Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 01:09 AM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Cerek, glad they found him, and I don't hold the fact that he was hiding there against your town.
Why would someone hold his hiding there against the town?

As for the "minority/majority" argument. I'm not sure how someone reads a majority into "a minority of people from this small town" or whatever was said.

Congratulations to the people of the town who brought about this guys capture. It's a good day for the town IMO.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-03-2003, 04:46 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil Lil:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
A "small minority of the population" in a small town is pretty much everyone, even you know that.
I grew up in a small rural town surrounded by thickly wooded areas and I live in one right now so I know very well the "small town mentality" of everyone knowing who and where everyone else is as well as thier business even when they are in hiding in the woods (which from the looks of Rudoplh, he wasn't very often ).

So even if the full population wasn't "informed" as to Rudolph's whereabouts and movements, people there knew and they let him remain "in hiding" for years! That's downright shameful and as good as the capture of Rudoplh was, you shouldn't try to sell Murphy, NC as something its not.

Fanatical communities exist in the U.S., it is a fact that cannot be denied. The town I grew up in, although twice the size of Murphy was very much like it.

But even as fanatical as the town I grew up in was, they would have never stood in the street, waved rebel flags and refused to cooperate with authorities if one of their own had commited the type of crimes that Rudolph did. They have those events on tape and on record. You can't deny it.

At least the small town I live in now has an evolved population. People are allowed to be who they are so long as they aren't drug dealers, murdering terrorists or law breakers in general, no matter their religious or moral codes.
Listen to you two, comparing which small town is better!

Fair enough, you've made your point, Lil Lil - you don't like Murphy and I can't see you visiting it in the near future. I don't think there's a need to make Cerek feel like a lower life form for living there. As for you Cerek, if you're proud of your hometown, then don't worry if other people have a different opinion to you of it - they're entitled to think what they like, it's your opinion that should matter to you. A lot of people hate Sydney and Australia - that's their problem! Doesn't affect me, I'm still going to enjoy living here, I don't really give a stuff what they think.

Just don't want the tone of this thread deteriorating into a he-said/she-said kindergarten spat, that's all.
[/QUOTE]Oh please. I was not knocking Cerek personally. If you think I was trying to make Cerek "feel like a lower life form for living there" maybe you need to look at your own feelings toward Murphy, NC/your feelings toward what people think of your hometown in spite of the fact that you proclaim not to give a stuff, whichever one applies.

I said what I did and Cerek has thus far let it go at that; maybe you should have to?

Is there something wrong with any community, no matter the size, helping to hide a domestic terrorist? I think so but I never once said that it makes everyone there bad people or lower life forms.

If I made any outright "comparisons" between small towns it was the one I grew up in and the one I live in now...having never resided in Murphy, how would I honestly know how nice or not nice it would be to live there? I don't. It is just a type of community that doesn't appeal to my way of living; letting others live too. Is there something wrong with not being prejudice Memnoch?

Reprimanding people for unstated "kindergarten" mentalities is wrong. You should give the conversation a chance before you jump in with assumptions of what people mean by what they said and what they are going to say if someone wants to address it.
[/QUOTE]Good - I'm not here to debate with you, Lil, I'm just telling you the way I see it. You guys be nice to each other and I'm happy to stay out of this whole discussion (though I do reserve the right to "jump in" with whatever assumption I feel I need to make at whatever point in time - that's what I'm here for).

[ 06-03-2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-03-2003, 05:18 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
You've obviously never spent years living in any small town in America.
Mr. BMan can call himself backwards in a self depreciating and humourous way in order to make his point but if he knows small towns (and small fanatical U.S. towns at that) he knows that pretty much everyone knew Rudolph was hiding out there in spite of John Walsh's defensive description of "a small minority of the population". John Walsh made that "small minority of the population" remark as a defensive statement for numerous reasons, one being as an appeal to encourage the people who wouldn't talk before (out of fear or not caring) to talk now that Rudolph is in custody. Whether it will help is yet to be seen.
Where I have lived is irrelevant. As Ronn pointed out 'a small minority' is just that! If it was most of the town it would be a 'large majority'. He was giving an English lesson, not a Geography lesson.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-03-2003, 09:49 AM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
[QB]

A "small minority of the population" in a small town is pretty much everyone, even you know that.
I believe this is the sentence that is causing some people to question the minority comment.

