Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 12:47 AM   #1
Paleface
Dungeon Master

Does anyone have any tips or strategies that will help me defeat him?

He's obviously very powerful but I'm guessing that casting "Lower Resistance" will help weaken him.

Since rescuing Garren's child, I've saved Trademeet and Ulmar Hills... is it too early to go back and fight Fiirkraag?

[ 07-09-2002, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Paleface ]
Paleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 01:51 AM   #2
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

heres a tip, QUICKLY EDIT THE TITLE OF THIS POST. YOUR RUINING THE SURPRISE FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW FIRKRAAG'S TRUE FORM. PLEASE EDIT THE TITLE!
Old 07-09-2002, 02:18 AM   #3
Little Grabbi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Now, aside from changing the title: If you know exactly where he is, you can move a mage as close as possible without seeing firkraag. than use EVERY offensive area-effect spell/staff you've got. This should soften him up.
Little Grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 05:16 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

... and also tell the administrators that they must change the name of the forum! Somebody could feel "spoiled" if he is told that there is some BG2 or Shadows of Amn...
Old 07-09-2002, 07:59 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
... and also tell the administrators that they must change the name of the forum! Somebody could feel "spoiled" if he is told that there is some BG2 or Shadows of Amn...
Actually, they will edit the title of the thread. Read the Forum FAQ for more information on how to handle game spoilers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 03:15 PM   #6
Paleface
Dungeon Master

I'm so sorry, it was a terrible accident!
I didn't mean to spoil it for anyone, and I didn't realize what I had done until just now.

Please accept my apologies.

[ 07-09-2002, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Paleface ]
Paleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 04:39 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

No need of being sorry - you din't make anything wrong.
The fact that Firkraag is a dragon is known to everybody. Asking for help with "Firkraag, the dragon" is completely natural - it is a strong opponent. Getting upset that somebody wants help with "Firkraag, the dragon" belongs to a madhouse.
I don't understand one thing. Why are we bullied by the administrators in such cases like yours. Are there any limits for spoiler haters' raging in the forum or are there none?
The spoiler haters are strange beasts. They prevent others from gaining and giving information - except for the moment when they themselves get stuck. At this moment, "spoilers" are allowed and required suddenly but only as long as they are stuck. It isn't fair.
The spoiler haters should be banned from the forum - each of them in particular and all of them together because they restrict the liberty of others of seeking and giving help with the game. Why they read the forum if they do not want to see any piece of information on it? Their presence on the forum results in numerous completely useless posts (Oh God! I must not spoil anybody! I must speak in riddles and remove anything important from my post!). They force others to foul their posts with so called "spolier alerts". The spoiler haters sould not be here.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:57 AM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*wonders how many times this has been asked*
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:33 AM   #9
Fiend
Manshoon

Plaeface Whatlevel and What Classes are your team??

[ 07-10-2002, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Fiend ]
Old 07-10-2002, 11:41 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
The fact that Firkraag is a dragon is known to everybody.

How do you know? Are you telepathic? Do all newcomers know( especially those surfing the forum for the first time looking for help in Jon Irenicus' dungeon)? The ruling for spoilers are there for a valid reason. How would you feel if you enter a cinema theathre and there were people screaming the killer's real identity?

Asking for help with "Firkraag, the dragon" is completely natural - it is a strong opponent.

Yes it is.

Getting upset that somebody wants help with "Firkraag, the dragon" belongs to a madhouse.

I would not say that we are upset, but those who are spoiled, will be.

I don't understand one thing. Why are we bullied by the administrators in such cases like yours.

If you think this is bullying, you ain't gonna to like the real world, a lot.

Are there any limits for spoiler haters' raging in the forum or are there none?

Now you are jumping to conclusions. Your so called, 'spoiler haters', do not rage in the forum, and they are just following the rules.

The spoiler haters are strange beasts. They prevent others from gaining and giving information - except for the moment when they themselves get stuck. At this moment, "spoilers" are allowed and required suddenly but only as long as they are stuck. It isn't fair.
The spoiler haters should be banned from the forum - each of them in particular and all of them together because they restrict the liberty of others of seeking and giving help with the game. Why they read the forum if they do not want to see any piece of information on it? Their presence on the forum results in numerous completely useless posts (Oh God! I must not spoil anybody! I must speak in riddles and remove anything important from my post!). They force others to foul their posts with so called "spolier alerts". The spoiler haters sould not be here.

Dude, you do not really read here often do you? If you stick around long enough, you will come to realise that your so called spoilers haters do help other people. In particular, your claim that their posts are useless is offensive, baseless and bordering close on trolling of the flaming kind.

[ 07-10-2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote