Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 07:31 PM   #31
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:
Again, from Z,
quote:
Let me get this straight. You are calling my comprehension skills low? AND others? Please let me know. I know how these types of people work. I've seen them come and go. you have NO idea what his past is like, and his previous acts. So unless you know what you are talking about............
I've been here over a year...I've seen and heard enough of Tiamat to know him a little and his types of posts (and that he just celebrated his 14th birthday).

"These types of people?" Come on Ziroc, that type of stereotyping is beneath you. I wouldn't presume to judge Tiamat without personally knowing him.
[/QUOTE]You did not answer my question..

BTW, were you here when he was under a different username? He has been given WAY too many chances, and as I said, you don't know what has happened in the past.

When I said "Those People" I mean punks. Trolls that are predictable. You are not the Webmaster, and don't know how many times I have seen this played out. It is anways the same. He meets the quota perfectly.

So, as I said, you don't know what is going on.

[ 05-15-2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-15-2002, 07:35 PM   #32
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Having read Tiamat's letter a few times, I am inclined to agree that he was stating that he knew where to draw the line and would not do those things. Some of us have been here for quite some time, and while I confess that I do not know Tiamat well, and I would not presume to claim that I know him or what he is capable of doing. I do know that there have been a number of problems that resulted from his previous behavior, and that this is not his first 'ban' offense. I hate to see anyone banned who is not a florid flamer or troll. But I do know that only Dan and mods really know all the issues regarding Tiamat and peoples reactions to him. They also know why he was banned before while most of us do not. I will have to trust Dan's judgement.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:58 PM   #33
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I can't tell exactly what Tiamat's e-mail meant, most of his posts are totally confusing to comprehend. It does seem to imply he was saying he wouldn't do that type of thing, but just mentioning it though turns on alarm bells nevertheless.

This thread is from what I can see Ziroc just telling us (as the Webmaster and Owner and Creator of this forum) he banned someone, and received in the mail possible (not probable) threats, and for us to just keep our heads up on that for not only our own individual protection, but for Ironworks as well. It shouldn't turn into some "Why Tiamat was banned" debate, as these things are Ziroc's decisions not ours.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-15-2002, 08:02 PM   #34
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:
Your right, of course, it's his forum...so perhaps I should ask him everytime I want to state my opinion?

All right, all right...I'll backtrack a little...I wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence, just comment on the fact that I though MY interpretation of T's letter was right, and most of you were wrong. I have noticed that perhaps people don't read through things carefully enough before formulating their replies, though.

And, I've been here much longer than my reg date and # of posts would indicate.
Sir Michael, I suggest you let this go. NOW.

Regardless of Tiamat's intent (and I agree, BTW, I think he was assuring Ziroc that he WOULDN'T send a virus), the fact that he mentioned the "virus" word at all shows a complete lack of common sense. It's akin to walking up to an airport security desk and making a joke about a bomb.

Whether you agree with it or not, Ziroc has made his decision, and there is PLENTY other things that have happened that you may not know about. It IS, however, a violation of the Terms of Service to question the actions of a moderator, and Ziroc, as Webmaster, is head moderator:

"About the Moderators: They are kind folks who volunteer their free time to help me maintain this forum and keep it clean of abuse. Note the emphasis on "volunteer" and "free time." Forum moderating is always hard work, and it's impossible to please everyone given the cultural and social diversity of this forum. Do not question the decisions they may make--not Publicly at least. This will get your account suspended quickly. Each of our great Moderators are EXTREMELY non-biased and treat everyone fairly.

In order to maintain the civil atmosphere and keep things reasonably organized, Moderators may move, lock or delete threads that do not belong in these forums or break the Ironworks Rules. Remember, this is not a democracy. This is a semi-benevolent dictatorship."

You are on VERY thin ice here, guy. You need to back off.

-Sazerac

[ 05-15-2002, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-15-2002, 08:10 PM   #35
lroyo

Sir Michael, I am under the same belief that Tiamat's post was actually not a threat, and that some people have overreacted to it. But I also believe that Ziroc has responded in the correct manner. You never can be too sure.

Anyway, as much as some of Tiamat's posts have been ridiculous, I thought he had been getting better recently. I actually understood the last few threads he posted! It seems strange to me that he would be banned now, but then again, I am not a moderator and trust that Ziroc knows when to draw the line!

Aviendha.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:13 PM   #36
lroyo

Sorry Sazerac, your post came in after I started typing.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:16 PM   #37
Encard
Quintesson

With luck he's not stupid enough to actually send a virus. That could be somewhat irritating. Not saying anything about the other things said in the thread...

Weasels!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
See, now you can all cheer up! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-15-2002, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 05-15-2002, 08:17 PM   #38
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Sir Michael, I am not sure why you quoted me, but actually I am of the opinion that Tiamat's post was indeed saying that he would not do that. However, as everybody else has said, the fact that he is hurting and let some thoughts of revenge go through his head is the reason that Ziroc is alarmed. I, personally, shall report anything that sounds like Tiamat's distictive posting style to him or whatever forum's moderator that it is posted in. I'm glad you are such a loyal friend, but rules are rules.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:18 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, Tiamat's stuff is hard to comprehend, but as best I can tell it does look like he was saying he would not do such things. However, as Saz points out, just mentioning them makes you have to wonder why he's doing it. So if Ziroc feels the need to keep an eye out for unusual occurences, then we will keep an eye out for them. As he says, he's seen a lot of things go on in the course of being a webmaster and as Saz says, it's almost like walking into the airport and saying 'hey I don't REALLY have a gun in my pocket' for no reason.

As for how others have treated Tiamat, I have to agree on that score. Some people have been very rude and behaved in ways that were not usually acceptable if done to anyone else. I think Tiamat did his best to be a pain in the neck, but when he tried to be better there were people who still stomped on him.

Tiamat HAS been given many chances to straighten out, though. Ziroc has been incredibly tolerant of the kid. I would stress that Z allowed him to stay after MANY infractions and even changing his name didn't help matters. Recently he was starting to post less incomprehensible spam, but he made a few pretty bad mistakes, got banned and this is how it ends. Let's just move on now and hope he doesn't do anything foolish.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #40
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Tiamat wouldn't do a virus since the all mighty Choc would stop 'em!