Lil, perhaps you didn't mean to say that a 'minority' is 'pretty much everyone' as certainly the word minority means a small number from a larger group, thus it can't possibly mean 'pretty much everyone' as that would entail a large number from the population and a minority cannot be a large number.

Simple logic problem, that's all. I think people were just confused by your wording. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
But even as fanatical as the town I grew up in was, they would have never stood in the street, waved rebel flags and refused to cooperate with authorities if one of their own had commited the type of crimes that Rudolph did. They have those events on tape and on record. You can't deny it.
I'm sure this and the following are where the misunderstanding that you were trash talking about Cerek's town came up. Obviously you're very proud of your own town and you probably didn't mean to imply that it was better than Cerek's by pointing out a bad deed that you are sure your town wouldn't do but his apparently did. But I'm sure you can see where Cerek or Memnoch might have assumed that from the way it's posted. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
At least the small town I live in now has an evolved population. People are allowed to be who they are so long as they aren't drug dealers, murdering terrorists or law breakers in general, no matter their religious or moral codes.
Now this is one I'd have to say sounds condescending, Lil/Moni. From your post to Memnoch, it seems you didn't intend it, but if you look at it closely, you can see why he felt it was an insult to Cerek's town and it's residents. By describing your town as having an 'evolved population' while in a discussion about Murphy, it leaves the implication that Murphy is less evolved, population-wise. But as you and Memnoch seem to have worked it out and there isn't a 'my town's better than your town' flamewar festering here, all's well! Just some little missed cues or misread posts is all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, that seems settled, so let's all go back to the topic at hand!

I'm really glad they caught the guy, no matter how it went down. It's nice to send the message to other would-be bombers that you can only hide for so long and punishment does catch up to people eventually!
Old 06-03-2003, 12:45 PM   #25
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Why would someone hold his hiding there against the town?
Partly due to the fact that some people were helping him stay hidden, but more predominately because of the way our town has been portrayed in the media. They have taken the fact that a select few friends and relatives of Eric Robert Rudolph aided him and made it sound as if the whole community supported Rudolph and his actions. They also played up the fact that this area is part of the Appalachian Mountains and that "a lot of folks here don't trust the Federal Government". Of course, the fact that alot of people in NYC, LA, and other large cities don't trust the Feds either is beside the point. The media likes to perpetuate the "backwoods hillbilly" image of the area. {sigh} This became very obvious 5 years ago when our little town was literally swarming with media from all over. Some of the reporters went out of their way to find the most "hillbilly" looking characters possible. They didn't just stop the average person on the street..they bypassed several until one that fit the "profile" they wanted came along. So the media played a large role in that. In fact, I watched a special on Rudolph last night on CourtTV channel, and the "Appalachian distrust of Federal authorities" was mentioned prominently during the segment about the initial manhunt.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Congratulations to the people of the town who brought about this guys capture. It's a good day for the town IMO.
Thanks, Yorick - it is "a good day for the town" indeed. Even though the general consensus in the area was that he was either dead by now or had left he area completely, the police were aware of the possibility that he could still be in the area and were "keeping an eye out" for him - just in case.

Officer Postell has become a bit of celebrity because of this. He and the Chief of Police were on the Today show this morning and Jay Leno even mentioned Postell in his monologue last night. He said maybe we should send Officer Postell overseas to find bin Laden. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Anyway, I'm glad for Officer Postell. I don't know him myself, but he seems like a nice kid. I was very impressed with his professional and courteous manner during the initial press conference. He handled himself very well.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:59 PM   #26
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Lil, perhaps you didn't mean to say that a 'minority' is 'pretty much everyone' as certainly the word minority means a small number from a larger group, thus it can't possibly mean 'pretty much everyone' as that would entail a large number from the population and a minority cannot be a large number.

