Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 11:26 PM   #61
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I have to agree with Sir Michael about Tiamat... he wouldn't do that stuff anyways... he was just really well... disappointed? As for Z man, I trust him, besides what do we have to lose around here? It's indeed better safe than sorry.

Tiamat then, didn't really have a second chance... he changed names and all that... but then people here never really had a clean-slate over him.. and well he practically didn't change his ways either... but I know I have been here long enough to say that this guy lasted mroe than those peeps who were maybe as spammy and as harsh taht got banned before... he got a LOT of chances from Ziroc... so too much isn't even existent here... he already had too many chances.. and too many failures.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:10 AM   #62
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Tiamat used to be really cool, What the hell happened to the tiamat we knew??
Old 05-16-2002, 03:23 AM   #63
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Im not sure quite who said it, but it was stated that Tiamat was only banned because of a few people who spoke out against him.
I would disagree with that, and judging by the email this is the thread that got him banned. What he did in that thread is against the TOS; as were many of the other things he did.

I believe that he brough upon himself exactly what he got.

But whatever happens here, it is Ziroc's forum, and he has the ultimate say; whether or not we think it is the right decision to make.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:35 AM   #64
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:

Regardless of Tiamat's intent (and I agree, BTW, I think he was assuring Ziroc that he WOULDN'T send a virus), the fact that he mentioned the "virus" word at all shows a complete lack of common sense. It's akin to walking up to an airport security desk and making a joke about a bomb.
That is what made me worry. It's like a Mob Boss telling you 'You wouldn't want something to HAPPEN to your family, now would you?"..

It's a threat--buried into the message, and I don't take threats lightly..

Thanks everyone, I am going to close this thread now.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-16-2002, 03:41 AM   #65
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I have arrived here late (the disadvantage of living in a Europeon time zone )

At the outset, let me say that I am sad to see Tiamat banned, just as I am disappointed when anyonewho has been here for a while is banned. I have defended the guy against some of the more personal attacks he has attracted in the past and have even found some of his posts amusing [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

However this time he has crossed the line. For the good of the IW community as a whole, he had to go. I hope this is the last banning we will see for a long time. By all means, let off a bit of steam in this thread, but after the dust settles, let's get back to ensuring this corner of cyberspace is the sort of place that we all want to come back to again and again.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 05-16-2002, 03:46 AM   #66
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

BTW, I planned to just suspend his account for 30 days, but I don't know now...

I MAY think about letting him back, but I read the email (Like others said) like the "I would never hack your system.. hehehe, nope, not me..." type email.

But, Tiamat, when you read this, email me.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album