.

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)?
I don't often remember dreams. I think I must have bad ones, because I wake up sweeting sometimes.

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD?
Don't really know - people get annoyed they can use the phone though.

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? BG2/BG (I've almost failed 2 sets of exams because of these 2), The Grim Fandango (short but sweat), Half-Life (stress relief). (I tried to pick 3 different types).

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?
Maybe but only in extreme cases, and no there's no doubt. However, I think it was Eddie Izzard that pointed out that if you kill 1, or 2, or however many people you will be sent to prison (or whatever the punishment is). If you kill 10,000 people you get put under house arrest and are looked after night and day.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD?
Yes, of course - I only just got here.

(Ps - this is my first post so go easy. )
Old 04-08-2001, 07:12 PM   #155
Melusine
Dracolisk

Staralfur!!! Welcome to the forum, and I really hope you will like it here...
I'm sure Cloudbringer will be along soon and as she has appointed herself the offical Welcome Wagon of the board she'll probably welcome you much better than I could... Anyway, glad to meet you, and happy posting

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-08-2001, 07:15 PM   #156
Moni

Welcome to the forum Staralfur!

Moni

Old 04-08-2001, 09:47 PM   #157
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

[B]since around feb 2001

My real first name is Kenneth but i go by my middle name: Brad

GOT ANY ANIMALS?
i'll have my 2 cats till my soon to be exgirlfriend moves out

apartment

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
I am a Devout humanist. Or at least that is the closest thing i can find to my religious beliefs

ballpoint if I have to. usually mouse (which is kindof ball point)

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?
its fun, escapism at its best i suppose

93 mazda 626

as often as i can remember. if he would put them on the bottoms of the forum pages i might see them more often and click.

telephone tech support for a major computer manufacturer

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
i like what ever sounds good to me. I love everclear, offspring, and líve best

just one little (20 yearold) brother

Hawaii best of both worlds

cigarette lighter

CHIPS OR DORITOS?
ugg so tired of chips

hmm... i dont really know. i dont remember my dreams very well

my girlfriend (soon 2 b x) doesnt really like me anyways. and my friend calls me a dork

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS?
homeworld, bg2, rainbow 6 rogue spear

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?
yes, of course

as long as i am playing these games.

------------------

[This message has been edited by slackerboy (edited 04-08-2001).]
Old 04-08-2001, 10:29 PM   #158
Poe_the_Monk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

about a week I think

Doran

GOT ANY ANIMALS?
No. my first pet ever was a cat but we soon discovered I was very allergic to it...later I had a dog and we seemed to get along much better.

highrise in NYC ...but soon to be moving

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
I believe in a spirit plane and a higher authority of some sort. I dont participate in religion however, in that I believe religion atrophys our ability to be objective about ideas, stifles our need to question authority or to understand the potential truths of our life, the universe and existence.

the blue medium point bic round stic(tm) ball point pen with blunt nose sliding removable cap...careful kid, you'll poke your eye out

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?
a creative outlet....and its safer than going outside and getting hit by a car or well aimed pigeon poop

various public transit

now that I'm aware of their importance I'll do alot of curious clicking

paralegal / office manager type stuff for a law firm.

pop & classical

2 brothers & 3 sisters

mountains!

a G.E.C.K. garden of eden creation kit

CHIPS OR DORITOS?
Doritos...are you sending them standard mail or FedEx?

being chased and only being able to run in slow motion

no one minds. they are involved in their own similar things so its nothing out of the ordinary

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS?
BG2, Asheron's Call (static online world)...but i enjoy most games.

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?
I dont view it as a penalty but rather a logical means of removing harmful elements out of human society and a means of saving the tens of millions of tax dollars that must house and feed, pamper, and pay the exorbitant medical and legal fees of these people for the next 5 to 20 years.

ya
Old 04-08-2001, 11:09 PM   #159
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
ACK! Nobody clicks on Ziroc's Ads??????? That is the only way he can make a few bucks guys!! All ya gotta do is go to the Ironworks home page. The ads are up top, different ones for different categories too. All you have to do is CLICK on them and then you can back out, just click Dammit!! Ziroc is doing all this for us for free it is the LEAST WE CAN DO!! Please keep that in mind my friends!
Thanks Ladyzekke for that plug . I don't get much from the banner ad's (like 42 bucks a month now)--I'm switching to a better one, one that pays by impressions instead of click-throughs.. I'm getting like 8 clickthroughs a day now Impressions are when the ad is just shown. much better payments.

I hate banners like everyone else, but I'll say this: every penny goes to this website and forum. (and more) . That banner ad stuff is all I get from the work on my website and the forum, it's just a plus IMO, I just love doing it. So many sites I have seen lately have been adding way more banners and other ads while the 'content' drops.. ah well.. anyway, just wanted to thank you for the plug again!

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 04-08-2001, 11:14 PM   #160
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
If i can't find her/him, then the inventor of the pop up ad!
I'll provide the ammo! That is one thing you will NEVER NEVER see on this website/forum or the entire tgeweb.com domain for that matter.

Have you seen the new pop up ads? acting like you have '1 new message'. I'd love to ring their necks.

BTW, speaking of pop-up ads-- have any of you been to Daily Radar lately? when you load the pages, 2-4 ads load.. That has stopped me from my daily visits, down to once or twice a week.

PS: One way to stop pop-ups is to disable Javascript in your web browser.. BUT, seeing as most sites use it, we're screwed. (Either way huh)

Such is life sometimes

Ziroc