Simple logic problem, that's all. I think people were just confused by your wording. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I most certainly did mean to say what I did. I am not the one who made the minority statement to begin with and keep in mind that the population of Murphy NC is less that 1300. If you've never resided in a small town you can't even comprehend what I am saying so I can understand why some of you would want to argue on Cerek's behalf but it's beyond me why you can't let it go unless you support the town itself or you are really that anal about the use of the English language in politically sensitive contexts....unless you just like arguing with me personally.

Any IW members who live in small towns in this country know what I said applies not just to Murphy but to all small towns across this country...if you don't support the way in which your community operates it is not very likely that you are going to stay there.

Whether or not the whole community offered Rudolph help out of their own hands, the people who live there support the fanatacism that reigns by staying and by not making any attempt to change popular views.

I don't think anyone is "confused" or believes that John Walsh meant the statement "literally" when he said it in a nationally public forum and in defense of the case in hopes gaining more information from the community. See another thread with an article on terrorist sympathizers here

It's John Walsh's job to be sympathetic with people who could feed information into a case that is prosecuting a person who kills innocent people and terrorizes communities. It's John Walhs' job to be sensitive to the progress of open cases. So Rudolph was physically helped by a few...that doesn't mean that they were the only people who knew he was there and you can look at Mr. Bman's last post for confirmation of that fact (up to the word "but" where he gets sarcastic).

Do you honestly think that if John Walsh said outrightly that the whole community knew (knew, not helped) or that the whole community supported him (hey, notice no one turned him in for being there with the exception of ONE WOMAN) that it wouldn't hinder the Department of Justice's progress in the case? Neither do I and I don't blame him for being sensitive to an open case where the stakes for getting a conviction are high and the means of getting information is so delicate.

Quote:
"But even as fanatical as the town I grew up in was, they would have never stood in the street, waved rebel flags and refused to cooperate with authorities if one of their own had commited the type of crimes that Rudolph did. They have those events on tape and on record. You can't deny it."

I'm sure this and the following are where the misunderstanding that you were trash talking about Cerek's town came up. Obviously you're very proud of your own town and you probably didn't mean to imply that it was better than Cerek's by pointing out a bad deed that you are sure your town wouldn't do but his apparently did. But I'm sure you can see where Cerek or Memnoch might have assumed that from the way it's posted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Obviously LMAO yeah that's why I haven't lived there for the last 23 years.

Would it make you feel better to know that the community I grew up in and moved away from did bad things to innocent people? I'd list them but I'd rather not feed you all things to cheer about.

Look, you people can be as prejudice as you want; you can support all the prejudice and fanatical communities in this country with all the gusto you have if that's what you want to do; that doesn't mean I have to and it doesn't mean that I am wrong because I don't.

I am as happy as all of the sincere posts made here that Rupolph was accidentially captured by rookie a cop on routine patrol.

I also stand by the statement that Murhpy, NC is not a place I want to view in any media shows.

[ 06-03-2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Lil Lil ]

Old 06-03-2003, 02:43 PM   #27
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

