Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
D*Ranged

I bought a new Air jet spray.
My mobo was very dusty so I'd give it a good clean. All went fine...until I started spraying it. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
The spray acted like freeze spray and while I did fair job in spraying most of the dust out, I also ended up freezing my mobo as well.
I DID remove HDD, Graphics card (An old GeForce, same era as VooDoo 3)and SB Live! Value and my 56k Modem.

But that isn't my MAIN problem.
I ended up plugging off switch plug, all of them by accident. I tried to clean that area and thought it was one big switch. Wrong. I removed Reset, Power, LED, speaker swich ALL of them by accident. And I don't know how the order goes either! :embarrassed: And even though I will replace Mobo, CPU and RAM soon, I don't really plan on killing my computer anytime soon!
I tried downloading manual for my mobo but the site is currently down... [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

P.S. My current mobo is Gigabyte GA-6BX7, a PIII mobo.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

dont worry.. i did worse.. like accidentally formating the wrong hard drive.. burning up my mobo TWICE of the same mobo.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] and lots of other things.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-18-2003, 11:37 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bummer. Can't help you much on the specifics, but in the last couple of machines I've built, they tried to tell you what was what on the mobo. Look for indications of what connects where, and remember that the non-black wire generally goes to pin 1.

If you're really stuck, wait for the site to come back or do a google search for manuals. You might find copies elsewhere. You might also ask the place where you got the mobo (assuming it's built up) or the machine (if it's store-bought). Yeah, they might laugh at you behind the counter, and you could get Jojo, the chimpanzee trained to placate customers, but you might also get someone who knows something...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.