It is far from unusual for the friends and relatives of a fugitive criminal to shelter them, no matter what the alleged crimes. This is well-known to law officers, and why they always keep an eye on said friends and relatives, as the fugitive tends to resurface among his "support group". That is also why there are laws agains harboring a fugitive and being an accessory after the fact. Also, the officer noted the facial resemblance and asked him point blank if he was indeed, Eric Rudolph. That is not accidental. Lil Lil, many of us live in small towns, too, and there is criminal activity that is indeed unknown to the majority of the inhabitants.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:19 PM   #28
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
I most certainly did mean to say what I did. I am not the one who made the minority statement to begin with and keep in mind that the population of Murphy NC is less that 1300. If you've never resided in a small town you can't even comprehend what I am saying so I can understand why some of you would want to argue on Cerek's behalf but it's beyond me why you can't let it go unless you support the town itself or you are really that anal about the use of the English language in politically sensitive contexts....unless you just like arguing with me personally.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you can't let it go.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you so rudely disregard everyone's opinion about small towns that contradict your own limited experience. After all, you are only one person, living one life on this planet. You are not the see all/know all guru regarding small towns just because you've lived in a couple, but you are the only person in this thread that has told everyone else they can't comprehend what your saying about small towns. The truth is that we do comprehend what you say just fine, but we still think you are wrong. There is a difference...lol.

It seems to me your bad experiences in small towns have clouded your views about the subject so heavily that you believe no one else need comment. Like your limited experience has given you have some special insight into ALL small towns in America despite the fact that your experience can't even begin to touch one-tenth, of one-thousandth, of one percent of small town America. Sorry, but that idea is laughable. Maybe you should ask yourself if you're sure it's everyone else that is having the comprehension problem.

BTW, you ARE the one who made the minority statement that is in question, not John Walsh. You said that in a small town, a small minority of the population is pretty much everyone and that even Cerek should know that. Well, Cerek shouldn't know that and neither should anyone else because a small minority can NEVER EVER be pretty much everyone whether you are talking about the population of a small town, the population of a nation, or the population of the Asian Sub-Continent. "Pretty much everyone" is a large majority of any population as Donut pointed out. That statement is completely incorrect. Worse than that, is the fact that the actual derogatory meaning behind that statement is judgmental of a group of people you have no direct knowledge of, and that the statement is made despite the statements of an actual citizen.

Any IW members who live in small towns in this country know what I said applies not just to Murphy but to all small towns across this country...if you don't support the way in which your community operates it is not very likely that you are going to stay there.

No they don't, so stop speaking for everyone. IW members who live in small towns in this country DO NOT ALL KNOW what you said applies. Just because you think it true doesn't mean everyone else feels the same why. Why would you think that your opinion is so universal?

Whether or not the whole community offered Rudolph help out of their own hands, the people who live there support the fanaticism that reigns by staying and by not making any attempt to change popular views.

The popular views are not the fanatical ones. The popular views are the ones held by the majority. If only a small minority hold the views they can't be very popular. The fanatical views are the small minority views, i.e., they are not the popular ones. Fanaticism may have reigned in your small town, but it's not the norm. You've just been unlucky if every small town you've lived in operated as you've described.

I don't think anyone is "confused" or believes that John Walsh meant the statement "literally" when he said it in a nationally public forum and in defense of the case in hopes gaining more information from the community. See another thread with an article on terrorist sympathizers here

Well, eye rolling smilie or not, I don't think you are in a position to say whether or not John Walsh meant what he said, just as I don't think you are in a position to make definite, sweeping statements about small towns in general. The only confusion is based on what you post, verses what you say that post means, and the fact that what you posted rarely fits the explanation. You may want to ask yourself, why people think you've posted something you say you didn't. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It's John Walsh's job to be sympathetic with people who could feed information into a case that is prosecuting a person who kills innocent people and terrorizes communities. It's John Walhs' job to be sensitive to the progress of open cases. So Rudolph was physically helped by a few...that doesn't mean that they were the only people who knew he was there and you can look at Mr. Bman's last post for confirmation of that fact (up to the word "but" where he gets sarcastic).

Do you honestly think that if John Walsh said outrightly that the whole community knew (knew, not helped) or that the whole community supported him (hey, notice no one turned him in for being there with the exception of ONE WOMAN) that it wouldn't hinder the Department of Justice's progress in the case? Neither do I and I don't blame him for being sensitive to an open case where the stakes for getting a conviction are high and the means of getting information is so delicate.

Maybe you should ask yourself, "Is that Mr. Walsh's job", or does that explanation just fit Moni's opinion on the matter?

The people who helped Rudolph the most during his hiding were his family. Imagine that, it wasn't nearly all of the backward mountain folks, it was just a small group, most of whom were related to him!

The "sarcastic" remark of mine defines the statement and without it the statement is worthless. The large majority of people DID NOT know where he was or help hide him, but they MAY have heard rumors, and rumor after rumor was investigated by both the FBI and local officials. The tips from people who heard rumors resulted in no results because they weren't based on fact in the first place. Lots of tips came in, but none of them washed because they were rumor, but it wasn't that the rumors were all kept secret in order to "keep them thare G-men from finding Rudolph and grandma's still in the backyard."

Would it make you feel better to know that the community I grew up in and moved away from did bad things to innocent people? I'd list them but I'd rather not feed you all things to cheer about.

Feel better? Cheer about? What a ridiculous and rude statement. Yes, Cloudy, Cerek, Memnoch, and everyone else is just waiting to hear your callous stories so we can cheer because that's the kind of people we are. We don't agree with Moni, so we must be the kind of people who would feel better, and even cheer when we hear about bad things happening to innocent people. What a stupid insinuation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"What's that you say Moni? You say you didn't say or insinuate anything like that about anyone (despite the fact that your quote is less than an inch from this response), and that if I'm thinking that then I should ask myself why." Well, I have asked myself why, and the answer is as simple now as it's always been when you make your standard responses. The fact is that you were rude in making that statement, and that the statement you made was ridiculous, that's why I said, "what a rude and ridiculous statement" regarding the above quote. Not because it surprised me that you would post it, but because it was rude and ridiculous.

Look, you people can be as prejudice as you want; you can support all the prejudice and fanatical communities in this country with all the gusto you have if that's what you want to do; that doesn't mean I have to and it doesn't mean that I am wrong because I don't.

You can take your accusations of prejudice and stick them were the sun doesn't shine because you, of all people, have no right to judge anyone, so keep your self-righteous, STUPID BS to yourself.

I'm glad I knew you weren't talking about me being prejudiced because I may have said things about your heritage that might have gotten me suspended. Even though you obviously weren't talking about me, I won't sit here an watch you say things like that about Memnoch, Cloudy, Cerek, and everyone else who opposed your views in this thread. That kind of name-calling comes from a place about as low on the evolutionary chain as you can get, but again, I'm not surprised you did it.

I am as happy as all of the sincere posts made here that Rudolph was accidentally captured by rookie a cop on routine patrol.

Sincere posts? That wording would suggest that there are insincere posts regarding happiness at the capture Rudolph in this thread.

Another Moni BS special of course. Somehow, in your mind, those who've oppose your views on small towns are actually being insincere, and you are suggesting that they wish he'd NOT been caught. What utter ROT!

I also stand by the statement that Murhpy, NC is not a place I want to view in any media shows.

Please do stand by your statement, and we'll all take it for exactly what it's worth.

Seems to me you've formed quite an opinion of Murphy based on the media attention it's received. Why stop looking at the information about it now...lol?

BTW, I'm not trying to tell you how you feel about anything with this post, I'm just trying to tell you to get a grip.
[ 06-03-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 06-03-2003, 06:00 PM   #29
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:

Maybe you should ask yourself why you can't let it go.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you so rudely disregard everyone's opinion about small towns that contradict your own limited experience. After all, you are only one person, living one life on this planet. You are not the see all/know all guru regarding small towns just because you've lived in a couple, but you are the only person in this thread that has told everyone else they can't comprehend what your saying about small towns. The truth is that we do comprehend what you say just fine, but we still think you are wrong. There is a difference...lol.

It seems to me your bad experiences in small towns have clouded your views about the subject so heavily that you believe no one else need comment. Like your limited experience has given you have some special insight into ALL small towns in America despite the fact that your experience can't even begin to touch one-tenth, of one-thousandth, of one percent of small town America. Sorry, but that idea is laughable. Maybe you should ask yourself if you're sure it's everyone else that is having the comprehension problem.

BTW, you ARE the one who made the minority statement that is in question, not John Walsh. You said that in a small town, a small minority of the population is pretty much everyone and that even Cerek should know that. Well, Cerek shouldn't know that and neither should anyone else because a small minority can NEVER EVER be pretty much everyone whether you are talking about the population of a small town, the population of a nation, or the population of the Asian Sub-Continent. "Pretty much everyone" is a large majority of any population as Donut pointed out. That statement is completely incorrect. Worse than that, is the fact that the actual derogatory meaning behind that statement is judgmental of a group of people you have no direct knowledge of, and that the statement is made despite the statements of an actual citizen.

No they don't, so stop speaking for everyone. IW members who live in small towns in this country DO NOT ALL KNOW what you said applies. Just because you think it true doesn't mean everyone else feels the same why. Why would you think that your opinion is so universal?

Whether or not the whole community offered Rudolph help out of their own hands, the people who live there support the fanaticism that reigns by staying and by not making any attempt to change popular views.

The popular views are not the fanatical ones. The popular views are the ones held by the majority. If only a small minority hold the views they can't be very popular. The fanatical views are the small minority views, i.e., they are not the popular ones. Fanaticism may have reigned in your small town, but it's not the norm. You've just been unlucky if every small town you've lived in operated as you've described.

Well, eye rolling smilie or not, I don't think you are in a position to say whether or not John Walsh meant what he said, just as I don't think you are in a position to make definite, sweeping statements about small towns in general. The only confusion is based on what you post, verses what you say that post means, and the fact that what you posted rarely fits the explanation. You may want to ask yourself, why people think you've posted something you say you didn't.

Maybe you should ask yourself, "Is that Mr. Walsh's job", or does that explanation just fit Moni's opinion on the matter?

The people who helped Rudolph the most during his hiding were his family. Imagine that, it wasn't nearly all of the backward mountain folks, it was just a small group, most of whom were related to him!

The "sarcastic" remark of mine defines the statement and without it the statement is worthless. The large majority of people DID NOT know where he was or help hide him, but they MAY have heard rumors, and rumor after rumor was investigated by both the FBI and local officials. The tips from people who heard rumors resulted in no results because they weren't based on fact in the first place. Lots of tips came in, but none of them washed because they were rumor, but it wasn't that the rumors were all kept secret in order to "keep them thare G-men from finding Rudolph and grandma's still in the backyard."

Feel better? Cheer about? What a ridiculous and rude statement. Yes, Cloudy, Cerek, Memnoch, and everyone else is just waiting to hear your callous stories so we can cheer because that's the kind of people we are. We don't agree with Moni, so we must be the kind of people who would feel better, and even cheer when we hear about bad things happening to innocent people. What a stupid insinuation.

"What's that you say Moni? You say you didn't say or insinuate anything like that about anyone (despite the fact that your quote is less than an inch from this response), and that if I'm thinking that then I should ask myself why." Well, I have asked myself why, and the answer is as simple now as it's always been when you make your standard responses. The fact is that you were rude in making that statement, and that the statement you made was ridiculous, that's why I said, "what a rude and ridiculous statement" regarding the above quote. Not because it surprised me that you would post it, but because it was rude and ridiculous.

You can take your accusations of prejudice and stick them were the sun doesn't shine because you, of all people, have no right to judge anyone, so keep your self-righteous, STUPID BS to yourself.

I'm glad I knew you weren't talking about me being prejudiced because I may have said things about your heritage that might have gotten me suspended. Even though you obviously weren't talking about me, I won't sit here an watch you say things like that about Memnoch, Cloudy, Cerek, and everyone else who opposed your views in this thread. That kind of name-calling comes from a place about as low on the evolutionary chain as you can get, but again, I'm not surprised you did it.

I am as happy as all of the sincere posts made here that Rudolph was accidentally captured by rookie a cop on routine patrol.

Sincere posts? That wording would suggest that there are insincere posts regarding happiness at the capture Rudolph in this thread.

Another Moni BS special of course. Somehow, in your mind, those who've oppose your views on small towns are actually being insincere, and you are suggesting that they wish he'd NOT been caught. What utter ROT!

Please do stand by your statement, and we'll all take it for exactly what it's worth.

Seems to me you've formed quite an opinion of Murphy based on the media attention it's received. Why stop looking at the information about it now...lol?

BTW, I'm not trying to tell you how you feel about anything with this post, I'm just trying to tell you to get a grip.
[/QUOTE]You're the one who needs a grip Mr. Bman.

You call my experiences limited because you know how many small towns I have passed through/visited/lived in as compared to your own experiences...or whose?

You don't know. You don't know how many of the countless small towns in over half of the United States that I have passed through or visited or stayed in were fanatical militia communities like Murphy NC or how many of them are full of caring and wonderful people.

I have no direct knowledge of Murphy, NC? I've NEVER been there, never spent any time there? Are you sure of that Mr. Bman? Sorry to disappoint you but my shoes have touched the ground that Murphy's locals walk on and I have numerous relatives who live in NC who would confirm that the community is just what the goverment and media say it is, nevermind the fact that its been filmed and aired more than once.

Just because the media has brought the government's description of Murphy as a largely anti-government/militia community out into the open does not make the media bad for not supporting your personal opinion of the place any more than it makes me the bad guy for putting it out into the open here at IW. My my my...how different things are when people agree with your point of view.

Should I post my email address here for you so that you can harass me on a daily basis again?

Get over yourself.

I don't need to defend myself against you or any part of the Ironworks "Christian" Coalition that has taken up an argument with me here and you are completely laughable going off on the tangent you did above.

Read all of the worst that you possibly can into anything I ever say that rubs against your grain, twist it to suit your argument and then harass me for it, Mr. Bman, it is nothing new to me.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, that's enough!

Ronn, you were a bit rough with your post to Moni, and even though I see you felt baited and had ample cause, I have to ask you to be as civil as possible in future and avoid bringing in people's heritage or using 'stupid' to describe their viewpoints in an argument, ok?

Moni, you've spent alot of time trying to change the word minority into majority so let's just end that here. You've also tried to make out that all the people of Murphy were in on harboring the fugitive, insinuated that the populous there (which includes Cerek) is less evolved than your own small town and otherwise presented what I see as flamebait to Cerek and others. I am not surprised to see Ronn Bmann's response to you, although, as you see, I do think he could have been less brusque.

I'll dock the 'anal' comment right now, as it's a ship that would take us far out to the off-topic sea if I let it sail. Suffice it to say, it was unnecessary.

Quote:
I don't need to defend myself against you or any part of the Ironworks "Christian" Coalition that has taken up an argument with me here and you are completely laughable going off on the tangent you did above.
Insinuating that anyone who disagrees with you here is a fanatic (ie: Christian Coalition) for doing so is pure flamebait, Moni, and completely uncalled for.

Quote:
Should I post my email address here for you so that you can harass me on a daily basis again?
Again, out of line. Accusing someone of harrassment is a serious issue, Moni, and not for posting to an IW thread because you are having a disagreement with others.

I've warned you about posting personal issues and details concerning private correspondence before and this comment of yours is directly in violation of that warning AND acts as flamebait to Ronn_Bmann. (Who I trust will not take it up. )

Since I have warned you about disclosing information regarding private correspondence in the past this is the last time a mod will do so without
recommending to the webmaster that you be sanctioned.

Moni, Ronn, perhaps a break from this thread would help.

To the general IW public, please go BACK to the topic so we can avoid closing the thread. Thanks!